Really Disappointed.

• I knew it was a free Alpha test, so I wasn't expecting much... However, my 1 hour in the game was frustrating and pointless. I started out messing with gathering / crafting and some PvE. That part was alright, but going any farther was a waste of time. Literally every single plot on the map is taken. I ran for 40+ minutes and did not see a single open plot of land to test any of the player housing and building mechanics. Meanwhile, all I see in chat is a bunch of kids trolling new players. People would ask where there were open plots, so trolls would suggest spots that were open - and then laugh when people got there to find all the spots taken. Fun stuff.

Why have an open Alpha test if every single plot on the map is already taken? This means no new players can even test a major part of the game. On the bright side, I'm glad I ran into the toxic community and gameplay issues before I invested any money into the game. It's just disappointing, because I thought this game had an insane amount of potential.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hello Elric!

LG
    Mata

@Elric You can't get away from toxic people. They are all around you. If you don't notice that, it's because YOU'RE the toxic one.

• If you are still looking for unclaimed land, check far NW:
    alt text
    alt text

• @Elric I can understand disappoitment about housing cuz i was derping around more than hour before i found mine and it was even before rush hours of testing. Problem lays here: some people just claim their parcel and thier realized how much work its to actually build a house so they just left or uninstalled game already.

I know that test servers will be wipe out at some point but yeah if it will stay like this more and more people like Eric will be disappointed cuz they need to run for like an hour or more to find place to build.

More staring zone mby is solution ?? Dunno

• This post is deleted!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Elric said in Really Disappointed.:

y have an open Alpha test if every single plot on the map is alrea

I don't think things need to be "fixed" as a lot is not implemented yet. There is a lot of trolling going on in chat, but there are also good people giving good advice. You just have to sift through the nonsense as usual. I hope you stick it out. It's been a lot of fun.

Sadly, with internet anonymity, the kids/trolls come out of the woodwork. Once parties/guilds are placed into the game, my hope is that you'll be able to toggle off various chats as needed and be able to make use of an /ignore function. This issue is not specific to Fractured itself, but rather MMO gaming as a whole. Play almost any MMO and you'll find a large amount of toxic people. This can be alleviated to a large extent by a robust chat interface, which we don't have at this phase of testing.

• @Razvan said in Really Disappointed.:

If you are still looking for unclaimed land, check far NW:

Thanks Razvan! I wish someone helpful like you had been around last night. 😉 Instead the new players were all told to go to the NE corner of the starting area we were in... Literally nothing available up there. I definitely wasn't interested in running an hour or two in another direction, so I just called it a night.

• @Pwnstar said in Really Disappointed.:

@Elric You can't get away from toxic people. They are all around you. If you don't notice that, it's because YOU'RE the toxic one.

Yep, thanks for proving my point Pwnstar. If you're a TF#10-Consul and this rude to new players... Enjoy your empty game.

• Community Manager

@Elric Keep in mind this is only the first continent. Once all planets and continents are in, a lot more plots will be available. 😉 As for the toxic community, that's pretty hard to deal with right now due to the fact that it's a free open test. These kind of tests have a tendency to attract trolls and even if we ban them, there's nothing stopping them from creating a new account. The community is significantly more mature during closed testing and with the game being B2P, I don't think it's going to be much of an issue on release either unless they want to throw their money away.

• Yeah, that is true I suppose. I still think the game has a lot of potential, so I'll wait until it's closer to release and give it another try. For me personally - not having access to any player-crafted buildings is a big drawback. Being able to build a house or a player city / community is one of the huge draws of this game IMO.

@Elric Why are you mad at my rank? It just means I've put time into this forum helping people. You can do the same if you put the effort in.

• @Pwnstar said in Really Disappointed.:

@Elric Why are you mad at my rank? It just means I've put time into this forum helping people. You can do the same if you put the effort in.

Just saying, if you have a rank like that - it makes it seem like you are an important part of this community. Like you said, you put the time into the forum "helping people". Then you read this post of an obviously frustrated new player, and your response is:

"You can't get away from toxic people. They are all around you. If you don't notice that, it's because YOU'RE the toxic one."

See, that to me does not strike me as something a helpful member of the community would say. That sounds like someone who posts just to cause drama, and is quite the opposite of helpful. I'd expect that kind of behavior from a troll. Not a dedicated member of a new (but growing) community.

@Elric That sounds like someone who posts just to cause drama

It's exactly this, btw the titles say nothing, just that someone is around quite a time and did foundation stuff 😉

Well actually the plots weren't all taken there lots of plots the later you get into the game the fewer plots there are that are around the starting area this just means you're forced to go exploring more. personally I went about an hour away from the spawn had fun on the way there built a house and chilled

@Elric I'm a drama queen but you're making posts about how "toxic" you think our community is? Strange.

@Elric said in Really Disappointed.:

@Pwnstar said in Really Disappointed.:

Just saying, if you have a rank like that - it makes it seem like you are an important part of this community. Like you said, you put the time into the forum "helping people". Then you read this post of an obviously frustrated new player, and your response is:

"You can't get away from toxic people. They are all around you. If you don't notice that, it's because YOU'RE the toxic one."

See, that to me does not strike me as something a helpful member of the community would say. That sounds like someone who posts just to cause drama, and is quite the opposite of helpful. I'd expect that kind of behavior from a troll. Not a dedicated member of a new (but growing) community.

Acting like the victim when your OP , started with -

The alpha test was pointless, anything past gathering and crafting was a waste of time.
    Every plot is taken (they where not), everyone in chat are a bunch of kids trolling people, the only response from the community you got in chat was trolls

literally one person had copy paste auto responses to questions because the same questions got asked over and over again ...

You question the point in the alpha test because you couldnt be bothered to look for a plot, and then how you think new players can not test most of the game (pushing your victim complex on everyone else), and finally how the only positive thing about this test/game, is that you now know we are a toxic community, and the game is full of "issues" and that you are glad to have not invested time or money in to this game.

please point out to me how your OP is not toxic?, think people are giving you pretty easy going answers considering the hostility and negativity you yourself are spewing

please tell everyone more how you are the victim in this conversation and everyone but you is toxic

woah, y'all, can we dial this back a notch? ☮

People on any online forum are able to vent with relative anonymity, often saying things to others that they'd NEVER say to their faces. That seems to me to be what's caused the unnecessary escalation of a new player's (grantedly undiplomatic) expression of frustration into personal attacks.

Hoping y'all won't train your guns on me instead when I suggest doing what many of the replies have done: find the useful feedback within the frustrated venting, and respond to that instead. Invite & model the kind of solidarity and constructive language that you hope to hear in reply if you experience frustration in-game.

If you experience toxicity, instead of replying in kind in a public way, try sending a DM to the person and tell them what you felt offended by, and why. If they can't hear that, there's a really easy way to ignore that person, or even report them.

Paz y Luz from the peaceful lands of Arboreus 😉 🖖

57ef72cf-6dc3-4bb0-849e-791250180978-image.png

@PeachMcD said in Really Disappointed.:

woah, y'all, can we dial this back a notch? ☮

People on any online forum are able to vent with relative anonymity, often saying things to others that they'd NEVER say to their faces. That seems to me to be what's caused the unnecessary escalation of a new player's (grantedly undiplomatic) expression of frustration into personal attacks.

Hoping y'all won't train your guns on me instead when I suggest doing what many of the replies have done: find the useful feedback within the frustrated venting, and respond to that instead. Invite & model the kind of solidarity and constructive language that you hope to hear in reply if you experience frustration in-game.

If you experience toxicity, instead of replying in kind in a public way, try sending a DM to the person and tell them what you felt offended by, and why. If they can't hear that, there's a really easy way to ignore that person, or even report them.

Paz y Luz from the peaceful lands of Arboreus 😉 🖖

57ef72cf-6dc3-4bb0-849e-791250180978-image.png

no offense but sometimes some people need a harsh kicking in to reality to let them reflect on there own behavior and the way they are coming across.
    not all of us are sunshine rainbows and light, I get you are good kind person that does not like conflict and wants a world of equality,.

but a few of us here are not this way, not everything is resolvable with a quick hug and move on, sometimes assholes need telling they are being assholes.

A big chunk of us wont be licking rocks with the beastmen 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured