Crafted Items / Unidentified Items

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah said in Crafted Items / Unidentified Items:

@MeninoDeOuro
    every piece of clothing you buy has a manufacturer on it. our crafted stuff should have it too! (i can understand your point though)

It is nice knowing <player> made it when you need a new one.

I remember this on Archeage cause some take pride in making a gear very powerful and selling it. I personally think Fractured's gear matters much much less as gear are crafted and lost and crafted again. Especially because there isn't an upgrade system in Fractured's gear. If they waste their time on something like "who made this", they might as well give me the option to overwrite the name when I loot the body. I mean come on, realistically I can scribble that name out and weave in my own right?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@chrightt
    they'll have to have a small tier system of gear. otherwise what's the point of their pve raids. Tiers could exist, however, they don't have to be excessive in power. the difference between the rare and basic could be 15% (example). basic 0%, common 5%, uncommon 10%, rare 15%.

without some type of gear progression they game will become stale, to an extent. Even Eve Online has better gear through PvE and research. Their PvE has a few tiers.

they'll have to have a small tier system of gear. otherwise what's the point of their pve raids. Tiers could exist, however, they don't have to be excessive in power. the difference between the rare and basic could be 15% (example). basic 0%, common 5%, uncommon 10%, rare 15%.

They already said gears won´t have a tier system...

What do you even mean with pve raids? Labyrinth? They just need to make a rare material be able to be obtained from there and problem solved... Or make it a need to go there for some skills... Or something else...

Fractured opens up a lot of other reasons, which are not obtaining better gear, to go into a dungeon / raid / whatever.

@Eurav
    and what thing special will that raid crafting material provide if it doesn't provide better stats?

I'm just seeing many players getting to a point of being bored without a [small] gear grind. Sure we'll lose gear but there should be something that's better than what everyone is wearing which should be crafted, imo.

• @Jetah said in Crafted Items / Unidentified Items:

and what thing special will that raid crafting material provide if it doesn't provide better stats?

Raids aren't confirmed and aren't likely, and rare materials can be used to make rare items. Rare items don't need to be statistically better, just different.

I'm just seeing many players getting to a point of being bored without a [small] gear grind. Sure we'll lose gear but there should be something that's better than what everyone is wearing which should be crafted, imo.

Well every material will give different stats to the weapon / armor you craft which can give you an advantage. Finding and crafting the gear you need for ur playstyle and the environment you are going to use it in, as well as the strategies you are going for will end up with you being in need to find and test out a lot of different gear / strategies / builds. So if you want a "gear grind" I guess you can see that as it 😉

@Eurav
    depends if we find a "good" set for 90% of the game.

depends if we find a "good" set for 90% of the game.

Ye it depends on how balanced everything is and how much strategy and environment actually matter.
    It is the approach the develeopers are going for, so all we can do is hope they implement it well enough so that many different builds can all be meta 😉

Well with ~ 400? skills it will take a while to find the best builds anyways. A lot of exploring to be done before one can get there (finding the best build). A big problem I can see is if then after a few months / a year all those "guides to the best mage build" show up and the newer players probably won´t be able to enjoy the same fun 😞

@Eurav since Fractured is promoted as a dynamic MMO, I'm hoping that down the line devs will implement something that will make knowledge gathering a bit... well dynamic. 😉

So that knowledge points aren't always found on same spots, thus guides will be circumstantial at best. In this way new players would still have to explore and search to find knowledge, instead of just following guides on the web.

• The crafting in crowfall is looking promising. I've been watching streamers and it's shaping up nicely over there.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Vortech I have crowfall but when I started playing it was rly early stages how is the crafting now?

@Gothix said in Crafted Items / Unidentified Items:

since Fractured is promoted as a dynamic MMO, I'm hoping that down the line devs will implement something that will make knowledge gathering a bit... well dynamic.
    So that knowledge points aren't always found on same spots, thus guides will be circumstantial at best. In this way new players would still have to explore and search to find knowledge, instead of just following guides on the web.

My point is, if you can trim it down to a few neccessary skills for a successfuly "mage build" or whatever, you won´t need a lot of konwledge points to learn them. You also won´t need to look for them (how to discover them), unless they make it that everyone needs to do something else to acquire the same skill, which I don´t see happening.

Well yeah, one can still go around and explore everything even as a new player, depens on the player then I guess 🙂

• @TelmiWhy

It's gotten pretty deep and it looks rewarding to. Check

for crafting. He's been going pretty hard on it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt

without some type of gear progression they game will become stale, to an extent. Even Eve Online has better gear through PvE and research. Their PvE has a few tiers.

yeah, but its not from RNG luck or anything. If you have the mats you craft legendary, if you don't you stick to common. Kinda pointless, which is why so far the game doesn't look promising lol! I go with screw the waste of resource on making a signature. It is pointless in a full loot game. It might as well read "from the poor effing monsters on the roadside"

@chrightt
    depends if the numbers are tied to quality materials.

• I would like to craft a Legendary Fishing Rod

@Fishmonger said in Crafted Items / Unidentified Items:

I would like to craft a Legendary Fishing Rod

what a nice dream 😄

@Eurav said in Crafted Items / Unidentified Items:

@telmiwhy said in Crafted Items / Unidentified Items:

makes it more special having your name as the crafter if you achieve the highest quality possible

sorry to ruin your fun, but there is no quality / tier system or anything like that in crafting. Everything has "the same quality"

If this is correct, then we might see very simple and boring crafting. 🤔

Crafting will include simple crafting of basic gear yeah, but crafting will also be about customization - changing existing pieces of gear to get fitted for different purposes (changing stats), keeping overall same amount of stats, but different ones.

So while crafting basic gear may be simple and easy, customization of said gear may be more difficult, and require rarer materials and more effort - depending on how extensive the level of customization is.

@Gothix Sounds a lil bit better, but still I am not convinced. If you have to see more effort and you need to obtain rare resources for sake of different stats, that just feels kind of underwhelming imho. Oh well.. Maybe we just have to wait how crafting will be actually implemented before making more judgements.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured