Some suggestions

• Here are my suggestions, after some thought given to them:

Allow an Official API
    If we have a official api, then it could lead to development of discord bots where most of the community does chat. This bots could help in showing the following information:

1. Kill/death information of a player. When a player dies, show the items he was carrying, his gear, and some stuff like how much damage dealt to the player. Idk i havent played this game yet so if you lose anything else you can show that too.
    2. Prices of items in various places. This could help those doing economic stuff and lead to wiser and informed decisions by the players.
    3. Alliance/Guild Info. Stuff like how large the guild is, what guilds are there in a alliance, what are the names of the players in the guilds, stats about the guilds if there are any in the game
    4. Stats of Guild vs Guild fights. Name of the players, name of the guilds, the number of deaths in each side, the gears lost.
    5. Top guilds. By towns, pks, player size, total player abilities, influence(idk i havent really purchased the game yet). Same for alliances
    6. If the game has any events, then the name of the guilds and players who are the toppers of the events. Also find the rank of a player/guild in the event
      Also provide Icons for ingame items so that we botters can embed the images in the discord message

Allow a Linux Port
    Since this game is being made with Unity, and since there is already a Mac port if I'm not wrong, please allow a Linux port too. We linux people love good games, and people will be totally ready to try out this superb game. We just need a port so that we can play it without going through the hassles of wine and stuff like Proton. Plus this will mean more user base and more players, so thats a win win.

Thats all for now, if I think of some more ideas I'll tell them here, thnx for making such a great game.

• game API - way too early to ask for this. We should have it on release tho.
    playing on Linux - https://seegras.discordia.ch/Blog/windows-unity-games-on-linux/

• I dont want a hack, it could be better that linux users get official support if possible. After all, if there is ready fanbase and linux users are let down that there is no port yet, a hack will be just a bummer.
    Remember as there are windows noobs, so are there linux noobs and they couldnt be able to find or understand some of the methods stated in the process mentioned in the link, even though it is very informative.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

From the FAQ:

1b84920e-70e6-41c7-9960-be4f9df9ffb4-image.png

I prefer no bots of any kind. Even helpful ones.

I would prefer game in old school way where you have to gain intelligence on your own, carry it in your brain, manually share with others through chat if you wish.

Players knowledge = power. No automatization, no bots, none of that modern hand-holding stuff please.

Just a personal preference, you may agree with it or not. 🙂

• Wiki Editor

@Gothix i agree with you in all points, but not every API is a bad one. 😉

In my opinion once the game is ready, there could be some space for thinking about possible API access. I am thinking here mostly about social features. That can be some online indicator per example. But as said, too early to think about.
    For sure i don't want to see the features @Woniken requested for the API, except the price one (2.) ... but again, nothing to talk about, before we don't know anything about how trading will work and which tools we get ingame in our hands.

As for the Linux Port... there is no need for, because it will work in Linux.

Sometimes i am really ask myself, why people are so less interested into the few important informations on the Game Page, like the FAQ and Design-Journals. 😉

problem with linux is the amount of effort for the amount of players. it's like getting .01% interest in your savings account with less than 500 in it.

• bro look at albion only. it has linux support and i found many linux users playing it. sure the numbers for windows wont match that of linux but that doesnt mean you shouldnt allow it. Many modern games support linux, just check Steam store. Linux will be considerable choice in the coming years.

Also about the API i think we should have it, even if there is something more than just prices. It will help in creating communities around bots and guilds more better.

@Woniken can you give me just one good example of using a bot for item values for loot at certain places beside to not have to go out in the wilderness and actually exploring the game?

• @Shivashanti People will have bots to check the market prices. Having a single centralised source which interrogates the db a few times a day generates a lot less unwanted traffic than a bunch of discord channel having their own bots.
    If town bots are illegal and the market prices can't be checked via website, then there will be a discord group where people can pricecheck.
    Either way, people will use this kind of resources and you only put yourself in disadvantage by refusing to do the same.

@Razvan i have nothing against a bunch of people doing that by hand, but i think this bot-mania just sucks. People are just too lazy nowadays 😛

@Woniken said in Some suggestions:

bro look at albion only. it has linux support and i found many linux users playing it. sure the numbers for windows wont match that of linux but that doesnt mean you shouldnt allow it. Many modern games support linux, just check Steam store. Linux will be considerable choice in the coming years.

the problem is DS is a small studio. they need to target the highest population for the least price. linux isn't in that group even if most of those users are in the IT field.

Also about the API i think we should have it, even if there is something more than just prices. It will help in creating communities around bots and guilds more better.

i'd prefer each city have their own API for prices so that websites can pull it and create a central market. the person still has to venture to a location to get the goods (unless there's some type of trade profession that has limited remote access).

but i do agree that either a website or multiple discord bots will be created for trading. it happened to PoE even though it has an api that sites can pull from, you still have to PM the person, get invited, visit their house and trade the goods.

• @Jetah
    API means this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface
    In this context they let you connect to the server and request some data (for example the price list of all items from a certain market). You can do whatever you wish with that data. This is an example: https://apidocs.camelotunchained.com/?version=latest

@Razvan

i know what an api is.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured