What will be the in-game gold sinks?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Xzoviac said in What will be the in-game gold sinks?:

@Jetah said in What will be the in-game gold sinks?:

@Savitr said in What will be the in-game gold sinks?:

Market deployment as well as ways to keep things accessible to newer players will be important for the longevity of the game. Coin sinks are important, but finding the balance is needed.

@Farlander
    We know there's some sort of coin, or barter item exists because Governors of towns set a tax rate as described in Towns, Governors & Politics (one of the previous spotlights)

taxes can be raw resources tho. depending on the UI it could be anything; weapons, armor, food, water, etc. (i'm sure it'll be gold tho, it'll be boring.)

Citizen it's time to pay your tax...

Oh ok (hands gold over)

?????? Why are you giving me gold, hand me your underwear

maybe bath water as an alternative?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Jetah
    Indeed it could be items as well, hence the use of "or barter items". AKA in place of coin it could be items, although to really show government most rely on some level of fiscal coin operation. We just don't know if there's mints in the game, or how it's going to be handled, however percentage taxes and thus usually amounts are far easier to handle in coinage. Barter tax has it's own headaches, although could push to allow time for organizations to take payments as they ship from one place to the next. Lots of options for the dev team, really.

Ill just say that i hate RNG upgrading from the bottom of my heart.

Ill never play any game ever again that has RNG upgrades with item destruction.

I prefer there to be a basic coinage system in the game. Doing everything in gold coins is much easier than some king of conversion system designated from bartering. It allows a player to convert all their junk items into one easily stored item in the form of coins. Then dealing with npcs will produce coins into the system from missions to buying/selling items. Everything becomes easier using a money system. Why do you think all societies in then world adopted one?

@Farlander said in What will be the in-game gold sinks?:

I prefer there to be a basic coinage system in the game. Doing everything in gold coins is much easier than some king of conversion system designated from bartering. It allows a player to convert all their junk items into one easily stored item in the form of coins. Then dealing with npcs will produce coins into the system from missions to buying/selling items. Everything becomes easier using a money system. Why do you think all societies in then world adopted one?

it was adopted because of control. the gov can print as much as it wants to buy/fund whatever it wants. the effect is 'higher wages' and higher cost of goods but if you dumb down the population (like social promotion) then you can tell them they're making more so spend it!

I'm not starting a political debate with you. Coins for this game as well as real world applications is to help ease and standardize transactions. They were also a way for a kingdom to promote itself. Often ideologies were stamped right on the coins. Today, yes I agree with you. Governments can print and devalue their money, That, however, just devalues their currency which reflects on the open market trading. Coins often not just represented their value but were their value being minted in precious metals such as gold and silver.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@tiltowait That mechanic is hated for a reason. I would legit pass on this game if it added RNG upgrades, just on principle. Not to mention that goes well against the dev's stated design goals.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured