Livestock

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I think people have talked about farming before but do we know if farming will also include livestocks? I think it will be cool to have animals we can grow and get animal by products such as milk and egg and wool! we can also have animal husbandry!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I like the idea of raising animals and animal husbandry maybe having a place in the knowledge system/tree. Animals would, however, most certainly be subject to trolling/griefing. Good thing there are systems in place to disadvantage these sorts of players. At least on Arboreus and Syndesia.šŸ˜

@Althalus I would like to see livestock as part of farming. Different animals can give you different resources what can be used in crafting and especially at cooking.

I would not restrict animal husbandry only for livestock. I see here an opportunity for players raise mounts and pets as well. There can be hunting abilities to trap and cage animals, which can be tamed and eventually trained for players use. How about that? šŸ˜‰

@Crowdac said in Livestock:

Animals would, however, most certainly be subject to trolling/griefing. Good thing there are systems in place to disadvantage these sorts of players. At least on Arboreus and Syndesia.šŸ˜

How animals can be subject of grieffing?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Tuoni said in Livestock:

Animals would, however, most certainly be subject to trolling/griefing. Good thing there are systems in place to disadvantage these sorts of players. At least on Arboreus and Syndesia.šŸ˜

How animals can be subject of grieffing?

They could be killed by other players, that's really the only thing. Unless there'll be a way for them to be stolen...

@Gantrydublin I havent read anything on the farming mechanic but they can use the same mechanics that prevents players fro destroying crops/ stealing crops for the livestock as well, I would think.
    @Tuoni I was thinking the same thing, that it would add so much to the cooking mechanic and crafting mechanic to have livestock!

@Gantrydublin Okay that way. However, if stealing is permitted by developers I would not consider it as griefing. Its simply a gaming mechanic. However, that does not mean it should be so. You get negative karma from stealing and thievery so that is a good starting point. I don't personally see that, this is enough to protect players from frustration.

Maybe players could have chance to build different kind of protective systems to keep crops and cattle save? These can be some kind of large cages, halls, stables or maybe even magic barriers. These should not be permanent safe havens and could need players maintaining for example.

I dont actually have any idea what is devs opinnion to this matter and how they have planned to implement farming and stealing, or will that robbing be possible at all.

im sure there are already anti-griefing mechanics that are already in place that can be implemented to the livestocks as well. @Tuoni your idea of having buildings to protect the crops/livestocks is a nice idea! it would add to the house building system and prevent griefing!

What about HERBS? On top of crops, vegetables and cattle, farming could also incluede herbs. Herbs could be more rare farming products, but those could be related heavily for gathering. I would keep open world as the main output for herbs, but I would add herb seeds as rare drops to herb resource nodes. That way gatherer (in this case herbalist) would have more to get than just the basic resources from the node. Then gatherer can either sell those seeds for profit or grow by him/herself.

herb seeds

OMG YES!!! we could use herbs for coocking AND alchemy to make healing potions and mana potions and all sorts of potions!!!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Tuoni

Excellent question

@Althalus said in Livestock:

herb seeds

OMG YES!!! we could use herbs for coocking AND alchemy to make healing potions and mana potions and all sorts of potions!!!

I had that in my mind too. There can be different category of herbs, some are spices for cooks and others goes for Alchemist to create potions and flasks. On top of that I see here one more possibility. There could be also a miller profession. Miller can make different kind of flours, powders, inks and dyes from crops and herbs. These products can be used mainly in cooking, alchemy and inscription. In addition, those dyes can be used also in armor and cloth crafting, and in other stuff related to cosmetics and decorations.

Those who are generally interested of professions, could go visit in this thread: Profession Matrix

I have collected there a good amount of ideas related to all possible profession, and I want to fill my list with suggestions from other players. I already noted milk, eggs and wool from original post here. I have added those to farming section, but I have not upload that new version yet. I will still wait some comments before doing that.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

What about horse breeding?

@Meangroundhog Definitely something what Fractured needs. Possibility to find and catch animals and creatures (can also be pups), which can be tamed and raised for cattle, pets and mounts. šŸ˜‰

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Tuoni

Iā€™m guessing people would kill your hard work of raising them. Not sure what they would gain from killing the livestock. Other than knowing they caused you to start over on raising livestock.

@Jrock Well now you presumed that people can kill your cattle just like that. It might be that you can't do that at all or it is at least a really hard task. I would guess that some kind of thievery system can be a thing, but then there is most likely mechanics which can protect your farm. I actually presume, that we are not going to see possibility to slaughter other players animals. What value that would bring to the game? Grieffing mechanic, nothing more.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Tuoni I think killing livestock is going to be possible. You said something I hadn't thought about, in terms of livestock, which is, a thievery/ bounty system. The consequence for killing someone else's property would result in the perpetrator be marked as a thief, bounty on his/her head, lose karma.

@Tuoni I think killing livestock is going to be possible. You said something I hadn't thought about, in terms of livestock, which is, a thievery/ bounty system. The consequence for killing someone else's property would result in the perpetrator be marked as a thief, bounty on his/her head, lose karma.

Like I said before, I presume there can be some kind of thievery feature which is then bound to karma and criminal system. I can see this be a thing. Also, IF this will be possible, it should not be easy task or there should be possibility to protect your property.

However, what good the game would get if players can just go to other players farm and slaughter animals just for fun? None. Game should not encourage grieffing and not make any aspect of game (in this situation farming) so frustrating activity that no-one wants to do it anymore. That's why it is important to think possible thievery mechanic through very closely before implementing anything.

I don't personally mind if you can't steal stuff from other players property. I don't see enough value in thievery versus how much frustration it will cause.

Like I said before, I presume there can be some kind of thievery feature which is then bound to karma and criminal system. I can see this be a thing. Also, IF this will be possible, it should not be easy task or there should be possibility to protect your property.

However, what good the game would get if players can just go to other players farm and slaughter animals just for fun? None. Game should not encourage grieffing and not make any aspect of game (in this situation farming) so frustrating activity that no-one wants to do it anymore. That's why it is important to think possible thievery mechanic through very closely before implementing anything.

I don't personally mind if you can't steal stuff from other players property. I don't see enough value in thievery versus how much frustration it will cause.

that's pretty easy. while the livestock is on your property they are safe and can't be harmed. when they're off the property they're free game!

Copyright Ā© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured