Aiming system and skills tree are bad , very bad .

• Like i said on my topic .
    Aiming system shut be more accurate . Why not tab aiming?
    Second thing is skills tree , that thing shut be more friendly for players . Why i shut lay on the ground close to fire place to remember my skills ? Thats crazy and not firendly for new players like me .
    Thank You .

• Wiki Editor

@Exosteel said in Aiming system and skills tree are bad , very bad .:

Aiming system shut be more accurate . Why not tab aiming?

In my opinion, the aiming system is great for an isometric (click and run/act) game.
    The Devs said, there will be no tab targetting.

Second thing is skills tree , that thing shut be more friendly for players .
    Why i shut lay on the ground close to fire place to remember my skills ? Thats crazy and not firendly for new players like me .

Because of the game design it is like this.
    You should proably read the old Spotlights, to get a bit idea about, what the game want to be. 😉

Thank You .

Of course Thank you, every feedback about struggles at start will help to improve the Descriptions in the UI Elements.
    Especially new people have still the ability to see the game with a fresh mind. 🙂

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

The targeting system is indeed bad. As much as as I can, I avoid skills that require targeting. AoE and non-targeting skills (like firebolt or fireball) are much easier to use.

There needs to be a way to target-lock an enemy, so you can continue to hit it while in the middle of a pack.

• Wiki Editor

@Roccandil Being able to hit a specific target in the middle of a pack feels a bit off to me since that mob would have a lot of cover. Most melee weapons already hit multiple targets and, as you said, there are several AoEs for spells.

@kellewic said in Aiming system and skills tree are bad , very bad .:

@Roccandil Being able to hit a specific target in the middle of a pack feels a bit off to me since that mob would have a lot of cover. Most melee weapons already hit multiple targets and, as you said, there are several AoEs for spells.

The problem is that I can't fire at all. I can shoot a firebolt into the middle of a pack, but not magic missiles, because I'm just as likely to hover over a friendly as an enemy.

Another way to handle it would be allow shooting something like magic missiles at a spot on the ground.

Solo fights are good, but group fights are a nightmare 😕

I'm not a fan of manual targeting myself because I think it tends to become a key spam like an arcade game. I liked Diablo so I will give it a go and see how I like it when the game releases. I don't think any amount of debating on this topic is going to change anything so might as well accept it 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Tab targeting is cancer and every game should remove it.

• @Farlander I only played Diablo+HF/D2+LoD, but doesn't Fractured have the same targeting system?
    LMB (both) = move (if aimed at the ground) or attack (if mouse-over enemy)
    RMB (Fractured) = Shift+LMB (Diablo) = manual targeting
    Both have skill shots.

• Content Creator

Because Magic Missile always hits with a series of like 5-6 missiles, the manual targeting for it I think is an important limiting factor. In D&D, the game where Magic Missile traditionally comes from, it is also an always hit spell, BUT it is also always limited by the fact you can't target an inanimate object or specific part of the body with it. Granted, most versions of Magic Missile in D&D can hit different targets, but that would be too hard to implement in the style of this specific spell in an isometric free-form game. Mayhaps in a turn-based game like Final Fantasy series.

Overall, I really love the Magic Missile, and it is typically my go-to spell for most fights.

As to the Skills, and needing a fire in order to move the skills around, that is a heck of a lot easier than in other games where you can't respec at all, or you need to pay or do some other task in order to earn a respec. This game lets you create 5 different presets of skills, AND 5 different presets of Talent configurations, not to mention the ability at any time to delete and recreate a preset based on known skills, and total talent points. If all you have to do to switch up is take a quick snooze, count yourself lucky. It kind of simulates the old Vancian magic system used in older versions of D&D, but allows you to respect your combat maneuvers too.

@GamerSeuss said in Aiming system and skills tree are bad , very bad .:

Because Magic Missile always hits with a series of like 5-6 missiles, the manual targeting for it I think is an important limiting factor. In D&D, the game where Magic Missile traditionally comes from, it is also an always hit spell, BUT it is also always limited by the fact you can't target an inanimate object or specific part of the body with it. Granted, most versions of Magic Missile in D&D can hit different targets, but that would be too hard to implement in the style of this specific spell in an isometric free-form game

Magic missile can be saved against, so it's not guaranteed damage.

While I might argue more in depth, the bottom line for me is that combat targeting feels bad, and isn't fun. 😞

@Roccandil

It is a very true statement that their targeting system needs some heavy work performed on it. As well as their movement system.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured