How hyped are you?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Don't know about you guys but i found out about this game 3 days ago and can't wait for it to release! I also noticed on steam that the game won't be on early access which imo is impressive, since most games of this type tend to be..

• I'm probably checking the website and forum around about twice a day, which I honestly didn't expect to be doing having previously lost my confidence in the MMO market. This was mainly due to bad/greedy company practices and MMO's loosing their original direction.

I find myself somewhat impressed by the company so far, and the development of the game has me genuinely hopeful. The company seem to be trying to do everything right to build a solid base for their game and gain a reputation. If they manage to pull this off (so far so good) then the reception on entering the MMO market will be positive, and should attract a decent quantity of players.

Needless to say, as a result I am incredibly hyped. If there was an option, I would play the game right now, throughout it's continued early development.

Heck, last night I was even dreaming about the game. So they are obviously doing something right.

Roll on next Alpha test.

@Kazzier said in How hyped are you?:

I'm probably checking the website and forum around about twice a day, which I honestly didn't expect to be doing having previously lost my confidence in the MMO market. This was mainly due to bad/greedy company practices and MMO's loosing their original direction.

I find myself somewhat impressed by the company so far, and the development of the game has me genuinely hopeful. The company seem to be trying to do everything right to build a solid base for their game and gain a reputation. If they manage to pull this off (so far so good) then the reception on entering the MMO market will be positive, and should attract a decent quantity of players.

Needless to say, as a result I am incredibly hyped. If there was an option, I would play the game right now, throughout it's continued early development.

Heck, last night I was even dreaming about the game. So they are obviously doing something right.

Roll on next Alpha test.

"All the children were nestled, asleep in their beds... with dreams of foraging, smelting, and pk'n for more wares."

Not as hyped as I was 9 months ago.

@Stacy555

May want to watch the new video Prometheus just sent out on you tube... they have totally revamped the entire housing/city/crafting structure now.

@Ostaff
    Thanks for the heads up and link, but the more I see the more I'm thinking this is not going to keep my interest for long, I'll dip my toe in every once in a while to see how things are progressing.

I'm not big on PvP and I don't think from what I've seen of the PvE content there will be enough day to day diversity to make me want to log on after the first week or 2, added to the combat system that many people find extremly frustrating, with the tree and corpse clicking issue that surely should have been resolved by now.

As I've said before I truely hope I'm wrong and things appear that I have missed.

• @Stacy555
    Since they have a continent completely void of PvP (Arboreus), I think the PvE content at release will be quite good. Not being hyped after a few months of finding about the game is normal, and I feel the same way.

@Razvan The problem for me is, you say you "think" PvE content will be quite good ?, but what are you baseing this on ?, apart from the inital crafting and gaining of KP, then what ?, a couple of new monsters a week ?.

Serious question.

@Stacy555 We haven't any real pve content yet beside of the mobs for abilities and kp (maybe legends but that's it). We will get dungeons, labyrinths and so on, so we can't tell yet how good it'll be 😉

• @Stacy555 i honestly fully expect / hope on them not going through with the horizontal progression thing because then the game will be more of a battle royale thing than mmo. And who would play a battle royale game without pvp (arboreus)? Besides, there will be little point in having premium more than a month on any planet. So what I expect is end game gear, loot with different rarities to facilitate trading and crafting, world bosses with interesting mechanics, randomized dungeons, some political aspect.

@Razvan

I agree. I just can not see how a true horizontal mechanic could ever work for an MMORPG. RPG require growth, and growth means that you are better than what you original started as. Without it, they are indeed nothing but a battle royal.

• I registered like two years ago and totally forgot about it until like a week ago. And, I gotta say, I'm feeling pretty hyped!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Ostaff I'm relatively new to mmorpgs, but isn't this game not very close to true horizontal? The talent tree + knowledge system seems to give a decent amount of room to grow, and as long as there are plenty of viable abilities to be learned..

@SirDiddle said in How hyped are you?:

atively new to mmorpgs, but isn't this game not very close to true horizontal? The talent tree + knowledge system seems to give a decent amount of room to grow

That is actually what I was trying to say.... I believe it was at the start of this thread that I had stated that the developers had actually lied when they said it was going to be horizontal where a newbie could take on a veteran.

The only way to have a "horizontal" game is to not have any growth which is exactly what Overwatch and those battle royal games are. An MMORPG by nature, has to have vertical growth.

@SirDiddle
    There will be a decent amount for the first month, but after that anyone who has a mind to will have all the KP and skills available, some have done this very quickly during the Alpha tests, then once the meta builds have become common knowledge it will stagnate.

My biggest fear for release is the swtcheroo situation with multi builds, I like to pick a playstyle ie, Range, Melee, Caster, but having the option to just switch gear and skills, at the next available Inn, takes away the immersion and the love for a toon, which is an important part of any game from my perspective, this is why I don't ever do alts.

I have been following this game for too long now to be really hyped. I have enjoyed tremendously having a front row seat as it were to the creation and development of the game. I have also enjoyed the company and banter of many of forum members over the years (even the ones no longer with us). However I have seen the game move in concerning (for me) directions. I have no desire to play another MMO that becomes a second job. Also I am troubled by the large outside guilts that stalk the forum these days. I suppose it is good the game which I do want to be successful. I get the sense that Fractured may end up being a game that I never really play. However I remain cautiously optimistic and will certainly continue to follow the game's development.

@Gibbx
    Pretty much how I feel at the moment

• i found this game few days ago... and i m really hyped ! 😉

i loose faith because of CoE adventure but finaly i'm back !

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

My hype goes up and down for this game.

1. zero interest in PvP and I agree, it will be a battle royale outside of beast-folk territory.

2. as @Stacy555 stated, how if PvE going to remain interesting once you’ve blown through KP, slaughtered the mobs and your city is a craft giant. I’m not going to all of a sudden think, oh pvp time. Nope!

Making an open world pvp is freaking easy if you think about it. Make map, models, weapons, and some skills. Now kill each other. Dev time 1 year... the PvE aspect (mobs, crafting, and purpose) takes a lot more time and thought. My opinion on the matter.

• i believed that it will be possible to capture the other village ?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured