πŸΊβ“‡β“β“‘β“˜β“”β“’ ⓐⓝⓓ πŸ¦‡β“‹β“β“œβ“Ÿβ“˜β“‘β“˜β“’β“œ

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

As far as I know the game there are such things as Werewolves and Vampires, but why not make them diseases?
    Imagine the following situation: the Hunter (man)follows the prey, but despite of everything meets a strange wolf. He's got saliva coming out of his mouth, you know he's going to pounce on you right now. You join with him in battle, on its an end to the you find on its the body bite and simply you wash it out wound by not thinking about the consequences of. After 1-3 days, the disease begins its activity and the infected begin to be more sensitive - pop up are hallucinations
    because of sharp and loud sound; his eyes see worse and other side symptoms. In the final phase (4-5 days) the infected have an uncontrollable desire to attack his friend/close/passerby (forced pvp). As a result, you have increased physical abilities, but your possession of the magic is lost(or greatly reduced), but this is not a positive effect, and a curse that can kill you.
    Rabies can be cured by a special potion that can cook you your friend or physician in the city for a price(the price will be reduced if you bring him some of the necessary resources for its preparation). If you have time to drink the potion to his death, you will receive immunity for 1 season (three months= game 1 week real).πŸ˜ πŸ˜¬πŸ€’
    The situation with the vampire: let the city passing by the girl was attacked by a vampire and sucked the blood( in battle it can be as debilitating ability that allows you to grab the victim and not suck a lot of blood), and then in the morning she wakes up and feels weak, especially in the sun. One day after the bite, she begins to feel an inhuman thirst for blood and can attack the victim in order to get a tasty slice. Because of what is happening she begins to fear( in terms of log kill or suck the blood from one victim) and her mind is a little muddy, and the desire to get blood is only getting bigger. Due to what your body is even more rebuilt and the day you get even worse, but at night you get more power. After 15 days, your thirst becomes so strong that you begin to drink the blood from himself and die. If within 4 days you are not who you attack, you will die of thirst. Or you can escape getting in 2-3 days a task for the salvation of humanity and by doing so, you will receive immunity from this disease for one season.πŸ¦‡ πŸŒ—

The idea to complicate things with vampirism and werewolves ain't new, but I like your ideas about forced PvP and other real effects on character. Take ESO for example: being vampire or werewolf in that game is mostly beneficial and if you have some problems due to your state it is not really that hindering.

I believe in alpha-classes and deep gameplay. If there will be monster play it have to be interesting, complex and hard. Otherwise it's not worth it. Also it could not be something else, not our typical vampires or werewolves. Shadow disease. Symbiosis. There are a lot of things that can be done with that idea.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Yup, implementing game changing mechanics like vampirism would be pretty cool... As long as they are well intertwined with the rest of the game. Sadly most games I've played that had them, they where pretty poorly done.

It is the same old problem: no one wants to unbalance game.

Back in the day when games had monsters that can level on player kills or alpha class existed people was not afraid to experiment. These days people want to bring innovation, but they still keep in mind the formula dictated by WoW and clones that followed. I hope Fractured to be different and it looks like it, but we'll see.

One of the things that could be done very interesting but stays mundane to the core is magic. It could have been such an experience, yet it hardly covers anything beyond combat. Mage is most MMORPGs is no different from everyone else, just damage looks different.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Cool, liked it in Oblivion and Skyrim, but hard to inplement in mmo i think

@benseine

so long as there is a 'cure', either temporary or permanent then it shouldn't be a problem but there are some people that do want to say pure.

I could see it a cure or permanent. If it were to be permanent though it would need to have a strong bonus and an equally strong negative.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

In Elder Scrolls, not only are therianthrophy and vampirism usually diseases which means disease resist works against them too, but there is ample lore identifying and comparing the different strains - the excuse for why they work differently each game / in each area of Tamriel.

In Daggerfall you can become a wereboar instead of a werewolf. It forces you to kill someone every full moon or your max HP will drop. (As in "your max HP was 300 but now it's 4".)

@mazikar

yeah. even if there wasn't a cure, per say, but more of a reverse mechanic.

Over time a cure could be found by exploring the game, crafting, digging around, etc. maybe some rare resource could be found by someone rotating their camera and they bring it to an alchemist where they 'study it' over a few game days or months and then experiment on a few infected. This could be a mini-game, even though I don't like them, where the alchemist has to try different inputs to and see if they work. Maybe the resource is rare enough that some type of research has to be done first.

but that's a bit to code but it could be used for future events!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@rolanstorm Someow, i feel like having a player turn into a really powerful monster, but completely cutting him off from the "civilized" world (no access to cities unless hidden, no interaction with NPCs other than combat) is not imbalanced. It just adds another dimension to the game, allowing you to become the villain. Perhaps forcing you to find a hide spot where you can build up your "lair" and strengthen it with infected monsters or even other PCs. Left unchecked this lair would become a threat to the nearby city and a raid party would have to be organized so they can clear the lair, defeat the powerful vampire and then cure him. There's plenty of cool things a developer could do for a game, with the right mechanics implemented. It is a whole different story, to persuade stakeholders to actually take that risk though.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@rolanstorm said in Rabies and Vampirism:

It is the same old problem: no one wants to unbalance game.

Back in the day when games had monsters that can level on player kills or alpha class existed people was not afraid to experiment. These days people want to bring innovation, but they still keep in mind the formula dictated by WoW and clones that followed. I hope Fractured to be different and it looks like it, but we'll see.

One of the things that could be done very interesting but stays mundane to the core is magic. It could have been such an experience, yet it hardly covers anything beyond combat. Mage is most MMORPGs is no different from everyone else, just damage looks different.

^ Feel exactly the same. This whole thing were everything must be balanced perfect removes so much creativity. It doesnt allow for more interesting ideas. Its the lack of this 'balance' that made games like Baldurs Gate and the like so good. But like you mentioned, does look like Fractured will be going in a better direction. Just glad to see someone else who isnt all about 'balance' lol.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@darian said in Rabies and Vampirism:

@rolanstorm Someow, i feel like having a player turn into a really powerful monster, but completely cutting him off from the "civilized" world (no access to cities unless hidden, no interaction with NPCs other than combat) is not imbalanced. It just adds another dimension to the game, allowing you to become the villain. Perhaps forcing you to find a hide spot where you can build up your "lair" and strengthen it with infected monsters or even other PCs. Left unchecked this lair would become a threat to the nearby city and a raid party would have to be organized so they can clear the lair, defeat the powerful vampire and then cure him. There's plenty of cool things a developer could do for a game, with the right mechanics implemented. It is a whole different story, to persuade stakeholders to actually take that risk though.

Nice idea πŸ‘

@darian said in Rabies and Vampirism:

@rolanstorm There's plenty of cool things a developer could do for a game, with the right mechanics implemented. It is a whole different story, to persuade stakeholders to actually take that risk though.

Exactly. Every time we stumble on 'if everyone can't have it its bad'. Why the hell it is bad? You described perfectly valid implementation. Yes, it is not for everyone.

Do you know how much I crafted in SWG? Zero. And it was game with crafting praised to this day. I skipped a grand part of the game and never felt bad about it.

I was also aiming to make a smuggler at launch because I knew there is no way I can get a Jedi. And I was fine with it. And, by the way, I never made a smuggler. I went into the game and I forgot about all my plans very fast. My character was ranger-ish rifleman. Somehow I want for outdoorsman type, it was just the flow.

And no, this is not another 'oh, how great SWG was'. Screw that, game had its issues. I mean the game allowed me and in fact stimulated me to interact with it on the level of adventure. I just reacted to things thrown at me and went with the flow.

Same could be for monster play. You got bitten by wolf, you feel weird for a few days and then... RAWRRRRR! And yes, after you tear a few humans apart you can go and try to find a cure, find redemption... but... just look at those nice, shiny abilities... and you will have more, lots of them... and the power... oh, the power!

You see the picture. Someone stumbling on something horrific lore-wise might become interested in staying a monster. That's real fun. Not to mention that players can hunt those turned monster and environment can react differently to those who chose monster play. NPC wolves of all types can be peaceful towards werewolves and undead towards vampires.

There is so much can be done in that area. I think the main problem not even about loosing balance. Very few people want complex gameplay.

@miffi Sir, someone mentioning Baldur's Gate in a manner you did automatically is my friend.

But in the Lords we have not considered such a point that it's not all sub-races and maybe the game will be a race of werewolves, hence all our hopes perish.

@muker said in Rabies and Vampirism:

But in the Lords we have not considered such a point that it's not all sub-races and maybe the game will be a race of werewolves, hence all our hopes perish.

No, I think we saw them all. Maybe they will add later, but races pretty much drawn. As for hopes... I think the only way to implement mechanic for magic and monsters I want is to create my won game. πŸ™‚

Project Gorgon is good, by the way. They are in early access now, but when game will be finished it will be great.

This game has some chances at other options.... I will be playing a Wolf .... I guess I could become a Wear Human when the moon is absent, and while human I could be infected with the vampiric curse. That would be interesting.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@mazikar Could also just make wolves feral? Or even lose the ability to go primal form but gain other abilities or mechanics.

• Wiki Editor

I personally like the idea of diseases, not just in case of vampirism, there should be way more like a harmless cold, feaver, sadness till some aggressive serious diseases. All of them combined with increases or decreases of character values while diseased.
    Such a mechanic could be very interesting at all.
    Imagine, you go to a fight with extremly weakness ... you would think twice next time to go out of your house with such bad condition. πŸ˜‰

@kralith said in Rabies and Vampirism:

I personally like the idea of diseases, not just in case of vampirism, there should be way more like a harmless cold, feaver, sadness till some aggressive serious diseases. All of them combined with increases or decreases of character values while diseased.
    Such a mechanic could be very interesting at all.
    Imagine, you go to a fight with extremly weakness ... you would think twice next time to go out of your house with such bad condition. πŸ˜‰

you get sick enough that you can't leave the bed and need a healer/alchemist to reduce the fever and experiment on making a cure.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured