Google Auto Translator❓❗

• Wiki Editor

Well true, ingame it could help the player to do at least a minimum of communication with each other, that is more than the usual thx, t4t or gl. 😉

• DymStudios - CEO

An auto-translate feature for the game chat using the Google Translation APIs (or other services of the kind) is a nice idea, but I wouldn't call it a high-priority feature. We'll consider that for when the game approaches full release! :slight_smile:

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus said in Google Auto Translator:

An auto-translate feature for the game chat using the Google Translation APIs (or other services of the kind) is a nice idea, but I wouldn't call it a high-priority feature. We'll consider that for when the game approaches full release! :slight_smile:

I don't like it so if you plan to implement it I would like an option to turn it off 🙂

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland said in Google Auto Translator:

@prometheus said in Google Auto Translator:

I don't like it so if you plan to implement it I would like an option to turn it off 🙂

in FFXIV you had to use backets of some type to start the word/phrase translation. what appeared on your screen was your local language, what appeared on my screen was english. It wasn't a full sentence but more words and phrases.

here's a link to the auto-translate wiki for FFXIV. There is a huge list! https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Auto-Translator

Fractured would add Races, locations and phrases specific to it. Like "demon invasion", "stargate is opening", "Hide yo children, hide yo wives the demons coming", etc.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I'm the one that hate play games in my native language. I hope to see everything in english and a normal chat where everyone talks what they want :). Translation should be an option for those who want it. Don't you think so? It's an opportunity to learn a lang, well that's what I think

@finland said in Google Auto Translator:

@jetah I'm the one that hate play games in my native language. I hope to see everything in english and a normal chat where everyone talks what they want :). Translation should be an option for those who want it. Don't you think so? It's an opportunity to learn a lang, well that's what I think

this game should have 1 server. will you learn all of the languages? translation allows you to roughly communicate to someone in a language you don't know. it isn't like googles voice translation.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

This post is deleted!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

There are 2 basic ways of implementing auto-translation.
    You can just send the chat as it is and then the client translates the chat if you choose some options.
    The other option is that you type the message and auto-translate it before sending - then everyone sees the same translated message. This option is easier to implement I think and doesn't cause problem with known languages 😉

Another thing is - do all races speak the same language? Can a demon understand beastman without any problems? Or do they need to learn the language?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk said in Google Auto Translator:

Another thing is - do all races speak the same language? Can a demon understand beastman without any problems? Or do they need to learn the language?

I hope something like a common lang plus racials

There are 2 basic ways of implementing auto-translation.
    You can just send the chat as it is and then the client translates the chat if you choose some options.
    The other option is that you type the message and auto-translate it before sending - then everyone sees the same translated message. This option is easier to implement I think and doesn't cause problem with known languages 😉

there's no need to translate it on the users end though. If I can't read a language then seeing it wont help.

the other option is having some pre-translated words and phrases where the user can select and it's auto translated in other clients' chat. I see the english they see their respective language. This what Sony did for FFXIV. as shown in the wiki link I provided.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

wow, that's is something that i would find interesting... if we had to learn the others races language, that would be a nice and chaotic environment to play xD

Без имени.jpg

Sorry to go back to a dead topic,

but I think developers need to make features like in the AFC Arena. Game chat allows you to automatically translate text into your native language that you are playing. This feature will remove the boundaries between players and make the gameplay much more enjoyable.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured