Enchantment Issues

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I was trying to enchant a wolf teeth necklace with tier 2 dexterity, but with the rss to make that possible, it allows for 5 different enchantments. I can't pick which one to enchant it with and it keeps giving me everything except the only one i am after... Like... it could at least go for the enchantment with the damn highest amount of the circles filled. what is the point in trying to enchant your necklace for dexterity when you get magic damage up? At least let us CHOOSE what we want... so, what? i need to make 10000 necklaces till i get one with the 4 enchantments i want? and have my old descent one break before i get to make a new descent one, even tho all i am doing is farming for materials for the necklace?

Enchantment issues.jpg

My character has 6 intelligence for a reason... I don't want more... same for cooldown reduction... who cares about that when u almost never use skills?

My charisma is at max... like, that's what luck is for isn't it?

@Xzait To top it all off, I enchanted it the 2 more times possible, to see what would happen... and sure enough, it filled all 4 slots with everything EXCEPT the Dexterity bonus.

fck u enchanting.jpg

Coz i toooootally need melee damage and intelligence on the same necklace.... or melee damage and spell damage...

I put in all the effort to work out how to be able to get dexterity to tier 2... and i only get penalised for it.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Try narrowing it down some to get fewer property choices.
    This one gets you a 50% for Tier 2 dex at least a bit better than 20% chance.
    I only played around with it a little bit, I'm not sure you can get it down to Just the dex choice. But with the ingredients I had it was the best I could do 🙂

alt text

They have stated that in future updates you will be able to select which one you want. Currently it randomizes among the ones you light up, but this will be changed. So it's not really a "bug".

Ye, I realised it probably shouldn't have been posted in the bug section. I sure hope you do get to choose which ones later on. They said minimalistic RNG, and this certainly isn't that. I would be happy if u could choose what u want, and based on your luck if the enchantment succeeds or not and the materials are consumed reguardless. I could get behind that, but not this. I don't want to have to make like 20 necklaces before i get one with the right enchants and blowing like 100 reagents or more for just 1 necklace that is completely randomised +all the materials to make new ones.

For Tier 2 dex, the only thing that is interchangable is Mandrake root/Crystallized Magic/Rabbit Paw. All the rest can't be swapped.

One issue that is current tho, is that alot of the enchantments are impossible to get to tier 2 (assuming the wiki has all of the reagents listed), due to there only being 3 reagents present with 'Create', being Bloodvein (Create of 2), Brain Mushrooms (Create of 1) and Spark of Life (Create of 2). Because they have such low values, u need 3 of them, leaving only 2 possible reagents for the other 3 parametres.

@Xzait said in Enchantment Issues:

One issue that is current tho, is that alot of the enchantments are impossible to get to tier 2 (assuming the wiki has all of the reagents listed)

It does, all the ones that are in now at least, that is IF the wiki editors have had time to update it this for test yet.
    The devs haven't added all the mobs that drop the "missing" reagents yet to the alpha build. There are a bunch of more mobs to be added to the game that all drop different resources.

@Sativo said in Enchantment Issues:

One issue that is current tho, is that alot of the enchantments are impossible to get to tier 2 (assuming the wiki has all of the reagents listed)

It does, all the ones that are in now at least, that is IF the wiki editors have had time to update it this for test yet.
    The devs haven't added all the mobs that drop the "missing" reagents yet to the alpha build. There are a bunch of more mobs to be added to the game that all drop different resources.

for sure. especially if we are supposed to be able to get tier 3 eventually. At this point, i doubt there is even a single thing that is possible to get tier 3 yet.

Are Tier 2 Enchants supposed to take up 2 slots each? Wonder if that was intended or not.

• Wiki Editor

@Xzait Maybe you should read https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/10945/fractured-newbie-guide seems like you don't understand how enchantments work. Enchantments are not random.

@GorTavaro That didn't help in the slightest. Look at my screenshots, I was aiming for a tier 2, but in the process it lit up 4 other potential things. Tier 2, not Tier 1. It IS random, when you have more than 1 possible outcome.

• Wiki Editor

@Xzait Have you tried you same ingredient more times or just using 4 ingredients to limit number of options enchanting table gives you?

@GorTavaro said in Enchantment Issues:

@Xzait Have you tried you same ingredient more times or just using 4 ingredients to limit number of options enchanting table gives you?

on Tier 2 dex, the best u can get it down to is randomising between 2 potential outcomes. You cannot possibly get it down to just 1 outcome. I was chatting with someone about it previously in this very thread. There is no possible guarantee recipe for +2 dex.

• Wiki Editor

@Xzait 2 is pretty good for this early in development. 1 might be possible when there is more regents in game

@GorTavaro t is possible now. For some enchantments, not all

Are Tier 2 Enchants supposed to take up 2 slots each? Wonder if that was intended or not.

Yes.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

While I do feel that when there is a list of possible enchantments after adding the reagents, some enchantments appear more often on gear, the overall system seems very intended. I didn't test this in a proper numerical way though.
    It actually penalizes you for trying to use low/cheap reagents, which I think is great. Obviously, in the current alpha, not all enchantments can be guaranteed and, well, that may even be the case for launch. That just makes certain enchantments way more valuable and you will have to think if the chance of getting it is worth the potential "bricking" of the item.

This was actually the reason I made the Enchantment Calculator as it should find an ingredient combination that would more likely guarantee your wanted enchantment. You can substitute reagents, but then you run a higher chance of a longer list of enchantments.
    Certainly, you can find one by yourself, but I often ended up with a rather large list at times.

And there are no t3 enchantments possible yet, not everything exists in t2 even.

Silynx

@Xzait, I agree, the enchantment system isn't fun for me, for the same reason. I'll be avoiding it as much as possible.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

After T1 i dont think you should be guaranteed any enchant. Then it would just be too easy for everyone to have T2 perfect rolled gear day 1. Finding mats and rolling gear should be a process. It feels very rewarding to hit all your gear. I ripped 3 pieces in a row then hit what I wanted on my 4th. Felt great. T3 gonna be hard as hell.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured