Animations

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I searched for this topic and didn't see anything, but first impressions are so, so.

I noticed a lot of nuances with player animations, most notably running with the mage staff is awkward. Posture is off, hips don't move, the upper torso is mostly inanimate and the character is leaning forward. After I noticed that I started looking at other animations and they look to generally need improvement.

Not trying to be negative, just offering feedback.

Cheers,
    Jarmo

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Good thing animations can be improved over time!

Rather have a solid foundation first then the small stuff like animations can be ironed out over time.

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @Jarmo, all our animations are placeholders or barely more than that... and the mage staff ones are particularly bad, we know. We'll try to get at least those improved for the next testing phase 😄

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Jarmo This is an alpha after all. Simply having animations at this point is something, instead of characters that stand in nothing but a T-Pose like some other alphas that i have seen.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

It's Alpha 2 after all. The last time I tried to sign into this game (prealpha), it couldn't even connect, and most players couldn't move at all. That's how development works.

• @Xzait said in Animations:

@Jarmo This is an alpha after all. Simply having animations at this point is something, instead of characters that stand in nothing but a T-Pose like some other alphas that i have seen.

Excellent point. For the sake of playing devil's advocate, I'd also like to point out that I've been in plenty of Alpha's that ended up with issues that carried over into release that I thought would be "fixed up" by the time the game released.

Point example: One game I played in alpha, beta, and early release had limited video options for screen size. No biggie, I thought, it's alpha, they'll add more. release came, and....hmm nada. players complained, and they said that it hadn't been brought up much during the alpha/beta phase.

I've had plenty of those examples, so when I get involved in games pre-release, I tend to mention everything that I can with the caveat that it will probably be fixed prior to release...but just in case... 🙂

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I'd also like to point out that mage staves were also just implemented for this testing phase. They probably wanted to get the item out first and then smooth it out later.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured