Unique mounts

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Esher

you realize that recipes are blueprints for chefs?

@Jetah said in Unique mounts:

@Esher

you realize that recipes are blueprints for chefs?

They are different things
    https://wikidiff.com/blueprint/recipe

@Xzoviac

a plan or procedure to obtain a given end result

could be a recipe or blueprint.

you follow a blueprint to build a house, you've just followed a procedure or plan to get it.
    you follow a recipe to make taco sauce, you've followed a procedure or plan to get it.

that website was trying to make blueprints seem smart but really they're just similar.

idea nice yes

@Xzoviac

a plan or procedure to obtain a given end result

could be a recipe or blueprint.

you follow a blueprint to build a house, you've just followed a procedure or plan to get it.
    you follow a recipe to make taco sauce, you've followed a procedure or plan to get it.

that website was trying to make blueprints seem smart but really they're just similar.

They are different words for a reason, recipe is a group of ingredients put together to make something new, be it food medications whatever

A Blueprint is a plan or a layout, normally to create a house non living vehicle, or multilayered plan like a heist

I get it they are similar, but they are not the same thing, you do not use blueprints to create living creatures.

You generally dont even use a recipe to create living creatures unless using alchemy (if you have watched full metal alchemist you will know how tricky this is)

A demonic shamanic or warlock spell may summon a creature demon, element so on, and require a recipe, you would likely refer to this process as a summoning Spell (because it requires magic)

The only time a recipe would be used to create LIVING creatures is likely in alchemy

At no point ever in any fantasy I know of is the word blueprint used by mortals to create life (a living breathing mount)

Possibly a God would use a blueprint to design the first life they create, even then that activity would be considered Divine magic,
    You would not have been created from the blueprints you would have been DESIGNED
    The Divine magic will have created you

Blueprint is just not the right word for creating Life, and is why I said steampunk machines could be made this way ....

Hope I'm breaking threw to you lol

@Xzoviac

i'm sorry but your link doesn't specify 'food' for a recipe. they say "a plan or procedure to obtain a given end result". again nothing about food.

a blueprint for food, consist of 1 or more items, when combined, produce a specific result. no different than building anything else.

you're a detailed person and you see each blade of grass despite being inside a forest but you'll still argue it's a lawn.

their foundation is the same and the result is the same.

@Xzoviac

i'm sorry but your link doesn't specify 'food' for a recipe. they say "a plan or procedure to obtain a given end result". again nothing about food.

a blueprint for food, consist of 1 or more items, when combined, produce a specific result. no different than building anything else.

you're a detailed person and you see each blade of grass despite being inside a forest but you'll still argue it's a lawn.

their foundation is the same and the result is the same.

I wouldn't argue it's a lawn a lawn is in front of a house, or back, I may call it a field providing it is in a open area, but If not I would likely argue it's just the Forrest floor.

In short a blueprint is something used to design something

A recipe is a combination of individual items to create something new

Their foundation is different it's my whole point lol

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah I would join Xzoviac opinion. From what I see, blueprints are only used for buildings or any constructions (like we could use them for robots and else). Recipe, yes, it says "By extension, a plan or procedure to obtain a given end result", that's a bit the same as a blueprint, as a blueprint is litterally a plan, but do you use a blueprint to do a sauce (so, everything drawn on a paper) ? Do you use a recipe to build a house (2000 bricks, add a spoon of cement,...) ? You don't use a blueprint for living creatures, or you will looks like Frankenstein trying to build his creature.
    And why did you bring the idea of recipe, btw ? When I talk about blueprints, I was more talking about a kind of mechanical device, maybe, or a structure with things inside, not necessarily a special dishes ^^

Ahh well the coolest mounts as if right now ate still owned by the highest payers they have dragons undead cockatrice gryphons etc which makes sense

• TF#10 - CONSUL

We ll see ma dude

there most definitely will be im already planning to flaunt on you peoples lololol

• Neverwinter Nights had the craziest mounts, but beautiful ones too. I like that they also had different "perks." Stags, Cats, Snails, etc. Very cool.

Unique mounts and gear in general would be awesome, if it could be balanced. Perhaps they could be owned on a timer, after which they would disappear into the world, where they could be found again?

At the very least, the relics sound unique! 🙂

I prefer mounts to only be cosmetic. Otherwise you risk over balanced systems. The more sources of stats for combat the more of a problem for the devs to keep the game fun for everyone. Yes life isn't fair, but this is a game, not real life, and people expect things to be somewhat on an even playing field.

@Farlander said in Unique mounts:

I prefer mounts to only be cosmetic. Otherwise you risk over balanced systems. The more sources of stats for combat the more of a problem for the devs to keep the game fun for everyone. Yes life isn't fair, but this is a game, not real life, and people expect things to be somewhat on an even playing field.

you dont want mounts to pull carts? or move faster than running? just a cosmetic bystander that follows you around and does nothing but look pretty!?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Farlander Sure, mounts who add stats to the character for combats or else are not a good idea, but, as Jetah say, some could be more faster to carry things, or allow you to carry more things, maybe last longer without water or food (I don't know if you need to feed and hydrate your mount when you travel,...). You can have little pet who follow you everywhere, yes, it's cute, but it,s not really helpful x)

@Esher

maybe we could chose your mount based on your location. i doubt you'd take a tropical mount into the desert! you wouldn't take a desert mount into harsh winter climate.

then it allow DS to introduce some client specific breeds. elephant species 1 in desert/plains area, while another species could be for tropical. horses could be the same.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah Yep, but what if you need to travel different biomes ? Will you have to bring two different mounts ? (speaking about the one that pull your cart). But I agree with you, better to have a mount that fit with the environnement, or maybe we can take another mount, but it will have a malus of movement, per example, or something like that, while the good one will have a bonus because used of the environnement.
    Edit : but now I think of it, it would be unfair if we gain movement bonus ^^

I think you misunderstood my post. When I said I want them to be purely cosmetic in differences I meant for them to still be mounts..not a pet to follow me around. To be correct semantically they would also not pull carts. A mount is something you ride. I personally have also never liked games in which I had to eat and drink to survive. To be clear I also don't want to have to go to the bathroom. You'd be surprised how many alphas I have been apart of that players actually asked for that much realism. I'd rather food only be a combat buff if it is included. I'd rather it not because any kind of buffs make balance issues in pvp.

@Esher

you'd have to get a mount in the new area assuming your first mount makes it there.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured