Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Jetah said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

I paid with Xsolla via gift card and they require 20% over the cost to purchase.

I think that was because you used Xsolla. If you went to a store and paid cash, there would be no markup.

@Xzoviac said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

The difference between bank security and a random game is completely different, online companys get breached and the Db get hacked all the time, banks do not

Banks get hacked too, don't you watch the movies?

You just need to create octopus trojan with 8 binary tentacles and steal a bank employee desktop password by posing as mailman.

@Gothix said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

@Xzoviac said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

The difference between bank security and a random game is completely different, online companys get breached and the Db get hacked all the time, banks do not

Banks get hacked too, don't you watch the movies?

You just need to create octopus trojan with 8 binary tentacles and steal a bank employee desktop password by posing as mailman.

Sounds like a spiderman plot lmao

@Xzoviac
    i'm pretty sure banks are required to use encryption but where most of the user details come from are from 3rd party sites that wont encrypt. Diablo 3 had thousands of accounts hijacked because wiki, and other 3rd party websites were easy to obtain the login information. second worst part was the number of people that reused the same exact password (because email is super popular for a username).

to assume banks dont get hacked is pretty childish. although it's easier to get cash directly from users than from the bank. it's why there are signs by gift cards stating the IRS and other Government entities dont take gift cards.

@Pwnstar
    online video games dont have a cash option. not all games have their own gift card. Warframe had the option to use gift cards via their merchant and it cost 20% more.

@Jetah said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

@Tuoni said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

@Jetah I don't know about that gift card, I paid with bank or credit card and there was no extra fees. Well there was a good amount of options so maybe next time choose something else. 😉

you dont understand the conversation. someone said they dont want their credit card info stored on a publishers/developers servers because people can steal bank info. That tells me they dont use banks at all and only use cash. In order to pay with cash online they'd have use gift cards. Using gift cards online to buy items not of the gift card store means they pay 20% more (at least that's how it worked for me).

credit card and paypal are both 'banks' so the person isn't using those options.

you said alternative payments (to banks) which is only gift cards. either with the merchant (like buying Blizzard balance or Steam wallet) or using (Target/Wal-mart/etc) gift card with xsolla will cost 20% more. The other option could be some of the few prepaid credit cards but those are being phased out, because I assume money laundering or something like that.

I understand the conversation perfectly, but I am not sure about you... You have actually moved the conversation to weird direction with your gift card arguments. If someone only wants to use cash, there is not much to do with that guy really if he wants to buy something online. And what it comes for Blizzard gaming cards, I have not seen any extra fees on those, I think people should really check out from where to buy those at first place.

FYI, stealing credit card information is not same as stealing bank information. Bank information is much more secured, and is used to transfer X amount of money to PayPal for example, so you can keep the transfer fees as low as you want to. There are a good amount of payment methods, where obviously bank or cash are the starting point, or what alternative payment methods you think there are? Squirrel skins? Okay, some games accepts also virtual "money" like Bitcoin, but pretty much that's it.

Problem with gift cards is availability. They are not available in all the countries.

Lets take an example of already mentioned Blizzard gift cards. They are for example available in Poland, but not in Croatia.
    Now, someone from Croatia has no way of using those, even if he would ask a friend in Poland to buy one for him and tell him the code, it would still not be possible, because Polish Blizzards gift cards are only usable on accounts that are registered in Poland, and have Poland chosen as country in settings, during account creation.

Now of course that player from Croatia could do a "few steps" to lie that he is from Poland, and register his account as polish, and then use gift cards from there (which he would still have difficulty buying if he doesn't want to do online shopping in the first place) because he would have to physically travel to Poland to buy one every time, or have a Polish "sponsor" friend.

So you see even a company as big as Blizzard has certain issues with gift cards (due to monetary conversion issues). So gift cards are not in any way a good solution to anything.

Now imagine a small company, get engaged in gift card business... I don't think so. 😉

@Gothix Gift cards are one good option if those are available, and if those are not available it is ofc a shame, but it is what it is. If people wants to play games online, they just might need to consider other payment methods than cash. Bank account for example is quite standard place to keep money so I suggest people to start from there.. 😉 😅

• @Jetah Why?

• @Jetah Or they could make the game and all of it's systems fun to play? If so people would play it themselves -)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured