Adding Fast Travel Planet to Planet... Your Opinion Matters!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I think that there should be some sort of cost to be able to fast travel. I'm used to OSRS where you have to gain materials to make the teleporting possible to different areas of the map.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I'm new here, but my experience with MMOs is that too much fast travel tends to ruin immersion. I'd make it limited and relatively special.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Nesgi Agree on the cost. I also think though if resource's are going to be planet dependent. You need at least one permanent gate that has a cost to travel to and from in order to gather.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Wika Yea that would make sense. I think that depending on which planet you want to travel you would have to either gather so much of one or more resource to travel to another planet. Just a thought.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

The devs have already stated that portals between worlds will be very costly in resources, time consuming to make, and only last temporarily.

So I really don't see the point in this poll.

• I was under the assumption that travelling to other planets is done via "comets" that pass at certain times, which I considered to be the best idea, but I could be wrong.
    About the gate Idea, I'd say make it as hard as possible, maybe even something for the "rich & powerful". This game appeals to me because of its difficulty, and like someone already mentioned, making things simpler/easier is usually that takes the fun away.
    So yeah, assuming the first thing I mentioned was false or outdated information, I'd say make it really hard.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Ostaff Yes Dev's have stated this idea. They have also stated that resources are going to lean more towards planet dependent. This would make equal footing problematic without proper in game global trading along with balancing. Its early so these are all just ideas. Also we have to consider how we will return to battle upon death during sieges if a temporary gate is only allowed. Will all PVP sieges be one and done if you die? All things I am sure they are looking at.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@SakuTheMedic Agree with making it resource/gold/etc.. dependent. Will take effort to utilize to travel. My biggest concern is for the siege aspect. I am fearful of one and done if you die during a siege if attacking from one planet to the next due to travel time if gates are only temporary.

if you watched the Q&As you'll be able to get the gist of the idea that the devs are trying to push.

They want travelling between planets to be a laborious task so that people would actually plan for it and use the towns/cities in between as a 'resting spot' or w/e. if 'fast travel' between planets is implemented, that would defeat the purpose of several mechanics implemented in the game, one of them is the Asteroid mechanic.

@Wika said in Adding Fast Travel Planet to Planet... Your Opinion Matters!:

@SakuTheMedic Agree with making it resource/gold/etc.. dependent. Will take effort to utilize to travel. My biggest concern is for the siege aspect. I am fearful of one and done if you die during a siege if attacking from one planet to the next due to travel time if gates are only temporary.

you can't really siege on planets iirc.

To siege a city/town is to take control of their city.
    Demons cannot stay long in the human world, in the same sense that Humans cannot remain in the Demon world or Aboreous for long. You can't even enter arboreous if you're Evil aligned.

I think what you're looking for is PVP or 'PK'ing on other planets which is possible. As a Demon, you can travel to the human realm and engage them in fights without having to lawfully engage them and vice versa.

Humans living in Syndesia however can also PVP but only if it's under a lawful agreement.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Zori I can see how this is trying to balance the planets. The Dev's did mention in Q&A you don't have to siege to take over the city but to tax the city instead of take over ownership of it. I saw this as okay so you are open to siege
    as you wish. Maybe they have something else in mind.

but to tax the city instead of take over ownership of it.
    I believe what they're trying to say in that is if you're already a part of that city, you can have a vote and win the election.

I'm not really sure where you've seen the 'taxing a city to take control of it', but all of the Q&As i've watched suggested that there are only 2 ways to take control over a city, by votes or by siege.

If you're not part of the city, you do it by siege.
    if you're already a part of it, you can do it by votes. If the city is under dictatorship rule and does not have votes, you can get you and your buddies to siege it to take control of it.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Zori watch the latest one again.. @Prometheus said you don't have to take over the city. You can have them set up tax to you. Left a lot of open questions.

@Zori watch the latest one again.. @Prometheus said you don't have to take over the city. You can have them set up tax to you. Left a lot of open questions.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know there was a new one! Will try to watch it, it does seem like it has opened more questions than answers indeed. but as far as the previous Q&As goes and some of his answers to people on the forum, that was the consistent thing.

• Wiki Editor

@Zori said in Adding Fast Travel Planet to Planet... Your Opinion Matters!:

you can't really siege on planets iirc.

To siege a city/town is to take control of their city.
    Demons cannot stay long in the human world, in the same sense that Humans cannot remain in the Demon world or Aboreous for long. You can't even enter arboreous if you're Evil aligned.

Evil-aligned players can enter Arboreus; they're just severely debuffed and can only remain for 30 minutes. There are "good only" zones of Arboreus (well, most of the planet) that they can't really enter.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Bumblepudding said in Adding Fast Travel Planet to Planet... Your Opinion Matters!:

I'm new here, but my experience with MMOs is that too much fast travel tends to ruin immersion. I'd make it limited and relatively special.

i think that "too much" is not a real problem here.i think that the gate is fast travel, the travel to the gate is not.
    so jumping three times up and down... be my guest. to do something you still need to walk there.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I don't think we know enough about how the game will tie together. Making travel too easy, or too hard can both have negative effects. But until we have a ( probably beta at least ), game to check it out we can't know what secondary effects adding easier travel will have.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Wika I don't think there should be such a gate in the first place. Make it into an event or a timed thing that pops randomly somewhere, like a rift. And make it trully random, as in it could be either in the middle of nowhere or could be spawned in a guild controlled city. Or just random dude's house in the wilderness.

I would say that while this would be inconvenient, it would truly make this an anticipated event, since that's the time the worlds would collide and massacres would ensue. People would wait for such a thing.

Yeah, as Ostaff mentioned, there is already a plan for gates to be only temporary, resource costly, and resource cost will depend from which planet you are traveling and to where.

However, since nothing is really set in stone, and through development some things are always possible to tweak around, we can't say that this will 100% remain this way. However we can say that most likely it will. 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured