Race cohabitation in player cities?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Would more than one race be able to cohabitate in a player-ran or player-founded city, or is their a restriction on certain races living together like in other MMOs?

• To my understanding, everyone with lots of negative karma can live on demon planet, everyone with neutral karma can live on human planet, only beastmen can live on Arboreus (possibly angels too, but this isn't set in stone).

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

No, not unless it's one of those "Angel - Beast-Kin" or "Demon - Abomination" thing.

You can't live in other planets, only visit them so by that logic, you wouldn't be able to cohabit with other races.

However you did raised a pretty good point as there are things called "Asteroids" in which sort of acts like another planet that players can visit. If these mechanics are open to all races, then it would be interesting how it'll pan out for house/base building as claiming a plot would be possible in Asteroids.

• Wiki Editor

@Zori said in Race cohabitation in player cities?:

No, not unless it's one of those "Angel - Beast-Kin" or "Demon - Abomination" thing.

You can't live in other planets, only visit them so by that logic, you wouldn't be able to cohabit with other races.

However you did raised a pretty good point as there are things called "Asteroids" in which sort of acts like another planet that players can visit. If these mechanics are open to all races, then it would be interesting how it'll pan out for house/base building as claiming a plot would be possible in Asteroids.

You can have one house per planet per account depending on your alignment. It stands to reason there would be multi-race cities.

If you start as a Beastman (or Demon) and change your alignment to Neutral (on your way to Abomination/Angel), the only possible place you can live is Syndesia. Evil humans (or any evil character like Abomination) can live on Tartaros. Angels are a bit weird in that it was never decided if they can live on Arboreus, but they can live on Syndesia.

@kellewic said in Race cohabitation in player cities?:

You can have one house per planet per account depending on your alignment. It stands to reason there would be multi-race cities.

If you start as a Beastman (or Demon) and change your alignment to Neutral (on your way to Abomination/Angel), the only possible place you can live is Syndesia. Evil humans (or any evil character like Abomination) can live on Tartaros. Angels are a bit weird in that it was never decided if they can live on Arboreus, but they can live on Syndesia.

Per account or per character? cause from my understanding if you're not native to a certain planet, you cant stay long in it. I don't see how a non-x race would be able to cohab with another race if they cant live in the same planet?

• Wiki Editor

Per account or per character? cause from my understanding if you're not native to a certain planet, you cant stay long in it. I don't see how a non-x race would be able to cohab with another race if they cant live in the same planet?

Last I saw it was per account per planet.

The ability to stay on a planet is alignment-based, not race-based since karma can change.

A Beastman on Syndesia can change their alignment to be Neutral which allows them to commit criminal actions, but if they lower karma too much they can't change it back to Good and will not be able to go back to Arboreus (i.e. on the way to being an Abomination).

For Demons it's a bit harder to get to Neutral, but the same applies.

Arboreus is the more complicated planet in that even Good-aligned, non-Beastmen players cannot stay permanently. There was some discussion a while back about allowing Angels to live there permanently.

• Wiki Editor

@Zori Per account. All your characters can access your houses.
    You can only have one house per planet.
    Anyone in the demon world gains negative karma over time for just being there.
    Demons are unable to enter the beasts world.

I think any race can build a house anywhere, even in citys.

@maze said in Race cohabitation in player cities?:

@Zori Per account. All your characters can access your houses.
    You can only have one house per planet.
    Anyone in the demon world gains negative karma over time for just being there.
    Demons are unable to enter the beasts world.

I think any race can build a house anywhere, even in citys.

Last I saw it was per account per planet.

The ability to stay on a planet is alignment-based, not race-based since karma can change.

A Beastman on Syndesia can change their alignment to be Neutral which allows them to commit criminal actions, but if they lower karma too much they can't change it back to Good and will not be able to go back to Arboreus (i.e. on the way to being an Abomination).

For Demons it's a bit harder to get to Neutral, but the same applies.

Arboreus is the more complicated planet in that even Good-aligned, non-Beastmen players cannot stay permanently. There was some discussion a while back about allowing Angels to live there permanently.

Thanks for the info, i'd definitely be curious to see how much will be changed cause it seems like theres a lot of conflicting ideas that would clash with this '1 house' policy thing

• Wiki Editor

Yeah, anything can change as the game is developed 🙂

It did used to be one house per character, but I think changed due to how karma can change and if you start as either Demon or Beastman, build a house on your planet and then change alignment enough to be exiled from your planet; you'd be out of luck.

Since structures decay, eventually the house built on your original planet would disappear back into an unclaimed plot if not maintained.

I suppose under the current restrictions, one character could have 2 houses depending on their alignment. Beastmen, for example, could live on Syndesia, but they would lose their racial abilities while there.

• Community Manager

Keep in mind you can't live in a city if you can't stay permanently on that planet. So a demon for example wouldn't be able to be member of a town on Syndesia.

• Wiki Editor

@Specter said in Race cohabitation in player cities?:

Keep in mind you can't live in a city if you can't stay permanently on that planet. So a demon for example wouldn't be able to be member of a town on Syndesia.

What do Neutral demons do then or are they just homeless on their way to becoming an Angel?

• Community Manager

@kellewic A neutral demon or beastman doesn't get exiled from its home planet until they've become an angel or abomination.

• Wiki Editor

@kellewic A neutral demon or beastman doesn't get exiled from its home planet until they've become an angel or abomination.

Does that mean that Arboreus allows evil Beastmen (but not fully an Abomination) and Tartaros good Demons (not fully angels)?

Seems an evil, but not fully Abomination, Beastman would be attacked by Arboreus like other evil-aligned players and a good Demon would lose karma on Tartaros like other good-aligned players.

I'm not sure it was ever mentioned at what positive/negative karma the switch occurs, but I would guess at the extreme ends.

• Community Manager

@kellewic Demons can't become good until they've actually transformed into an Angel. Beastmen can stay permanently on Syndesia I believe and do have a period where they aren't an abomination yet but also can't go back to Arboreus. But that's all very old information. I have no idea what the current plan is.

• Wiki Editor

@kellewic Demons can't become good until they've actually transformed into an Angel. Beastmen can stay permanently on Syndesia I believe and do have a period where they aren't an abomination yet but also can't go back to Arboreus. But that's all very old information. I have no idea what the current plan is.

Will be interesting to see where it leads since only evil-aligned can have Babilis as a god and non-evil creatures lose karma on Tartaros. Will be a hard path for those Demons to Angels then once they hit neutral karma. Maybe Prometheus will take pity on them and let them stay on Syndesia 🙂

I know some of this might change and it's based on years old info. I'm just always interested in the mechanics is why I asking.

• @Specter said in Race cohabitation in player cities?:

Did they change their minds on that? Because I can find information on forum that says the opposite and imo it makes a hell lot more sense to be exiled of your planet due to karma.

• Community Manager

@Razvan Well apparently Beastmen can be kicked out before becoming an abomination. Demons however have to turn into an angel first unless the plan has changed.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured