to the developers

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hello, developers

It's nice that you're working on a new MMO. However, before even looking into the details of your game, I could tell you were using Unity. The 3d assets you're showcasing are either prepackaged with Unity or are being sold for cheap on the Unity marketplace. There's also another MMO named Legends of Aria that looks (almost) exactly like your showcased images, but that project is failing to deliver their basic promises because Unity is a lackluster game engine. Although you may disagree with my previous statement -- can you point out a thriving MMO that utilizes Unity? And do you believe your project will succeed when it's difficult to differentiate your game from Legends of Aria? You're also marketing Fractured on the same premise as Legends of Aria -- as a sandbox MMO. I've never heard of your company as a developer/publisher, but you supposedly employ only 9 people at this time. How could you possibly deliver a unique game -- while having less resources than a competitor company -- and still utilizing an engine that causes terrible lag when loading 3d assets?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Well you are a ray of sunshine ☺

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Yitra
    It's great to have faith in new developers -- because we're all starving/thirst for a competent MMO to call home. I just have a strong suspicion that this game will stagnate around launch because Unity obstructs creativity.

@keshanberk Noby can give you faith, else it wouldn't be called faith, wouldn't it?

But on a serious note, I was referring to your tone of voice, which made me wonder why you even bother to post. But that might just be me

After all, you get more results with sweet than sour.

Hope you get the answers you seek, back to testing 😆

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Yitra
    Let me ask you: would it be ethical to not point out the snowballing issues that stem from Unity? To not point out that Fractured looks exactly like Legends of Aria? To overlook that Legends of Aria is failing with 3x the development power over the SAME engine as Fractured?

I would agree with you regarding sweet and sour, but the Kickstarter packages for this game range from 25 euros to 5000 euros. To get a basic taste of Fractured, it costs 25 euros -- when a decade ago, it was standard for alpha and beta to be a free testing ground for players to help the developer fix bugs.

Technically you're paying a fee to be the Quality Assurance role.

@Yitra you felt it to the excitement of reading a new post and the just a stab to the heart by the end of it

Hopefully you get those answers but there are alot of messages going thru right now

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Personally im happy with the graphics, however im not playing this game for the graphics. I cant wait to get stuck into this game for its ideas, The governor roles, townships, shops, crafters, merchants, spells, weapons, builds, knowledge. The ideas from the developers so far seem revolutionary of how, we the players, can react with the world around us. Personally I couldn't care less if they used Unity or not.

@keshanberk said in to the developers:

I've never heard of your company

That's ok. They've never heard of you either. 😉

• Wiki Editor

@Gothix i asume he is a Pro and he knows about what he is talking about.
    But i also guess he did not dived into the vision they have... even as a small not known Studio, they can do great things if they are able to bring all their ideas to the game.
    I don't really get the Unity thing, as i was reading about the possibilities of Unity, it is perfect for Isometric games. There are not much Engines out there, that are usable for small studios.

Or other said: The best Paperbook is nothing worth if the writer is a bad one, but the best author can even write a heroic poem on a toilet paper. 😉

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Yeah, I'm also here for the vision of the devs. I've played Aria, and you're right, it sucks. This game, in its alpha state, is SOOOO much better. I recently downloaded Aria again, as I played back in beta, and I was still, disappointed, and uninstalled it.

Although we are only in Alpha, this game has a lot of offer. Not much to do atm, but it's smooth. I'm very interested in what they have planned.

So, although you have not heard from a dev yet, you've heard from several players that are, atm, testing this game out and having a good time, despite some bugs.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Personally I like to think a lot of these assets are placeholders while they focus on laying the groundwork for the game.

@keshanberk I am really not sure what the point of this post is. Did you expect the Devs to read this and say 'aw dang it man this person is correct and our game sucks. Lets just quit now to avoid further embarrassment'? If you don't like the game engine, graphics or alleged similarity to other games then don't support it or play it. This community is made up of experienced gamers who are intensely looking forward to participating in the Dev's vision. If you are not then just move on. Bye.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hi and welcome. 🙂

Regarding the difference between two games, one plays almost exactly like Ultima, the other is not. Character advancement is completely different-in Ultima-like games your power depends on how much time you're willing to put into your character. Here, in Fractured, it's more horizontal progression-while you do craft better gear, as you invest more time and resources into it, your character's power, mostly, depends on currently equipped abilities, which you're limited of. You can learn as much as you like, but use only limited amount, at the same time. So player who only starts the game may have a chance against long time veteran.

Player interaction is completely different too. You get your standard human world, where everything is the same as Ultima-like worlds, but then you get beastmen's world, where all beastmen are allies and no pvp is allowed among them, and you get demons homeworld, where all-out pvp reigns.

And, since this game is partnered with SpatialOS, none of the worlds is going to run out of space for players to build their stuff.

So those are three main differences why Fractured is different from the majority of sandbox MMO's out there. I'd love to hear exactly what the problem developers of Legends of Aria are facing, due to Unity engine. Do you know anything about it?

There have been alot of games made with Unity that have done quite well. I play one all the time called Battletech and it runs fine even on my old rig.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

So basically you compare one game from unity with fractured but not all games using this game engine to support ur argument?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@OwlsaneGaming said in to the developers:

So basically you compare one game from unity with fractured but not all games using this game engine to support ur argument?

Well, to be fair, MMO's are not your typical games.

first i've heard of the Legends of Aria and it doesn't have the same core personality that Fractured has.

LoA looks more like a dark souls inspired game, which Fractured isn't.

it could be possible that DS (company behind Fractured) is selling assets they create to generate more revenue, if they are then i don't have a problem with it. that's pretty innovative, imo.

I first heard of the Aria now as well, went on their forums to check them out, and I immediately found bunch of posts by their players who are totally disappointed with that game and it's mechanics. It was obvious instantly that that game is a fail.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Jetah

...It's supposed to be Ultima clone...

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured