Effect from Taming on mainly PvP

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

This might not even been worked out by development, but I was wondering how taming will effect PvP.

1. Besides open world PvP, where I expect tamed animals to be availalble, I was wondering if you can have them with you during city raids and/or in arena-like PvP (if that's even becomming a thing in Fractured, not sure)

2. Can they travel with you to other planets, or will it be too stressfull for them 🙂

3. On a PvE aspect, will they be able to go with you into a (instanced) dungeon ? Making a hunter like character should have a pet IMHO.

• I personally hope, they can stay with you all the time, as that will make it possible to build around that basic source of damage.
    1. Will a tamed beast keep his original stats and "spells" or will they become equalised and for example every spider get a predetermined spell set, so the difference will only be visual.
    • I really like the idea of harder to tame pets with better stats/spells, however that might effect balance in PvP too much, also depending on other limitations that come with having tamed pets with you (to prevent that a build with pets become a meta)
    1. And as I understand the maximum amount of pets is determined by the Charisma you have. Will this mean a max of (for example) 3-5 pets (Diablo 2 Druid) or 20+ like in a Diablo 2 Summoner.
    • To many pets per character, especially in raids and dungeons might become an issue (lag and/or limitations on graphic cards)) So I will set for a max of 3 pets 🙂

If this information is not available yet, What are your thoughts/expectations on this ?

I would guess, if you can tame an animal and she can fight with you, then it will be available everywhere where you can fight anything.

A nice option would be, you can tell it to stay in your house, if you wish walk around alone, your tamed animal could stay in your home like a pet, resting under a tree or something.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

There are some old posts on discord from Znirf about being able to take your tames on invasions & events.
    Seems they are still considering what to do regarding breeding, so maybe that is why they haven't posted any official information.

Hopefully they have worked out some balancing issues by now. Tamers are one of the hardest classes to balance with regard to combat. Hopefully you can "stable" pets and bring them out when you want them.

taming pets should be similar to mounts and 'dress for the location'. taking a tropical pet into the frozen tundra should mean death for the tropical pet. Fractured would need a way to tame 2 pets so that you can bring them back to the city so swap them out.

Or dress your pet up, like people dress their dogs. 😉

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

I would guess, if you can tame an animal and she can fight with you, then it will be available everywhere where you can fight anything.

A nice option would be, you can tell it to stay in your house, if you wish walk around alone, your tamed animal could stay in your home like a pet, resting under a tree or something.

Perhaps even guarding your home from potential intruders? 🤔

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Jetah said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

taking a tropical pet into the frozen tundra should mean death for the tropical pet.

lol i can't imagine them getting that serious with survival. (hindrance perhaps)
    Certainly not after they said the survival elements were only to make the exploring for fun.

The posts on discord did indicate they are going to have a pretty serious taming aspect tho.
    So i wouldn't be surprised if they added skins & other vanity items for your tames.

@Alexian said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

@Gothix said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

Perhaps even guarding your home from potential intruders? 🤔

thats a pretty wicked idea... this could be the immersion part of having 'guards' on your home plot... instead of using generic NPC's that players seem to want the devs to steer away from if possible. Ofc, it would only work with battle pets, not companion/vanity ones.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

there are instanced dungeons confirmed for fractured? really?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Kuroi part of the original stretch goals was a multi-level labyrinth

https://fracturedmmo.com/kickstarter-update-stretch-goals-revealed/

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Yitra said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

This might not even been worked out by development, but I was wondering how taming will effect PvP.

1. Besides open world PvP, where I expect tamed animals to be availalble, I was wondering if you can have them with you during city raids and/or in arena-like PvP (if that's even becomming a thing in Fractured, not sure)

2. Can they travel with you to other planets, or will it be too stressfull for them 🙂

3. On a PvE aspect, will they be able to go with you into a (instanced) dungeon ?

4. Will a tamed beast keep his original stats and "spells" or will they become equalised and for example every spider get a predetermined spell set, so the difference will only be visual.

5. And as I understand the maximum amount of pets is determined by the Charisma you have. Will this mean a max of (for example) 3-5 pets (Diablo 2 Druid) or 20+ like in a Diablo 2 Summoner.

Hello everyone,
    A player can tame only monsters and animals that are in-game, so there won't be any creature that exists only as a pet. But obviously, not all the existing mobs can be tamed, for example, we will avoid the training of the ones with too much HP or too strong.

For the questions 1,2 and 3, the answer is yes since carrying a pet is a core part of the player's build. You can bring your pet out wherever you want; there won't be any restrictions about that.

For 4 and 5. The pet abilities will be the same as the original tamed animal. For the future, maybe we will add the possibility to tame your pets actively, deciding the spells you want or change some of them as you prefer. But we speak about expansions post-release, there is time 🙂
    Everything concerning pets is related to Charisma. One of the modifiers linked to it will be "Animal Handling" and will determine:

• How many pets you will be able to carry with you (The maximum number will be three pets at the same time, also depending on the strength of them).
    • If you can control it (For example, the monsters will be challenging to tame, the animals instead will be accessible to everyone)

@Kuroi said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

Yes! There will be public instanced dungeons, so, anyone can enter there at the same time and play together.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

3. On a PvE aspect, will they be able to go with you into a (instanced) dungeon ?

4. Will a tamed beast keep his original stats and "spells" or will they become equalised and for example every spider get a predetermined spell set, so the difference will only be visual.

5. And as I understand the maximum amount of pets is determined by the Charisma you have. Will this mean a max of (for example) 3-5 pets (Diablo 2 Druid) or 20+ like in a Diablo 2 Summoner.

Hello everyone,
    A player can tame only monsters and animals that are in-game, so there won't be any creature that exists only as a pet. But obviously, not all the existing mobs can be tamed, for example, we will avoid the training of the ones with too much HP or too strong.

For the questions 1,2 and 3, the answer is yes since carrying a pet is a core part of the player's build. You can bring your pet out wherever you want; there won't be any restrictions about that.

For 4 and 5. The pet abilities will be the same as the original tamed animal. For the future, maybe we will add the possibility to tame your pets actively, deciding the spells you want or change some of them as you prefer. But we speak about expansions post-release, there is time 🙂
    Everything concerning pets is related to Charisma. One of the modifiers linked to it will be "Animal Handling" and will determine:

• How many pets you will be able to carry with you (The maximum number will be three pets at the same time, also depending on the strength of them).
    • If you can control them (For example, the monsters will be challenging to tame, the animals instead will be accessible to everyone)

Yes! There will be public instanced dungeons, so, anyone can enter there at the same time and play together.

@Znirf Thanks you for the clarification! Much appreciated👍

@Znirf said in Effect from Taming on mainly PvP:

Hello everyone,

• If you can control it (For example, the monsters will be challenging to tame, the animals instead will be accessible to everyone)

Taming could normalize the mob stats so that no one mob is stronger or has more hp than others in the same category. if the Tamers skill is high enough they should be able to tame any creature! (maybe dragons or whatnot are an exception but a dragon tamer would be pretty sweet too!).

Why is Charisma the main stat? Why are all mobs affected by it instead of other stats. Maybe some creatures only follow physically strong leaders! Maybe some only follow those with higher intelligence.

Put some options so that min-max can't happen! have the stats needed to tame be separate by mob archetype.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Why is Charisma the main stat? Why are all mobs affected by it instead of other stats. Maybe some creatures only follow physically strong leaders! Maybe some only follow those with higher intelligence.

Just for the game balance, a taming system too heavy and complex could upset other stats decisions 🙂

Tamers are often OP in games and balancing them is very important especially with regards to pvp.

When we talk about pets here is this also enveloping the ones you buy from the gold store? I was understanding that those were soft and cuddly and only were for cosmetics. Can they fight with you?

Just for the game balance, a taming system too heavy and complex could upset other stats decisions 🙂

that sets the president that other activities will be simple and rely on one attribute. That doesn't seem like it'll be a great system. I'll point to Eve Online which uses a primary and secondary attribute. some skills are 75/25 while others are 50/50 while others are 90/10 depending. this means you can't get one attribute high to have better than average training time for certain groups of skills.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hello everyone,

• If you can control them (For example, the monsters will be challenging to tame, the animals instead will be accessible to everyone)

Regarding monsters taming, in case of demons, can demon players tame demonic creatures, native to Tartaros? And if yes, can they be taken with demon-players into different worlds?

Hello everyone,

coz it makes sense. A strong leader will almost always have a surplus of charisma. It is neccissary to keep morale high and is very good for keeping one's subjects loyal if the following isn't based on brute force (honor of strength, like is popularly displayed in Orc behavior).

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured