New World Sucks + Fractured Makes a Guest Appearance!

• Content Creator

Trying to bring the people over!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I feel so bi-polar about New World because the game has a good foundation for building an amazing game. I think they should just make the game and stop catering to the digital mob. The mob will tear you in multiple directions and ultimately to pieces.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

New World currently has two fundamental mechanics I'm looking forward to seeing develop:

• Opt-in PvP (PvP will be more mission-oriented)
    • A dynamic PvE world (the Corruption will keep spreading if everyone ignores it)

I'm also interested in seeing how those two mechanics are balanced against each other. The Corruption could be strong enough, for instance, to unite everyone against it, making PvP more of a sideshow.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Heartbreaking to watch this as someone who was in the very first build of New World...had an amazing level of promise, and they butchered it.

I honestly don't think this is "too early" to judge, especially if you have been there since the very beginning, and you pick up on the trends of the people in control of the direction of the game. There is no excuse for censoring anyone...ANYONE on a forum designed for feedback when they are testing your game and trying to make it better. If you don't agree with your player base, then you can simply state it. The problem they are running into is that so MANY of the players that are testing have huge issues with the game, and they KNOW they have no argument that will explain their behavior.

The game itself is so far removed from the initial pitch, that it's not even the same game anymore. And the problems are not being addressed, instead they are either removing systems or adding new ones to confuse the issue.

The number one reason the changes they are making are driving the game into the direction it is going is because they are absolutely hyper focused on getting the most money possible. They don't care about the game, they don't care about the players that have tested for months, they don't care about the experience. They care about money, and if you post anything that could possibly cause people to leave their game before it even comes out, they will censor you.

This is what happens when the gaming industry gets taken over by people who are hired to design around greed, instead of being proud of a game that lets people enjoy a bit of escape, and also makes a decent amount of profit. They want to swindle you, they don't want long term customers.

• @OhNoCricket preach, was sad to see when the forum mods started banning people for being too critical under the excuse "we are not reverting the game"

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Im on the fence untill I play it 😄

• Content Creator

@Rugrat Don't hurt yourself on that fence!

For real though. Save your money and time.

• First post. Nekrage brought me here. Bring him a silver chalice.

• Content Creator

@He Lol I am glad to hear so!

Welcome to the a community that actually gives a damn about you! 🙂

Hi @He! You're just in time for a major test - should be starting up within a few weeks.

It'll be really interesting to see how players who have come in just since the open play test will like the cities, in comparison w players who have played in the mostly cityless environment for a while already....
    🕵️‍♀️ 🤔 🕵️‍♂️

He - during the next test, would you be willing to start a thread esp for feedback from total Fractured 'virgins'? I know I'm not the only one who would follow that thread closely.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Neckrage led me here, i was all in for NW had my Pre-Purchase, was waiting for Julys Beta i had been looking for any/everything i could find on the game, thats when i came across Neckrages videos , the issues brought up combined with how it was handled by the powers that be left a bad taste, ive since canceled my Pre-Purchase and now looking into this World... /Fingerscrossed

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Meiki said in New World Sucks + Fractured Makes a Guest Appearance!:

I wonder why everyone likes to pull the trigger so fast before the game even releases.

It's called "experience". Many game developers don't play in games, so they don't know how it will work in-game. Gamers have more experience in-game mechanics, that's why when they see any "flags" they will start a hype.

Example.
    Flag: AO has small corridors between locations - that's why you can't play solo, because of gankers.
    Solution: Fractured MMO has an open map without any corridors. Gankers will be on the roads (roads have buff) near port cities, but you always can run through a wilderness ...

Btw, I don't understand why developers can't see easy steps to fix some minor problems like gankers or full loot PVP in-game. If some players are a reason for a problem - let's give an opportunity for other players to fix this problem.

Example.
    Problem: Gankers.
    Solution: Headhunters. Just give guild leaders \ city mayors to set a bounty size for PK and we will have an awesome feature. The more bounty will be in the zone around the city - the fewer gankers will be there and more players will come to it...

P.S. Game without any risks (full loot pvp, gankers) will be just like a swamp.
    P.P.S. Sry for my eng. 😃

@Roccandil said in New World Sucks + Fractured Makes a Guest Appearance!:

New World currently has two fundamental mechanics I'm looking forward to seeing develop:

• Opt-in PvP (PvP will be more mission-oriented)
    • A dynamic PvE world (the Corruption will keep spreading if everyone ignores it)

I'm also interested in seeing how those two mechanics are balanced against each other. The Corruption could be strong enough, for instance, to unite everyone against it, making PvP more of a sideshow.

Me too, that settlement upgrade system sounds pretty interesting as well.

@Rugrat said in New World Sucks + Fractured Makes a Guest Appearance!:

Im on the fence untill I play it 😄

Same here. However, that beta test phase will show us the state of the game (when NDA is lifted) and I will make my purchase decision based on those public videos and reviews.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

The Corruption could be strong enough, for instance, to unite everyone against it, making PvP more of a sideshow.

Rift tried to do this back in 2011, it ended up not working out because invasions would take over low level quest hubs that nobody was really interested in cleaning up. New players wouldn't be able to find their quest NPC and quit.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Kriptini Agree. It was catastrophic

• Honestly, to some extend I understand the devs. In the last years, whenever a new hot MMORPG appears, there's a lot of coverage by people who are interested in making money out of this but are not interested in playing the game long term. I remember how many contradictory opinions on how to fix the game there were on Archeage's release from people who stopped playing one month in. I'd rather have a dev team with a firm picture of what they want their game to look like at launch and then try to focus on features the community wants in general (as Albion did).

@viziory said in New World Sucks + Fractured Makes a Guest Appearance!:

Example.
    Flag: AO has small corridors between locations - that's why you can't play solo, because of gankers.
    Solution: Fractured MMO has an open map without any corridors. Gankers will be on the roads (roads have buff) near port cities, but you always can run through a wilderness ...

And this is a prime example of why community solutions should be largely ignored. AO is built around the instanced maps and changing that to open world is a huge task. Decent gankers don't camp the map entry points because you see them and go back with the bubble. Instead, they either invis-gank or spread and roam the maps with fast mounts, calling their position in case they found a target. In fact, thanks to the road system, invis ganking will be more annoying in Fractured. And this is just BZ / demon planet. On RZ / human planet, the flagged people counter, paired with the small instanced maps make these zones a lot safer.
    Headhunters: think you're the leader of a big guild in Albion. Would you set out those bounties?...

@Kriptini said in New World Sucks + Fractured Makes a Guest Appearance!:

The Corruption could be strong enough, for instance, to unite everyone against it, making PvP more of a sideshow.

Rift tried to do this back in 2011, in ended up not working out because invasions would take over low level quest hubs that nobody was really interested in cleaning up. New players wouldn't be able to find their quest NPC and quit.

Sounds like the map design split the playerbase too much. While making tutorial areas exempt from Corruption would be a quick and obvious fix, I'd prefer to see zones useful to both higher and lower level players.

• Content Creator

@Vato said in New World Sucks + Fractured Makes a Guest Appearance!:

Neckrage led me here, i was all in for NW had my Pre-Purchase, was waiting for Julys Beta i had been looking for any/everything i could find on the game, thats when i came across Neckrages videos , the issues brought up combined with how it was handled by the powers that be left a bad taste, ive since canceled my Pre-Purchase and now looking into this World... /Fingerscrossed

Glad you joined us! It's a lot brighter on this side of the MMO world.

More stable. No flip flopping of the game's mechanics and a dev team that actually listens instead of silences.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Yep pretty disheartening to see such a change in direction, it had potential. But that led us to Fractured which for all accounts so far kicking ass.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured