Unique mounts

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I hope there will be rare legendary creatures we can turn in to mounts, maybe even single legendary mounts only one person can find, but if it's not fed or ridden in say 3 months it escapes for someone else to find and catch

It is likely that there will be limited mounts that will be issued ha events, but that's just our thoughts. Since we obviously don't want to see the limited edition mounts Donat. Donat have to be just a special - purely for the money. A unique in turn tedious to achieve or deserve for their work.

generally speaking the best mounts, visually, are from the store. while the dropped mounts are just reskins of game creatures.

but it would be neat knowing, or not, a legendary mount that only 1 person on the server can have.

I can definitely see rare and legendary things in game (cosmetic wise), but not stat wise.

@Gothix

legendary doesn't mean "most powerful". it just has more history than other things.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Jetah I would definitely enjoy unique mounts that aren't available later on, creating unique or rare items in the game. As a collector in most of the games I play, I feel it's valuable to my sense of fun to have rare items that can't be acquired anymore.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Xzoviac The only problem is that, if you play this game at least one time per weeks and do everytime what you say, nobody will have the possibility to catch it anymore ^^ maybe reducing the amount of time it has to be ridden or fed, or maybe add a bit more of this legendary creatures. I think it could be a good idea, with the possibility for others to have it if the last owner don't pay attention, or things like that.

@Esher yeah just not to many if everyone has a super rare unicorn for example that there is only suppose to be 10 left (Making up lore)
    Then it ruins some of the feel of the lord imo,
    A unique red fire unicorn could basically be the same as a normal non rare version but a glow and tint, but the lore and rarity make it cool (and extra little effects)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Probably not. I know your post is just an example but why would anyone neglect such a unique mount and let it go out of their possession like that?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I am all for unique and highly uncommon, even if it is only visual. I have always loved feeling as though I had something that others do not. I do not care how hard of a challenge it is to get it, the more difficult, the better in my opinion. What is important to me, is that there is that chance to get it, and a goal to achieve. One of the things that makes me spend time in a game is those things that give such a feeling of excitement and "no way, I finally got that?!" Whether it is merely cosmetic, or a slight boost to the character I play. I LOVE pretty and sparkly things!

@Belligero

people get bored, new games come out, people get married, some have kids. there are many reasons why someone would stop playing a game.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Xzoviac Sure, not too many, but at least some, just enough for the creature to have children ^^ or maybe they're immortal, so they don't have to.

Unique items are a merchants most sought after items. I always loved when a game incorporates anniversary items. Hold onto them for awhile and then the price skyrockets lol.

@Farlander
    if we had blueprints then it could work with limited run prints. ie a seasonal blueprint could have 25 runs. have a quest or mob or something that rewards the print so that it isn't just given to everyone. the player could sell the print or the items.

@Jetah said in Unique mounts:

@Farlander
    if we had blueprints then it could work with limited run prints. ie a seasonal blueprint could have 25 runs. have a quest or mob or something that rewards the print so that it isn't just given to everyone. the player could sell the print or the items.

I think blueprints of mounts would be weird unless they are steampunk tanks or something actually craftable but legendary items that can be created but limited would be cool

@Xzoviac

the game has magic and you're concerned about crafting a mount... recipes are also blueprints. it could be a blueprint but you have to breed the mount, husbandry, i think is the word for it.

SWG had single run prints. They created a nice system with the market. They dropped from mobs so the combat players found them then sold the blueprint to a crafter.

@Jetah said in Unique mounts:

@Xzoviac

the game has magic and you're concerned about crafting a mount... recipes are also blueprints. it could be a blueprint but you have to breed the mount, husbandry, i think is the word for it.

If something is magically created it either needs to be summoned or needs to be a golum summoned creatures surely consume mana or disappear, just because a world has magic does not mean it shouldn't have rules

Instead of blueprints if they where summoning scrolls that bring the mount, that would be fine

blueprints should not be for living creatures

@Xzoviac

blueprint could be a static set of breeding paths. even necromancy could use blueprints to put parts of items together to build it.

summoned creatures could have a mana/resource reserve, similar to Path of Exile. You'd be limited to how many you could summon based on how much the reserve is.

on a side note:
    I loved getting the materials to summon my Warlocks Dreadsteed mount in WoW!
    needing to get materials for parts to assemble, then needing to enchant those items then going to a dungeon to summon the mount then needing to kill it to 'tame' it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I would go more for a summoning scroll too, for living creatures. It can be blueprints for all mechanical creatures or "half-living", like golems (if they are ig ^^ ). Or it can be a kind of blueprint, where you have to gather different ressources to create something that will attract the creature to you, not to "build" her. Even if it could be a bit strange if you want to attract a creature that lives kilometers away, but anyway, magic happen 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured