INT stat not increasing memory points

• TF#10 - CONSUL

INT stats in equipment not increasing skill memory points, but INT stats in talent tree gives 2 additional skill memory points.
    Also when i have enough point to put skills I need in my build and decrease my INT (with memory points). I can still use all my skills selected. As you can see in picture i have 18/16 mem. points
    Untitled.jpg

• Wiki Editor

@baaldas
    Thats intended, because you could abuse the system, if you equip items, memorize more abilities with your more INT and then simply remove the items again and go with less INT but more abilities to adventures.
    So no bug at all. 😉
    https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/193125

• TF#10 - CONSUL

So why not to fix this problem? I don't say they have to do it immediately, but now that mechanic makes no sense. When you choosing stats at char creation INT is more valuable than other stat then, because of memory points. Very strange.

• Wiki Editor

@baaldas
    There is nothing to fix.
    Because there is no problem.
    INT on Items just don't give more Memory points.
    You can get INT for Memory points at your initial character sheet and with Talents, that's it.
    It works as intented.

Also if you chose INT on your character, you will be quite weak in other stats.
    As a Tank you won't need that much INT and Memory points, because you have the shiney nice metal armor and the big hard hitting sword.
    You will see, many skills that are for Mages will need light armor too, so, nope, not everyone will going to make characters with Max INT.

It doesn't mean, they will not balance it more, like making tanky abilities cheaper than the 6 point super duper Mage Abilities.
    But the system with not counting Items with INT is exactly good as it is.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@baaldas

The only thing raising INT with items and enchantments does is increase the amount of Damage and Duration that abilities have, as well as increase mana regen. Anything that can only be set during a firepit break can only be adjusted at a firepit break, so if something is able to be adjusted at any other time then it will never effect what is able to be done only at a firepit.

With that being said, your MAIN two attribute stats on character creation are INT and CON and therefore all builds will need to have high INT and CONs at character creation.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Then it would be nice to inform players that INT will give memory points (and what those points are for) at char creation. Anyway thanks for information.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@baaldas

Aye, information is lacking in many areas 🙂

Most of use who have been testing for a while know these hangups, but a new tester definitely wouldn't.

Wait, I think that we have misunderstood something.

INT from equipment does indeed not increase memory, as explained by the others before me.

INT from talents though as far as I know shouldn't increase memory either, while he is saying that right now it does.
    This is a bug.

If INT from talents increases memory, you can memorize that talent set, then memorize a skill set which requires a lot of memory and then memorize a talent set without that additional INT. This results in the OP screenshot, where he can use a skill preset even without the memory.

This is 100% a bug. INT from talents DOES NOT increase memory.

• @Kralith said in INT stat not increasing memory points:

@baaldas
    Thats intended, because you could abuse the system, if you equip items, memorize more abilities with your more INT and then simply remove the items again and go with less INT but more abilities to adventures.
    So no bug at all. 😉

A simple check can prevent the system from being abused: if you go below the needed memory points when unequipping an item, you get an error message "amulet cannot be removed because you'd have too few memory points". If you die with such an amulet on and you go below the memory points, then at respawn the game forces you to switch loadouts. Such a system should be implemented anyway for talent tree, because, as others said, int from there can also be abused.
    Another solution is not to be able to use any ability as long as you don't have enough memory points.

• Wiki Editor

@Razvan Why making it so complicated?
    A simple description ingame, that INT from Character Selection and Talents only gives Memory Points would be enough to make it clear for everyone.

• Wiki Editor

@spoletta yes, you are true, that should get need a check, like you can‘t memorize a Talent Preset with less INT, if you have a Ability set memorized, that needs more INT. But thats easier to implement, since both is to set at the same place.
    Equipment you can change whenever you want, Memorizing just with resting at Fireplaces.

But directly an edit:
    Finally they removed Memory Point increasing by Talents at Patch 2.4.1:

"Memory is now correctly calculated with Base Intelligence only (i.e. the INT set on character creation). Talents no longer increase that."

• @Kralith said in INT stat not increasing memory points:

@Razvan Why making it so complicated?
    A simple description ingame, that INT from Character Selection and Talents only gives Memory Points would be enough to make it clear for everyone.

Because this way INT will be the only stat that is less powerful if it comes from additional source. If you want to create a versatile character (all stats 14-16), when you'll change to mage you'll have 8 fewer memory points compared to a native mage with the same INT. Besides, the fix is quite trivial.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I honestly agree with OPs perspective on this.. I dont think itemization NOT affecting memory is an ideal solution. In fact, I think it should, and if ppl remove the item, the penalty should simply be harsh and it would invalidate their current build, meaning they would have to go rest again to restore it. Additionally.. taking it a step further and removing it for tealents, is EVEN worse. it only decreases our flexibility in making builds. Just my perspective!

• Wiki Editor

@Razvan said in INT stat not increasing memory points:

Because this way INT will be the only stat that is less powerful if it comes from additional source.

True. If you watch other stats, like Strength, there is indeed a difference, for example Strenght increases Max Life ingame.
    The Problem is, INT is the only one, that effect a core Element of the game, the amount of skills you are able to take to your Preset. No other Stat has so much impact.
    It is maybe a thing, that Devs should look into, to separate the Memory Point amount from actual character stats and bind them at a special Stat, that is possible to increase ingame. But i do not have an idea how to handle it better, since it shouldn‘t be a stat you should not be able to increase that easy in reason of the horizontal progression.

• DymStudios - CEO

Fixed in v.a.2.4.1. We may reconsider this mechanic in the future 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured