So, just today's feedback - good and bad

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Pros - Graphics are good - I've had zero lag - easy to pick back up and learn the new stuff since last alpha test

Cons - For the love of all that's holy, the house building is terribad! Last alpha, eh, I lived with it but I've come to realize that building a house sucks and takes forever. Maybe a lot of people like that kind of thing, I'm not one of them. I get it, the sense of accomplishment, etc. but there's a limit to that. Walking for hours at a snails pace just plain sucks. No carts, no speedy way to get mats, waiting on respawn so you don't have to walk for 2 minutes straight back and forth each....damn...log...
    Then, the bears and black wolves, big spiders - Why do they have a gazillion HP's? I get it that they hurt bad when they hit, but 140 arrows or so to kill a bear/wolf, etc. is no fun really. If I hit a bear in real life with 140 arrows, I'd turn it into a porcupine.

OK, that's it, still love the game though 🙂

I've heard that the rocks from which you get cut stone are supposed to drop more than one, which would help! 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Roccandil said in So, just today's feedback - good and bad:

I've heard that the rocks from which you get cut stone are supposed to drop more than one, which would help! 🙂

They're not. There's large rock node and you gather it with hammer. Usually, there are several large rock nodes clustered together, but each gives one rock block.

And finding ruins to claim your land is a population issue. Honestly, I'd rather players were able to place their houses wherever they please... Provided, they'd be willing to face the consequences.

@deusex2 said in So, just today's feedback - good and bad:

@Roccandil said in So, just today's feedback - good and bad:

They're not. There's large rock node and you gather it with hammer. Usually, there are several large rock nodes clustered together, but each gives one rock block.

Right, but I heard that's a bug, and that they're supposed to be more like trees, which drop multiple logs when you cut them down. So each node should drop multiple blocks when you hit it with a hammer.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Well, it would make things easier... I do hope the devs are planning some transportaion for materials, though.

And while we're talking about feedback... Anybody tried using magic?

Is that just me, or is it kinda lacking? I've tried two characters-one with maxed physical stats, the other with maxed mental stats. Aside from hp, stamina and mana points, I didn't noticed any significant difference. Same cooldowns, same damage and I don't know about saves against spells, but stats didn't seem like were affecting those. It worked on weak mobs regardless of stats and it failed against strong mobs, regaress of character stats.

Too bad there's no combat log currently present.

• Wiki Editor

Yes, the stone block amount should be higher, and they still said, it will be changed in future.
    As for "No carts, no speedy way to get mats,..." This is just not implemented yet, but they will be there later, because such features are planned.
    In some Screenshots and Trailer you still see the cart somewhere.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Neither building efficiency nor combat were the main focus of this Alpha test, so I wouldn't expect them to be amazing for an early beta.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Kralith said in So, just today's feedback - good and bad:

Yes, the stone block amount should be higher, and they still said, it will be changed in future.
    As for "No carts, no speedy way to get mats,..." This is just not implemented yet, but they will be there later, because such features are planned.
    In some Screenshots and Trailer you still see the cart somewhere.

And I believe the lot of us that are playing now will get a cart at launch. Only have to but into Artisan to get the mule with wagon 🙂

I upgraded when they put the packs on sale to get a cart and mule after I saw alot of complaints from the last alpha lol.

I believe hard mobs (with high HP) are added for testing purposes.

I agree that normal bears shouldn't be that hard (but the game doesn't have all the monsters enabled yet), so some of the "normal mobs" got the high powered mean while.

In future it's possible that regular bears will be just normal mobs, and hard monsters will exist that will be (logically) difficult to kill.

Honestly I would count all current mobs as "normal" mobs, since you can easily kill them. At least bears, the black spiders and the black wolfs are easily soloable.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

If combat wasn't the focus, then the devs wouldn't introduce new spells for us to toy around with.

As for all mobs being soloable-true, but when you compare regular wolf with black wolf, the former instanly dies to Power Word Kill(1050 damage), while the later resists it for no effect, at all. Nor does poison does anything to it, since it resists it.

Also, poison is laughably weak-25 damage per tick. You do more damage with fists.

Same for magic missle-gets rooted thanks to long animation, sends couple charges, 60-80 damage each...More damage can be delt with fists.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@deusex2 hmmmm I’m able to run as magic missle continues casting after it’s proced, but I don’t know if that’s intended or not.

They still aren’t hard to kill if you try out other combinations of skills. When soloing as a mage type control spells like webs or ice that slow or keep them away from you are really important.

Edit: and remember, fireball is always your friend. I haven’t seen any resistant to it yet

I had some nice PvP combat time with Sidd, and all worked nicely with 2 things:

Not all spells work for me, fireball, ice shards, mage armor, cobweb and heal work... rest spells not, i spam keybinds and nothing is happening.

Ocassional Lagginess is an issue, spells wont activate, or when they do player you are targetting appears on another side of you and your spell missfires in wrong direction. 😉 Not sure if this is just me and my crap internet though. 🙂

Oh yes, you can fire 2 (CD enabled) spells in a row if you spam your keybind just before spell fires off (it still uses double mana, but you manage to fire off 2 spells before CD activates).

2 fireballs in a row FTW. 😉

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Plume said in So, just today's feedback - good and bad:

@deusex2 hmmmm I’m able to run as magic missle continues casting after it’s proced, but I don’t know if that’s intended or not.

They still aren’t hard to kill if you try out other combinations of skills. When soloing as a mage type control spells like webs or ice that slow or keep them away from you are really important.

Edit: and remember, fireball is always your friend. I haven’t seen any resistant to it yet

Not saying being mage is hard, just nowhere near as efficient as melee or ranged.

The one thing I disagree on is the house bit. I love the time commitment and really hope it doesnt get dumbed down. It will get easier with the introduction of carts, but I want it to be a time commitment. Dont want to do it, dont build it. I'm sure the game will introduce ways for adventurers to utilize others storage or resting and what not. Yeah it took me several hours to build mine, and it was frustrating at times, but it felt really good to finish. A feeling that wouldn't be there if it took 1/2 the time.

• I'm glad you guys can build houses. I can't get the stone blocks to do anything but stick to my hands. Have not been able to place a single one and keep having to log off and on again to remove stuck blocks from my hands. When I use tab to change weapons the bow and axe are fine the the spear image dissapears. It's still there because hit points register but the graphic is gone until I switch it out and back in again. Still this is what testing is about.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I personally like the fact it takes alot of effort to build a house... It separates the men from the boys

• @Peter Agree. Building a house is onetime task, so it can be long time process

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured