Honest thoughts on stress test.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Thought stress test was success as intended to push server to its limits which worked rather smoothly.

Enchanting is complete and utter garbage, just randomly putting mats into enchanting table to hope its something that helps your class. Make a table that says you need 20 mushrooms for crit enchant or 20 blank for durability boost etc pretty simple fix.
    Bows can we get one skill besides poison see mages running around with 5 different ones and i have nothing. 90% of the time i was running around gathering stone and tree branches to make arrows instead of actually fighting mobs. Remove the need to craft arrows when you use bow you should have unlimited arrows. I would literally craft 1000 arrows and use them in half hour then spend 45 mins making thousand more which is insanely annoying and complete waste of gameplay time.
    Next is poison when you enchant a bow it should be on said bow till durability reaches zero and not have to constantly reapply. All bow users spend way to much time gathering mats for arrows and poison fix asap its really bad and thanks for listening. All my bow users please stand up and be heard.

• -> enchating
    Each reagent has 3 possible properties (body, fire, chaos, air etc), each with a different value. You can put up to 5 reagents to get a combination of properties which will activate an item enchant. For the first enchant level, each property has to be at level 2 (out of possible 5). The higher the enchant level, the more property value you need to enchant it. For example, if you want damage increase on weapon, you need to put up to 5 reagents which will get out these values: 2body, 2transform, 2chaos, 2 earth. One possible combination to get these would be: honeynail mushrooms (2body, 3 transform, 3 life), rabbit paw(3 chaos, 2soul, 3 energy) and woolfteeth (3body, 3destroy, 2earth). In total you will have (5body, 3transform, 3life, 3chaos, 2soul, 3energy, 3destroy, 2earth). As you can see, these 3 reagents together as enough to enchant your weapon with weapon damage tier 1. The problem is that you also have a bunch of leftover properties which activate other combinations (enchants) and you can't chose which one you want.
    The above combination might fit the requirements for both weapon damage and item durability, but you can't select which one you want so you might end up with item durability instead.
    You can find a list reagents and properties combinations in this thread: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/9927/enchanting-table-chart-alpha-2-february-open-playtest

-> bows
    Bow and spear skill are not implemented yet, but I think they will be at some time.

Regarding arrows and poison: if you kill wolves/bears/deers, you get animal bones, out of which you can craft bone arrows with the same stats as the stone ones. At this point poison doesn't work on melee weapons. I don't really mind crafting arrows and poisons, but I see your point.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Razvan Enchanting was clearly rushed into the game to say hey look new feature instead of being thought out properly and then implemented at the right time

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Nyquil44 i think the enchantment system is well thought out. Once you get it it's pretty nice. 🙂

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I like the idea of the enchanting system and yet I do feel it was somewhat rushed. Perhaps to give the previous testers the “new thing” I feel it needed tool tips for the symbols so it wasn’t such a chore to figure out the symbols and their respective properties. Having said that I enjoyed figuring it out. NEW THINGS YAY!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Pickle tooltips were implemented in a patch in the stresstest 😉

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

As a bow user and enchanter i disagree with you entirely, sorry. I don't think you got to grips with the enchanting system, it is not really how you describe. Maybe take a look at the enchanting spreadsheet another user developed?

I like reality; the game is somewhat pastoral and i like that - poisons need reapplying and we're already a little let-off-the-hook as you don't, in reality, put poison on your bow, you put it on your arrows. If you intend to be an assassin in the release version you'd build your dwelling near the correct materials and you'd have the edge on those that were not as smart as you lol. Similarly arrows, i mean come on though - arrows are literally made from things you find within arm's reach, abundantly, or things that drop 100% (bar rabbits lol) from stuff you kill.

I do agree on the bow skills though, aside (as you also point out) this was a fantastic stress test, in release i'd have been very disappointed not to learn a skill from killing with bows other than the ones already learned from hand to hand weapons. For instance, there really should be a way to stagger with bows not just poisoned blades. One idea might be to class bows (arrows) as bladed weapons. Different but not exactly untrue and achieves desired effect - ie all bladed crit skills etc work with bows. Better to make stagger shot, quick shot, etc. Actually it was more like a pin or snare wasn't it? Heh, anyways. Pleased to meet ya, sorry to disagree 😉 👍

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Shivashanti well that’s what I get for having to abandon fun times and get back to work. Sigh.

• I found enchanting to be ok, though at the start it was just memorisation since the symbols didn't say what they represent, now that is much easier but could still be improved upon by actually higlighting the items in your backpack or something. Things would still get a bit more complicated when you try to make one specific enchant and with certain reagents you can overlap and get multiple possible enchants. Increased damage is for melee only or the text is incorrect and I couldn't put 7 enchants on Spider Silk robe (didn't try other chest pieces that don't have any inherent "enchants").

I don't like it if you have to rely on 3rd party resources (websites or apps) because that just takes you out of the game, and if that happens it means that the game is doing a poor job explaining/presenting its elements to the player.

As for the bow:
    I did miss skills and it was just autoattack 99% of the time because most of the mobs are immune or have had high poison resistance. Stacking arrows, I don't really see why this needs to be limited to just 1000 considering I used more than 200 arrows for solo killing a lich spider. And I would just rather spend more time killing than gathering stuff every 5-10 minutes - just imagine how inconvenient it will be if they ever make dungeons/world bosses and you run out of arrows, afterall they do have some weight and not everyone will put points into strength to increase carrying capacity. Granted I did get around this by using a bug to get arrows faster - you needed 1 full stack of teeth & branches, and then it was enough to just get 1 tooth & 1 branch to make 1 stack of arrows and still be left with 1 full stack of teeth & branches.

• Wiki Editor

I found enchanting good... I mean I am one of the users who made a excel sheet for it (shameless plug https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UkAU9BUR5CEG7edgzvIhkZx35LS0h1UMAB_9TBBxYq8/edit?usp=sharing) but saying it does a poor job explaining... maybe only enchanting tiers... Tier one you need 2pt each slot, tier 2~ 5 points each slot, tier 3 ~ 10 points. Meaning the rare resources that will have 8+ points for tier 3 enchanting. a little wheel was there to display that...but could use a quick tutorial.

As for hand holding you though it by making it easier....10 mushrooms... no thanks. I'd rather go fight a hard monster for rare resources to later used for crafting or enchanting.

For bow:
    Attack skills-
    Poisoning Stike, Word of Power Stun, Word of power Kill

CC-
    Net Trap,

support-
    Absord, Enrage, Warcry, Inspire,Protection from Fire, Mage armor,

Totem of wildfire

all skills you can use with a bow.

for crafting poison. I lived in a prime poison plant spot. I had about 20 bushes around my house to make the best poison over and over...never had a problem- just did some planning before hand.

for arrows. I just pick up rocks none-stop and pick branches. Bones were easy to supply when I fought things that gave bones.
    But I got board of bow since it's really only used for kitting non-stop and with Absord and Mage Armor you just never die. so you sat there auto attacking till the enemy was dead.

What would I change? Long cooldown slows (1min cd for 4-5sec slows), Traps to give them more of a ranger feel, Track skill (would seek out anything within 300-400 meters) ~ but I would stay away from giving rangers giant or good DPS, Namely because ranger DPS vs Melee dps should never be a question. Not saying a ranger can't kill a fighter- just that a ranger should kite to get a kill...not be able to stand there for 10 secs mowing someone down.

• Wiki Editor

@Nyquil44 said in Honest thoughts on stress test.:

Thought stress test was success as intended to push server to its limits which worked rather smoothly.

Indeed it was a success, the News tell you how good it was 😉

Enchanting is complete and utter garbage, just randomly putting mats into enchanting table to hope its something that helps your class.

Uhm... no, it is a very helpful crafting possibility.
    And it is not even random. You can very good combine to get exact the enchants you want and apply them all.
    I guess you should take a more detailled look to the enchanting next test 🙂

Make a table that says you need 20 mushrooms for crit enchant or 20 blank for durability boost etc pretty simple fix.

By all Gods, please no! That would be the most boring crafting for Enchantments ever.

Bows can we get one skill besides poison see mages running around with 5 different ones and i have nothing. 90% of the time i was running around gathering stone and tree branches to make arrows instead of actually fighting mobs.

I am very very sure you will be able to play a cool Hunter with much Skill possibilities, you just need to find the right ones.
    We Arcanists don't have 5 Skills, while you just have 1, for sure. It probably just feels for you as if it would be like this.
    Also never forget, we are in Alpha, that means much Balancing will happen in future.

Remove the need to craft arrows when you use bow you should have unlimited arrows. I would literally craft 1000 arrows and use them in half hour then spend 45 mins making thousand more which is insanely annoying and complete waste of gameplay time.

Uhm, unlimited arrows? How you will create a kind of economy, if you making just all things unlimited?
    Probably a topic of Balancing, but would makes no sense to get Arrows out of the nowhere.

Next is poison when you enchant a bow it should be on said bow till durability reaches zero and not have to constantly reapply. All bow users spend way to much time gathering mats for arrows and poison fix asap its really bad and thanks for listening. All my bow users please stand up and be heard.

Somehow i do not really understand, what you demand here.
    You mean, poison should apply to the bow as long the bow is not broken?
    Beside some demanded infinite use of an very possible valueable trade good, it makes no sense to poison a Bow, since you don't throw it to your enemy, but the arrow 😉

@Nyquil44 said in Honest thoughts on stress test.:

@Razvan Enchanting was clearly rushed into the game to say hey look new feature instead of being thought out properly and then implemented at the right time

@Pickle said in Honest thoughts on stress test.:

I like the idea of the enchanting system and yet I do feel it was somewhat rushed. Perhaps to give the previous testers the “new thing” I feel it needed tool tips for the symbols so it wasn’t such a chore to figure out the symbols and their respective properties. Having said that I enjoyed figuring it out. NEW THINGS YAY!

For sure it wasn't implemented to give old players something new.
    It was implemented to get tested.
    It wasn't rushed, because it is in the test exactly at the right time. It will be a corefeature of the game, so it has to get tested as early as possible, even with bugs.
    But what i can say, it had not that much bugs.
    It is litterally a well implemented feature, that works quite good from start.
    And it is of course well thought through.
    Once you get in it, it is almost intiutive. Find the right rare stuff and combine it for your sake.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured