Removal of Open World PvP to Syndesia, Adding of Guild Warfare and Politics

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

so how about this suggestion. Make Syndesia all about guild politics.

Guild members will only be able to kill members of guilds that they are hostile or neutral towards.
    Cities are either Guild owned or Alliance Aligned, and in order to siege a city you must first declare war upon that guild or Alliance.
    Only the guilds/alliances involved are able to attack or defend.

Unguilded players can either be free for all or untouchable depending on how the community thinks they should be treated.

• Wiki Editor

To be honest, it would screw down the whole initial concept of game.
    What we need are good features to face open world PVP, especially in it‘s criminal form.

• Militias will give enough honorful PVP opportunities, if good implemented.

• For criminal activities Devs just need to tweak Jail-System.

• And we need a real area control feature.

@Kralith

Aye.. but it definitely would be a completely different Gamestyle than the other planets. Which Fractured is suppose to be about. As it is, there really isn't much difference between Tartoros and Syndesia. Even with a crime system, its still the same thing. Open World PvP.

Yes, yes and yes. 🙏

If Syndesia is to be its own planet, it either needs to radically change the current style of Tartaros-like open world PvP it has or just abandon it in favor of the political one.

However, I would suggest not making it "guild politics" but city politics. Instead of guild members being attackable, it should be citizen+residents. Just guild members (or just citizens) would be way too easily abuseable. And with that, real solo players can be untouchable to a large extent (obviously like 1-2week cooldown before they can rejoin to stop mechanic abuse).

@Ostaff

There is a huge difference between a world where everything can be taken by strenght, and Syndesia where being assaulted by a red is the exception.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Higher player population and activity will make a more robust and balanced pvp environment that is not just random grifers or wandering hordes.
    Players who have unlocked the abilities of a mob can provide pvp protection to other players working to get the skill in return for some/all of the gold collected as for the learning players the gold is not the main point.
    At the moment there are simply too few people for such a large area to have meaningful pvp ballancing.
    If we were all restricted to 1/10th of the map area and only 6 cities max I bet the farm that players would be looking out for each other and have serious organization and cooperation.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Yeah it's going to be a huge no from me too. Criminal system and open world pvp should be a big part of Syndesia.

Also, something tells me that Arb is still going to have pvp over cities and stuff, so it'll likely have politics pvp but no open world pvp. ( I think PvE players always want to do PvP, but only when they want to, and are never forced to, which is what Arb will probably have ).

I really can't think of any system where they can implement which will make cities work in Arb without the pvp aspects of it.

@spoletta said in Removal of Open World PvP to Syndesia, Adding of Guild Warfare and Politics:

@Ostaff

There is a huge difference between a world where everything can be taken by strenght, and Syndesia where being assaulted by a red is the exception.

Sadly the problem with this is...

"world where everything can be taken by strenght" is the reality for Syndesia.
    "Syndesia where being assaulted by a red is the exception" is just a theory, A GAME THEORY! (couldnt resist not to say it), that wont ever work.

@Rife said in Removal of Open World PvP to Syndesia, Adding of Guild Warfare and Politics:

Criminal system and open world pvp should be a big part of Syndesia.

Sprinkle players into the mix and you have poor reskin of Tartaros Why should we need another Tartaros? 🤷

• Tbh it really depends on what the devs have in mind for Syndesia. If they really want solo players to be a part of this world then the PVP toggle would not be a bad idea, but that in fact is basically what you have with the militias, so not sure how the Criminal System would fit in there. The militias are supposed to be at city level, each city having the possibility to create their own player militia (this what was said by the devs when Militias were presented last year), and who ever wants to join the Militia has the right to kill and full loot members of other militias without affecting their karma. This is basically the CvC that you guys were talking about I believe and also works as a PvP toggle as you only interact with other players that are interested in PvP. But again, this removes completely the need of a Criminal System and the danger for players that do not join a militia.

I think we all agree that the problem is not really that reds exist but the zergs that are being practiced. Considering that unlike other games the skills come directly from farming a specific mob and not by unlocking them just by gaining xp, the fact that reds are camping certain areas to keep the mobs in there just for themselves makes PvErs (not so used to PvP) and solo players unable to acquire certain KP and skills. I could suggest having a time slot where certain areas would be at peace, so that these players would get their chance to advance in the game. Archeage for example has a system like that for the not safe areas. There is a period of tension that according to the level of pvp on going there escalates up to war and then comes 1h peace. Not saying it has to work the same way, just throwing an idea and example there.

btw @Rife The devs already confirmed that there will not be sieges in Arb. They are still coming up with the system but it will not involve PVP.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured