Why we need attribute respec options.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Nekrage said in Why we need attribute respec options.:

your character when they add additional abilities with updates that scale with attributes that you have very low poin

That's actually exactly what I did this test run, I made characters as I learned the game. 1 after 3 days, another after another day, and another last night. And I've been playing about 18 hours a day since the stress test started. Still, once they add the ability to adjust your stats with more enchants, I think you can get what you want that way.

• Content Creator

@Ostaff said in Why we need attribute respec options.:

Still, once they add the ability to adjust your stats with more enchants, I think you can get what you want that way.

You would still ALWAYS be weaker than if you allocated the attributes properly AND enchanted for the additional attributes.

@Nekrage said in Why we need attribute respec options.:

uld still ALWAYS be weaker than if you allocated the attributes properly AND enchanted for th

Yes, I would be, and I think that's the point. This is a survival old school type game where everything is not just handed to you. I don't think we should ever be perfect. Like life, we will always have handicaps and we can't respect ourselves. Just train more.

Also... having to start a new character brings more life to the game and challenge.

• Content Creator

This is a survival old school type game where everything is not just handed to you.

Lol. I am the last person to ask for things to be simplified.

The current system sets players old and new up for failure. It doesn't compliment the knowledge system at all and honestly ruins what they have.

Just train more.

Not an option. Your attributes are set in stone.

hmmm.. so maybe they could add the ability to raise a stat through constant grinding of certain skills??? That would deal with your issue, as well as making it harder and time consuming to obtain and limit how much can actually be done in adjusting our stat sets?

• Content Creator

@Ostaff I was thinking maybe earn ONE attribute respec point every so much KP or something along those lines.

This way we don't have to inflate the attribute point total you have.

could add the ability to raise a stat through constant grinding of certain skills??? That would deal with your issue, as well as making it harder and time consu

Then we have two viable options for gaining stat points that the Devs could possibly use. And I would be fine with either of those two. Though I would be totally against paying for adjustments or the ability to just respect everything (even with a months delay) , cause I think that takes away from the game and not add to it. Part of the challenge is working with what you have to obtain what you want.

By the way, my first 3 days was with a mage with 6 Str and 6 CON. .. She died a whole lot, but she was fun 🙂

• Content Creator

@Ostaff I agree 100%. My preferred is no cash shop. I am understanding though if the time comes where it's either that or shutting down the servers.

I think a subscription base business would be better than a cash shop. There are still several older MMORPGS out today that use that system and are getting by quite fine. True, the don't make as much money as the Cash Shops, but they do make money. And as long as the game is kept up on new content or replayable (as I think they are going with the player cities and purely player economy though that takes a good size online player base) I think they should be fine.

No one will get character creation perfect on their first try. Its why we can make more characters and delete some if needed.

So you think it is better to delete characters and all the progression at the same time rather than offer attribute reroll? Oh my...

If the game offers attribute reroll, it is not a P2W or away from anybody. It is simply a huge QoL feature. Lets presume someone has played 6 months, unlocked a lot of different abilities, bored to play as a tank and wants to reroll for a mage. Whose butt is hurt if the game offers to this person a chance to reroll attributes so it would be reasonable to play as a mage? Whom and why?

How many players in that situation will start playing from a scratch with alt and how many will leave and find another game with much reasonable development?

@Tuoni Quite a lot actually. Especially true pen and paper people who are used to having done that many times already. In fact, the older classics never gave you the option to respec characters. You had to restart them over.

@Tuoni Quite a lot actually. Especially true pen and paper people who are used to having done that many times already. In fact, the older classics never gave you the option to respec characters. You had to restart them over.

And at least same amount will quit, and for what? Just because some pen&paper roleplayers thinks thats a nice feature and old games never had that option... right. Perhaps people should start living in the present and not in the past. When I played RuneScape in early 2000s the features felt absolutly great back then but if I examine that gameplay today I would choose something else to play, simply because the game is outdated and so much QoL features are missing. Those who are against attribute rerolls should ask of themselfs why you should care if someone wants to change attributes especially in situation where you personally have that option as well, use it or not.

• I agree that we should be able to respec from time to time, but there is a huge thread about it already:

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/10546/concerns-related-to-the-attributes?page=1

Regardless, in the end is up to how the developers themselves think about this issue. So we will see. But one thing I definitely do not want to see is a Cash Shop. Many players started backing this game because they said they would not have one. If they switch, many will leave, but I have faith that they will not go that route.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

What about an option where we can spend KP to respec points? Like we spend ~1000 kp and we can lower an attribute by 1 to gain back the value spent there and allow us to place it in other areas? The game could even continue to allow the gaining of KP at a MUCH lower rate like 1/10 or 1/20 of the amount after you reach 100% in a knowledge. I don't know if you really want suggestions but something does need to change to help those new to the game not have to suffer from poor choices made early on when the information isn't there.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I stand by my previous idea that Knowledge Points should be used to reallocate stats.

Specifically, you can refund stats at a rate of 1000 KP per each point you get for lowering the stat.

• Content Creator

@FibS I think 1000 is low but it's a step in the right direction.

The one problem would be running out of KP and having no way to obtain more.

I think when you 100% an enemy in the journal we would need to still gain KP but perhaps at a MUCH reduced rate like 20% of the normal amount per kill?

I still wonder what is wrong with just having the ability to "add to stats" instead of respecting them? I can see them having that added and still keep to their D&D ways, since that is actually in D&D.

• Content Creator

I still wonder what is wrong with just having the ability to "add to stats" instead of respecting them? I can see them having that added and still keep to their D&D ways, since that is actually in D&D.

Because then you would be getting ADDITIONAL stats which is a completely different topic. You aren't changing how you allocated your points.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured