Items Weight/Inventory

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I can't deal with the fact i have always my inventory on max weight and its not even full of items. I mean its at 9% with no items at all.

Some rethink of the weight of items would be a great start.

PS: If there is more posts about it, i'm sorry.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@bawz said in Items Weight/Inventory:

h the fact i have always my inventory on max weight and its not even full of items. I mean its at 9

your inventory may be empty, but are you naked and not holding any weapons as well?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Yeah wearing armor or other items makes adds to your weight. After all it is unrealistic that a man in a full suit of armor could carry as much as one who is basically naked.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I don't want to enter in Realism discussions, its a game after all, just don't make the game too much of a burden, and at the moment of this alpha, the game is TOO MUCH of a burden, and maybe that is just ME that don't enjoy this much of a burden and should be playing something else.

Anyways,

I was playing and often was full on weight with the bag half empty, and if u put 500 arrows, i can't even carry 10 stones + 5 branchs, 50 Bandages + 50 Remedys, + 10 trolls skins.

Again maybe its just me, but a weight revision is needed.

In a lot of ways I think this goes in the same bucket of "tweaks" that will be needed before release, but are unlikely to probably get much love right now. For example, weight does need a bit of a tweak on some things which seem either too heavy, or not enough. Another of those things being deterioration of weapons. At the moment tuned a little too high, even though I do kind of like they break every so often. Just needs to be tamped down about 25% - 50% baseline.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Yes, durability for sure needs a full review as well.

• Wiki Editor

@bawz said in Items Weight/Inventory:

I don't want to enter in Realism discussions

I don't think, there is any need of a realism discussion, because then we would need to start to discuss about, why a longsword takes the same space in inventory like a small flower. 😛

But in your example:

10 stones + 5 branchs, 50 Bandages + 50 Remedys, + 10 trolls skins.

Just think a while about putting 10 stones for a campfire, 5 Branches to make the fire, 50 Bandages and 50 Remedys and 10 Skins from 3 Meter high fat trolls in your backpack in real world.
    You surely would crouch on your knees, if you wouldn't be a Weightlifter.

Some things are heavier than others, that is usual in many games with weight restriction.
    If you want to carry more, create your toon with max strenght and skill strength talents.

That does not mean, i am totally happy with the weigth balancing overall, but i know, there will be much rebalancing during Beta. For Alpha, thats only goal is, to get all core features into the game and get them tested as good we can, is tweaking weights totally unimportant, excpet there is a very hard failure/mistake in a weight of an item.
    An Example would be, if the small dandelion would have a weight of 4 kg, while the Longsword is just weighting 0.1 kg.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

All good but I can carry like 200 wheat plants in my backpack 😂

If you boost your strength stat that can help carry a bit more. I know the arrow thing can be annoying but I kind of like not being able to carry 500+ arrows as that is rather unrealistic. Arrows can be made on the fly 😉

Being a mage, I'm nearly encumbered just carrying around my mage staff! <jk>

• Wiki Editor

@ReverendOne 😂 Yeah the hard life of a Mage: Can not even carry a stone and is always laying on ground like a rug. 😉

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @bawz, you're right that some items are too heavy. Gold and arrows should be almost weightless, while items such as skins and bones are very heavy for no reason. We're going to revise the weight of loot items ASAP 🙂

@Prometheus

Oh this is awesome info. Y'all are really listening, thank you for reviewing these things.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This is my first alpha, and i know there is love for all kind of games, and this kind of game are for a niche taste, i just wonder if its a "Me" problem only.

I understand some items can be heavier then others, and as some people mentioned, some items need fixing, and balancing but, I did 3 characters:

A warrior with 18 str, with gear was 25str and while killing stuff, weight limit caught my eye, but wasn't a problem yet, i could carry enough, while holding bandages/remedies, the stones and branches for the campfire.

Then i made a mage and weight started worrying me.

Then i made a Dex+Per char for a "Ranger", and weight on items was a real problem, because, and now i know, i only had 6 str, but could not carry anything beside the "essentials". I noticed you are not supposed to kill mobs with auto attacks, but still, some mobs you could, and arrow fly away fast.

If u want to keep the "Realism" allow people to use wagon to go on group expeditions when people want to horde/stack a bunch of materials for example, just a thought, even for pvp its a plus, finding some group with a cart full of stuff.

I just want to say as well, what i really like is kill stuff :), i also enjoyed a lot the skills, how you find them, and the setups you can do because how the memory works.

Edit: i guess if there is hunter roll on a guild, i prefer that, going out and bring stuff back, such as gold and materials for craft/enchants. 🙂

We should have pack mules! 🙂

@Ostaff Problem with pack mules is they are easy to kill lol.

And probably would slow you down to frustratingly slow speeds.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Food is kind of heavy too. Plus all cooked food is the same weight, afaik. Should be differences.

I'm no stonemason but if I found an entire hill of rock, I could make more than one brick...just sayin' 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured