Death Corpse Looting

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

hello there, i got a smal looting struggle in the last test, i know a Corpse spawn system from Spell Frorce (SF) which aloow looting and was designed as MMO, where you shold bet an eye on, SF splits the death corpse and give evryone a litle space, Fractured stacks them and there isnt it easy to loot

Order.png
    easy to click them all (Spellforce edition)
    Chaos.png
    who is who? (Fractured edition)

in Spellforce one it looks sometimes a litle buggy whe a corpse spawns 10m away from you but in this momens are you got way different problems while you got a circle with the radion of 10m filled with death corpses, and you wont bet an eye on there spawn,

i mean this mechanic is verry helpfull to get rid of larger groups of enemys and loot them, even a tiny hint who isnt looted yet would be cool

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

This brings up an interesting question.

You are good player (or neutral) and want to loot evil player corpses, but all corpses are stacked, you misclick and now you are flagged. 🙂

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Problem for neutral for sure, but doesn't it just not allow you to loot non-evil corpses as a good player?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

My ideal solution is in three parts:

• Empty corpses don't register as interactive, so they don't interfere with non-empty corpses. You'll always click on a non-empty one or another and will get them all eventually.
    • If several corpses are close together, the ones that do not give you justice consequences to loot are selected first.
    • There should be a command to drop down a list of every overlapping interactive object and pick which one you want.

• I quess the fights in Fractured will be on a much bigger scale, so I think that we should get a list of corpses when you right-click a stack. Those that give karma should have the colour red, those who don't should be white or blue. Corpses with no loot should be unclickable.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@FibS said in Death Corpse Looting:

• Empty corpses don't register as interactive, so they don't interfere with non-empty corpses. You'll always click on a non-empty one or another and will get them all eventually.
    • If several corpses are close together, the ones that do not give you justice consequences to loot are selected first.
    • There should be a command to drop down a list of every overlapping interactive object and pick which one you want.

Like the first bullet point especially. If it's empty, there's no real need to interact with them.

Im kinda hoping consequences dont activate until you have actually taken an item.

So if you misclick a corpse (you see name on loot bag) you just close this bag, without looting, and nothing happens.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Full loot bevore disabling would also block cherry picking, for example if you gather gold from zombie, but not rotten flesh then you will not reach the zombie below

i think the disabling the ability to interact would a good otion while there would no new mechanic needet to place these corpses and a mechanic who disable interactions on items with higher layer / enabling interactions behind objekts, would also help in PvP, it would stop cutting tree accidents, its just the way how the mechanic gets implementet

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Just have area loot. Clicking on any corpse brings them all up in a reasonable radius. Then outline the things in red and slightly visual border (for a11y) for things that would be negative karma. Confirmation dialogue configurable before commiting the negative karma.

Really not that complicated. I would be surprised if they haven't already planned this out. Single click top layer detection is quick to code, relatively. Next step will just take a little bit more to code. I just hope area loot has a few setting for those of us that want to pre-filter negative karma items.

I have no doubt this will be designed well.

Some pre filters would indeed be nice to have.

Past games I played had a popup you could toggle if you were going to do something to flag that you had to confirm by hitting.

• Maybe it would be possible to add a setting like "I can't loot good players" or something?

But one thing I learned in Albion was "Its good to loot your friends and bring them back their stuff".
    I would like to be able to do that here also without negative consequences. 🙂

• @Trug said in Death Corpse Looting:

@FibS said in Death Corpse Looting:

Like the first bullet point especially. If it's empty, there's no real need to interact with them.

Sorry, but I disagree. It's not the attack or the looting you have to worry about from me. It's what I do to....more precisely with.....your corpse after. Let's just say I do things they wouldn't show on National Geographic....and we both know they show everything on National Geographic

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured