• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Ok then, gaming company can hire Liam Neeson to go FIND cheaters! 😛

@Gothix said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

Ok then, gaming company can hire Liam Neeson to go FIND cheaters! 😛

I see no way this wont work tbh, needs to happen

@Jetah said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

the gov ID would be better but even those can be forged. unless the company does a KYC it's easy to bypass.

the only people asking for credit card info/ gov id would deter are legitimate players... I have NO intention of handing over my credit card details or even worse my Government ID to random game companies tyvm... with all the hacking and identity theft thats been happening no game is worth putting my personal info at risk....

@Althalus said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

the gov ID would be better but even those can be forged. unless the company does a KYC it's easy to bypass.

the only people asking for credit card info/ gov id would deter are legitimate players... I have NO intention of handing over my credit card details or even worse my Government ID to random game companies tyvm... with all the hacking and identity theft thats been happening no game is worth putting my personal info at risk....

so you'll never buy a game or buy from a cash shop? as long as the info is encrypted it's fine but whether they encrypt is another story.

@Jetah asking for credit card info or govt id for a one off purchase or verification of transaction is one thing, but storing the info regardless of encryption is something far more invasive, that I would not support.

so you'll never buy a game or buy from a cash shop? as long as the info is encrypted it's fine but whether they encrypt is another story.

maybe get yourself informed before you talk like you know everything?!?!? there has been countless instances of identity theft and stealing of personal inform FROM banks and government organizations... some common sense would be welcome...

I am also against the idea about need of credit card information to identify people. Firstable, not everyone have a credit card or they simply can not get one. Also these kind of credit card registers will surely wake up the intrest of criminals, and scamming will increase. Furthermore, is it smart move from gaming companies make starting of the game harder and put the players risk their identity and financial situation? Yeah sure if they want to loose a good amount of players.

Instead of this kind of activity, gaming companies should focus directly on scammers. That is why there are third party companies, which offers tools for gaming companies to prevent and catch up the criminal activity. I would leave this part for information- and cybersecurity professionals and companies to take care off. 😎

I play Rise of Kingdoms on my cellphone, and there's a quick 3d party integrity verification that pops up at random intervals. Players have 10 minutes to do a simple anti-bot task (so if you're in the middle of a fight or complicated spell it will wait while you finish). Each time you complete the task you get a (very) small reward of resources.

Not going to plug that particular 3d party, just want to say that game integrity can rely on inobtrusive anti-hack/bot/cheat programs that don't require ccard info or any personal player info. I'm guessing that our devs will have no trouble finding one.

I'm also guessing that the hackers will consider it a personal challenge to work around whatever the devs put in, but that the horizontal progression system & buy-to-play system (instead of P2W) will be less attractive to those sorts. They like a game with lots of frangible rewards they can sell for personal gain.

@Thwunk
    yet FRACTURED will have a subscription which means the CC info would need to be saved. This happens more than you think because the publishers want easy spending. there are few games where you can not save your info. even Black Desert Online has a KYC system which caused me to not buy the game for 10$.

@Althalus
    i dont believe DS or other game (companies) are BANKS. Again, them needing encryption and using it are completely different systems.

@Tuoni
    Here in the States, we have prepaid gift cards (some are visa enabled) and prepaid credit cards. usually having one means the account holder is 18+.

How does scamming increase when you're required to show gov ID? Sure you can get a fake card but if the company cant verify the card then the account isnt created and the scammer can't scam. Most fraudulent purchases are done with stolen credit cards anyways.

yet FRACTURED will have a subscription which means the CC info would need to be saved.

You don't HAVE to subscribe though. So if you object to the storage of information, you don't partake in that.

@Jetah Usually in games you have other payment methods available too and credit card is not the only option. If credit cards are a mandatory, scammers then knows about this as well and there will be more credit card info phishers for sure.

@Pwnstar

you're right, but to never use a bank in fear of someone taking the encrypted information is pretty stupid. sure you can be a full cash person but you can forget about every buying something online. eventually cash will be removed and it'll be digital all the way.

@Tuoni said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

@Jetah Usually in games you have other payment methods available too and credit card is not the only option. If credit cards are a mandatory, scammers then knows about this as well and there will be more credit card info phishers for sure.

sometimes. most big publishes have gift cards but independent dont always get that option. unless that indie is on steam and you're able to use the steam wallet which is a pre-paid system.

people dont get credit cards because of a specific game is out, they're constantly after new card info so they can sell it to those that steal from companies.

@Jetah Fractured for example has a lot of different kind payment methods (thanks for Xsolla). Every gaming company has a possibility to take wide range of payment methods for use if they just want to. This is also reasonable, because making payment easier will increase sales. Business engines, like Xsolla, are available for every company so there is no need to have only credit card option. Also PayPal is used very widely as one option.

@Jetah Fractured for example has a lot of different kind payment methods (thanks for Xsolla). Every gaming company has a possibility to take wide range of payment methods for use if they just want to. This is also reasonable, because making payment easier will increase sales. Business engines, like Xsolla, are available for every company so there is no need to have only credit card option. Also PayPal is used very widely as one option.

and you pay 20% more by using gift cards! I know I've used them and it was a pain.

but you need your login info on paypal and it can be tied to your bank account, thus making it prime place to try stolen login info!

@Jetah why are you even still fighting this to perpetuate the conversation? It is obvious noone wants to give their 'top secret' / 'classified' government grade personal information to a game company... literally noone is agreeing with the idea. just move on. It isn't going to be implemented if the devs are smart.

People have also been pretty adamant about credit card verification to create an account not being a thing as well.

These are the kind of posts the devs don't need. It is just spam at this point.

@Jetah I do not know what games you have been playing, but that +20% is not a standard. Prices are in most cases same regardless of the payment method, at least nowadays.

In PayPal, and other systems where you trasfer money from your bank account is not much any risk. Even if someone could read your username and password, that person can not get into your account without one time pin codes. But like I mentioned before, even PayPal is just one option and business engines makes payment really easy to customers and makes developers life much more easier.

@Xzait said in Anti-Hack/Cheat/Bot:

@Jetah why are you even still fighting this to perpetuate the conversation? It is obvious noone wants to give their 'top secret' / 'classified' government grade personal information to a game company... literally noone is agreeing with the idea. just move on. It isn't going to be implemented if the devs are smart.

People have also been pretty adamant about credit card verification to create an account not being a thing as well.

but there are millions already that have their info saved with game companies, publishers, etc.

@Tuoni
    I paid with Xsolla via gift card and they require 20% over the cost to purchase.

@Jetah I don't know about that gift card, I paid with bank or credit card and there was no extra fees. Well there was a good amount of options so maybe next time choose something else. 😉

@Jetah I don't know about that gift card, I paid with bank or credit card and there was no extra fees. Well there was a good amount of options so maybe next time choose something else. 😉

you dont understand the conversation. someone said they dont want their credit card info stored on a publishers/developers servers because people can steal bank info. That tells me they dont use banks at all and only use cash. In order to pay with cash online they'd have use gift cards. Using gift cards online to buy items not of the gift card store means they pay 20% more (at least that's how it worked for me).

credit card and paypal are both 'banks' so the person isn't using those options.

you said alternative payments (to banks) which is only gift cards. either with the merchant (like buying Blizzard balance or Steam wallet) or using (Target/Wal-mart/etc) gift card with xsolla will cost 20% more. The other option could be some of the few prepaid credit cards but those are being phased out, because I assume money laundering or something like that.

you dont understand the conversation. someone said they dont want their credit card info stored on a publishers/developers servers because people can steal bank info. That tells me they dont use banks at all and only use cash. In order to pay with cash online they'd have use gift cards. Using gift cards online to buy items not of the gift card store means they pay 20% more (at least that's how it worked for me).

credit card and paypal are both 'banks' so the person isn't using those options.

you said alternative payments (to banks) which is only gift cards. either with the merchant (like buying Blizzard balance or Steam wallet) or using (Target/Wal-mart/etc) gift card with xsolla will cost 20% more. The other option could be some of the few prepaid credit cards but those are being phased out, because I assume money laundering or something like that.

The difference between bank security and a random game is completely different, online companys get breached and the Db get hacked all the time, banks do not

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured