Crafting Stations and Processing Stations

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Crafting stations of all kinds need to be removed from residential plots. Crafting stations should ONLY be available from a city (those without a city can use the Starter Towns)

Processing stations should only be in residential plots or more control permissions will need to be given specifically to processing stations. As it is, the only reason to use a city wide processing station is if the player literally does not care for what they are making; Otherwise, the player will process inside of their own residential plot where than have more control over who can use it.

The current setup is a major flaw in the game. Why did they put this in? It completely negates the city's control permission on the crafting stations being used in the city.

• Wiki Editor

I can agree with this in reason of the changes of townsystem.

Especially the point of a more detailed permission system for town properties is very important.

For now, everyone who has access to the Stations can grab the stuff and use it for themself, especially for the long time processed stuff like tanning tubs and smelter. When the first marketplaces popp up, the problem may even more worse, since the people can just sell that stuff for own profit, even it was collected by the other towncitizen.

Yeah i know „then just invite people you totally trust as your citizen.“ but that doesn‘t solve the problem itself and would lead to a separation of strong bounded groups from new player.
    Who ever will invite new player to their cities, if they don‘t have any control over them?
    You not even can prove in any kind at the moment, if this new player act correct or if a townie you was trusting screwed a town? You probably will just accuse the new player and kick him.
    If the system with literally no permission system is intended, every town will just close their walls in front of everyone else and a new player or playergroups will get locked out from everything.
    We will surely not see any Newbie friendly town for that reason in future.
    Sounds maybe harsh at this point from me, but that are my concerns.

As for smelter and tanning tubs, also for storage buildings , i would like, if there would be the possibility to overwrite general permissions on them.
    If we would have roles in town, like „new citizen“, „confirmed citizen“ , we could set at the permissions on some storages, smelter, tubs to „confirmed“ and the problem of the mess would be smaller.

I can even imagine, that a citizen can „rent“ a smelter for it‘s own, means it is locked for others as long he is producing his stuff there. That should be probably restricted to one smelter, that not just a single citizen can lock all of them.

Or maybe making an own role of „Blacksmith“ and these people are caring for smelteries and processing and giving out the stuff to the people who requested a smelting.

Well that was just some thoughts how i can imagine to make the system of towns more controllable. Maybe other will see it totally different.

@Kralith

They need to log who puts what in and takes what out of processing stations as well if within the city boundaries.

• Wiki Editor

@Ostaff said in Crafting Stations and Processing Stations:

@Kralith

They need to log who puts what in and takes what out of processing stations as well if within the city boundaries.

This would be great, if we could get such a log, would make many things easier to manage inside a town.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

the logs would only serve for mayor to exclude a player that already stolen the item....cities should be a way for players to use stations and that is it.

The whole system bothers me. Losing items you worked for just to get them stolen by another player is going to kill the game. Also if players do not have easy access to tools to craft that in turn will also kill the game...at least for me. I can't imagine I'm in the minority on these topics.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Agree with OP 100%.

The fact that as of right now residents cant be evicted, and they can also build their own weapons and armors, it's making residential plots way too overpowered.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I hardly didnt agree to that.

That would give city owners to much power and can lead to a exclusion of people that are not a big guild or want to play in small groups.

I see the example right in front of me in this Alpha i have signed to a city but wont excepeted because the owner want make there own thing.

• Wiki Editor

@Ignator said in Crafting Stations and Processing Stations:

That would give city owners to much power and can lead to a exclusion of people that are not a big guild or want to play in small groups.

You need to see it from the other side.
    If it stay like it is right now, smaller guilds and single player won't get any invite to a town and would get excluded for sure, because a town can't be sure, that there will not be a greedy and spying people who just comes into a town to steal stuff.
    So it will be more excluding of smaller groups than with a better permission system.

Agree, crafting stations in private plots are a bit of an issue. Residents already have free access to the city stations.

@spoletta said in Crafting Stations and Processing Stations:

Agree, crafting stations in private plots are a bit of an issue. Residents already have free access to the city stations.

ONLY if the governor allows them to. City crafting stations can be locked to citizens only if the Governor wishes. Residents would then only have access to, at best, Fine Quality gear. If they want Excellent quality gear, they will need to buy it from the city.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

And if a Governor wants to exclude all the solo people? What then?

Just limit the amount of stations they can have on a residential plot. Should solve it fine.

@trik they are already limited, byt the amount of space they have available to place crafting stations.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured