When will shop items become available ?

• @Jetah Well im pretty sure they are willing to test the shop functions and exploits themselves if that can help raising 10\20\30k € more..
    Is a standard thing to have a shop during alpha nowadays, is not like that Star Citizen will refund everyone after they have tested their jpgs models, or AoC his seasonal items ecc.
    I don't get all this pressing to delete buys, you buy something you hold it.. You can alredy test your pets from foundation or ks or pledge pack if they will be aviable, and that's maybe the right question to ask. Else we are confined to test standard things or they can also put a 0 coins fox\rat to test out transaction and pet system..

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@00 said in When will shop items become available ?:

@Jetah Well im pretty sure they are willing to test the shop functions and exploits themselves if that can help raising 10\20\30k € more..
    Is a standard thing to have a shop during alpha nowadays, is not like that Star Citizen will refund everyone after they have tested their jpgs models, or AoC his seasonal items ecc.
    I don't get all this pressing to delete buys, you buy something you hold it.. You can alredy test your pets from foundation or ks or pledge pack if they will be aviable, and that's maybe the right question to ask. Else we are confined to test standard things or they can also put a 0 coins fox\rat to test out transaction and pet system..

star citizen doesn't have fake currency to buy then buy the ships (well not most of them). they're a direct purchase. I've tested plenty of alpha and beta games where the fake currency you buy stays but the items are removed because it was testing.

problem is i don't want to permanently spend gold during test phases. the items can change, the model can change. buffs could be added, buffs could be removed. they're demanding us make a permanent decision on purchases without anything being final. and they could toss in new items every month. so i'll wait to test until they say items purchased are for testing and the gold will be refunded at intervals and before release of the game.

People are less likely to test the shop if they know they are stuck with the item after purchase. I know that can be said of any player starting out the game even when the game is live. I just think testers will be less likely to spend their dynamight gold with so many unknowns. Once the game launches you will have some places on the internet to research those items before purchasing via youtube or wiki. At least I'm speaking for myself.

@Farlander

that's how I am. I'll wait until someone else buys it and post images or some type of feedback before purchasing it.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Znirf said in When will shop items become available ?:

@Jetah said in When will shop items become available ?:

@Znirf

are these item(s) permanently purchased or will the gold be refunded at release or in another test phase?

The bought items will become permanently bonded to your account, as you noticed all of them are pets or cosmetics things, so there is no need for a later refund. 🙂

Good to know, means we can go nuts during alpha test

@deusex2 said in When will shop items become available ?:

@Znirf

are these item(s) permanently purchased or will the gold be refunded at release or in another test phase?

The bought items will become permanently bonded to your account, as you noticed all of them are pets or cosmetics things, so there is no need for a later refund. 🙂

just means, no refunds.

@Znirf

just means, no refunds.

which is good 🙂 would waste the devs time if they had to do extra coding just to make sure that everyone got all their gold back without having any bugs either completely removing all of a players gold or doubling other players gold... no refunds = no extra potential unneccissary bugs.

They will still be dealing with bugs with purchases and with upset people because they want their missing stuff or gold that's missing. Maybe they can offer discounts during the testing to entice testing 🙂

@Farlander said in When will shop items become available ?:

They will still be dealing with bugs with purchases and with upset people because they want their missing stuff or gold that's missing. Maybe they can offer discounts during the testing to entice testing 🙂

i wouldnt be surprised if they were already discounted tbh. it was $100 to buy everything they put in the store.... which honestly, isnt much compared to what a lot of other games ask for, for the same amount.

i know plenty of games that u spend $100 and u get 2 materials for a piece of gear that u need 5 of those materials + extra to make 1 piece of 6... here we got like 6 pets and the ability to craft 4 entire furniture sets.... most games, a cosmetic furnite set... just one... would be like $30-50... sometimes even more...

look at path of exile for example... gold is super expensive... spend $50 and u get like 2 chestplate cosmetics (unless you bought an event bundle).... or perfect world international... a descent mount will cost u $40 on its own... or league of legends... some of the skins cost almost $30...

@Xzait said in When will shop items become available ?:

@Znirf

just means, no refunds.

which is good 🙂 would waste the devs time if they had to do extra coding just to make sure that everyone got all their gold back without having any bugs either completely removing all of a players gold or doubling other players gold... no refunds = no extra potential unneccissary bugs.

they can just save the state of the gold and revert it. i will tell you that we'll have plenty of people posting they thought the items would be removed and the gold reset during phases. it'll cause more problems for DS than it'll help. You're also implying that no testing needs to be done with the store and that exploits wont happen. I know they will happen and resetting helps remove the gains and allows DS to recover from it.

@Znirf

just means, no refunds.

they can just save the state of the gold and revert it. i will tell you that we'll have plenty of people posting they thought the items would be removed and the gold reset during phases. it'll cause more problems for DS than it'll help. You're also implying that no testing needs to be done with the store and that exploits wont happen. I know they will happen and resetting helps remove the gains and allows DS to recover from it.

how am i implying no testing needs to be done? i am sure hundreds of people have already bought them, including myself. If people are instantly thinking they will be refunded all the gold they bought if they spent it, would being told in a definate matter, they shouldn't be buying gold in the first place.

And also, just to expand on my point... i spent an extra $100 BEFORE the pledge pack gold even got updated into the store... others probably did the same, instead of using the however much gold they had from a pledge pack... i still have my 30,000 dynamite gold from my immortal pack just sitting there.

@Znirf

just means, no refunds.

how am i implying no testing needs to be done? i am sure hundreds of people have already bought them, including myself. If people are instantly thinking they will be refunded all the gold they bought if they spent it, would being told in a definate matter, they shouldn't be buying gold in the first place.

And also, just to expand on my point... i spent an extra $100 BEFORE the pledge pack gold even got updated into the store... others probably did the same, instead of using the however much gold they had from a pledge pack... i still have my 30,000 dynamite gold from my immortal pack just sitting there.

they wont refund the cash that bought gold. they'd only return the gold used during testing that purchased items during testing while removing the items as per the account wipe between testing phases.

i know for a fact people will be pissed they bought something from the shop and wont get a refund during the phases. they'll end up manually giving the gold back and removing the items.

@Jetah you missed the whole point of my argument. there are players out there that see it as a 'money is no object' scenario. people WILL buy the stuff in the store, regardless of players that want to get all their in game money back just coz for no real reason at all besides being stingey. The items WILL get tested. The devs WILL get feedback. Doesn't matter if they have a dynamite gold refund in place or not. They shouldn't have to do a refund thing. People should only buy what they think they will want.

@Jetah you missed the whole point of my argument. there are players out there that see it as a 'money is no object' scenario. people WILL buy the stuff in the store, regardless of players that want to get all their in game money back just coz for no real reason at all besides being stingey. The items WILL get tested. The devs WILL get feedback. Doesn't matter if they have a dynamite gold refund in place or not. They shouldn't have to do a refund thing. People should only buy what they think they will want.

First phase of testing confirmed, all items purchased and visible in history, eagerly wating for phase 2: alphatest 2 😈

and testing isn't for those people. it's for the developers. the refunds/reset of the gold is to note that the items arent permanent.

the people aren't getting their cash back. just the items purchase through the store during that testing phase are removed and your gold amount is reset.

again it's for testing. it will cost them more to issue gold refunds during testing because people will expect purchases to not be permanent.

• Sorry to necro this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one.

Anyway, I have some questions about the cosmetic items.

• I read that they are bound to the account, so my guess is that dropping them on death or selling them it's impossible. Is that correct?
    • Can I use the same cosmetic item on 2 characters from my account in the same time?
    • There are some pets and decorations for sale right now. Will these be exclusive to early access, or they will remain in store when the game does live?

@Razvan said in When will shop items become available ?:

Sorry to necro this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one.

Anyway, I have some questions about the cosmetic items.

• I read that they are bound to the account, so my guess is that dropping them on death or selling them it's impossible. Is that correct?
    • Can I use the same cosmetic item on 2 characters from my account in the same time?
    • There are some pets and decorations for sale right now. Will these be exclusive to early access, or they will remain in store when the game does live?

The shop stuff will change eventually I think you will eventually lose the chance to buy them.

You can use cosmetics on all chars and swap and change skins at will

They want to avoid pay to win so I think you wont be able to sell cosmetics but I dont know

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured