Any advice for a new player?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hello! As the title suggests, I'm a completely new player. I just got the Alpha access with the new deals, and can't wait for the October Alpha! I wanted to ask for any advice for a new player, or any warnings/heads up that I should be aware of! I was hoping to create an Inn/Shop sort of area, I thought it seemed very possible with what I read and saw!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hello 12lego2!

LG
    Mata

@12lego2 Hello and welcome aboard. There is a whole forum full of 'advice". Mine would be Have Fun!

Hope you like long walks cause we got plenty of those.

Always carry at least 10 stone and 10 wood/sticks with you, keep an eye on your de-buffs.
    Necrotic Disease (Constantly drops your red bar until you die) is a thing, you can just re-log if you catch it. There's a medical healing thing, forgot what it was called to fix it but a quick re-log normally cures you.

You can't really die in the game if you're prepared, gl. hf and see you on the next test.

Tip #1) Don't talk about Fight Club
    Tip #2) Repeat rule..... tip #1

๐Ÿ˜„

On a different note..... get involved with a guild, we have plenty of them, and they can make your life a bit easier in the game. Also, mute that global chat (if they let us) or just ignore it as it tended to degenerate to trash pretty fast with the new pvpers that came aboard the last alpha test. For helpful information, you'll now need to talk within your guild channel or go to the Fractured Wiki in the community menu up top.

My advice would be to read the forums often for new info ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi @12lego2! You're a smart new fella asking a smart question! Wecome to our world. ๐Ÿ––
    Good advice abounds here, but not a lot of it is applicable to all play styles. Use salt generously on anything that claims to be generic.

I will second a couple of the above advices and add a couple of my own:

• +1 to carrying the means to make a quick campfire. Rocks and sticks weigh a bit but you really can't know what might almost kill you, or when.

• +1 to joining a guild & helping in a city. SO MANY PERKS. I mostly play solo but the facilities in cities are way too important & lush to deny yourself. And I've met some truly cool peeps.

those are my dittos. Now my own advices:

• bookmark the enchanting/reagent table here and the Beast Guide here and save yourself some trouble. The Book of Knowledge in-game is not complete.

• Make some spare clothes and store them at your place of resurrection with any other things you want to have ready so you can keep playing instead of going back to where you got killed.

• I don't ignore the global chat. My experience is that if I say hello and am pleasant, the pleasant people respond, and we sometimes learn fun things from each other. But DEFINITELY ignore the trolls and jerques. Just don't respond at all to any of that. Eventually, we will have the ability to mute/block individual accounts. For now, just do it in your head Same in the forum, btw... ๐Ÿ˜

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Welcome! I would suggest going to the advice forum. At low levels, almost anything can kill you quickly!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I'm not sure whether it will be possible to create player-run inns or shops in the coming alpha - or whether it will be possible in the full game, for that matter.

I would suggest making your first character a physical fighter. The start of the game is much easier that way, or was the last time I played alpha.

• i don't think player-run shops are in game yet sadlyy, but there's lot's to do. my favorite part is theory-crafting with the skills and talents!

@12lego2 ๐‡๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ (๐ข๐ง๐Ÿ๐จ).

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Ok so if i buy the game now I can not play it until the next testing correct or are they leaving a server open for everyone to play on also?

@Uralin correct you can't play until the next testing phase is up which will take place somewhere in october. The last test ran about a month, maybe the next will even run longer ๐Ÿ™‚

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Thank you good to know i am looking foreword to playing

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured