Fractured = SAO

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

So I was reading some stuff in the news & catching up on everything i missed.

don't want to make it too obvious but for anyone who understands the SAO justice system you will understand what i mean by the title.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

seen the first 2 seasons of SAO, but not sure what this Justice system is , can you remind me?

I don't even know what SAO stands for. At first I read it as Sons of Anarchy but that would have been dyslexic lol.

@Farlander said in Fractured = SAO:

I don't even know what SAO stands for. At first I read it as Sons of Anarchy but that would have been dyslexic lol.

😹 😹 😹 😹 😹

That was good seriously!
    I think he meant Sword Art Online 😵

this is like the Fractured equivalent of 'vaguebooking' 🤷 lol
    @islesofurth, can we get you to unpack this equation for us who have zero clue what you're talking about and why it's helpful to know that F=SAO?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I was trying to be subtle lol

• TF#10 - CONSUL

For those who don't care to watch, the scene is basically taking somebody at level 50 and having them fight a handful of level 5 people. In response to that, if the Fractured justice system is just an overpowered player I think it has completely failed...

@Jairone said in Fractured = SAO:

For those who don't care to watch, the scene is basically taking somebody at level 50 and having them fight a handful of level 5 people. In response to that, if the Fractured justice system is just an overpowered player I think it has completely failed...

All players will be the same strength thats the hole point in fractured , like a moba , with no grind. you wont get any stronger then day one, you will just learn new spells and new ways to fight, or craft, but basic stats wont change

@Xzoviac said in Fractured = SAO:

All players will be the same strength thats the hole point in fractured , like a moba , with no grind. you wont get any stronger then day one, you will just learn new spells and new ways to fight, or craft, but basic stats wont change

That gameplay loop isn't gonna keep most people entertained for long if that's the case. Feeling yourself get more powerful is part of the formula that makes games like this fun.

@Gynz said in Fractured = SAO:

That gameplay loop isn't gonna keep most people entertained for long if that's the case. Feeling yourself get more powerful is part of the formula that makes games like this fun.

Monster Hunter genre would like to speak to you. there are attribute changes with knowledge or gear so it wont be 'zero' increase.

@Jetah said in Fractured = SAO:

Monster Hunter genre would like to speak to you. there are attribute changes with knowledge or gear so it wont be 'zero' increase.

Why would a piece of armour make you have more strength?

I was under the impression gear tiers wont make you stronger really just different, a fully armour person will take less dmg sure but they will be slower.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Jairone said in Fractured = SAO:

Good to see i wasnt too obvious with the video at least

Now I know I saw people posting about gear giving them stat increases. That would imply that as time goes on people will get stronger. Also new skills/abilities can for sure make you more powerful depending upon how much damage they do and what debilitating effects they have.

@Xzoviac

how does gear make your spells stronger, or your perception better.... it's magic.

Ok, I watched the video. Unless I've missed something really crucial, Fractured's knowledge system doesn't allow for this kind of imbalance.

As I understand it, a Fractured PC doesn't gain stat or hit points as they progress - they can have more stuff, & know more spells, but they can only have a certain number of spells hot-keyed. They can craft wicked kewl weapons/armor or arcane tomes/potions but that takes time and real effort. Or am I completely misunderstanding the basic premise?

I'm not sure you understood what I was saying... or I didn't understand you, either way. Monster Hunter isn't a good example of what I was talking about because you absolutely get stronger over time. That's the gameplay loop. Get better gear which makes you stronger, fight harder monsters, repeat. That's what keeps people coming back to it, same loop as an MMO.

So unless I misunderstood @Xzoviac, that's not what's happening here.

I'm not sure you understood what I was saying... or I didn't understand you, either way. Monster Hunter isn't a good example of what I was talking about because you absolutely get stronger over time. That's the gameplay loop. Get better gear which makes you stronger, fight harder monsters, repeat. That's what keeps people coming back to it, same loop as an MMO.

How many pieces of gear drop in MH genre? usually it's crafting materials and you craft said item. Granted I haven't played MHW but have played Dauntless, which is described as MHW lite. Dauntless has you create all gear, except the starting weapon. The game play loop is fight mob, get crafting mats, craft armor, fight mob, get mats, craft weapon.

Now to argue against that game play loop, Eve Online has Drone NPCs which only drop crafting materials (well at least when I last played) and none of the 'ratters' (those that hunt npc's around asteroid belts) wanted to go there.

How many pieces of gear drop in MH genre? usually it's crafting materials and you craft said item. Granted I haven't played MHW but have played Dauntless, which is described as MHW lite. Dauntless has you create all gear, except the starting weapon. The game play loop is fight mob, get crafting mats, craft armor, fight mob, get mats, craft weapon.

Now to argue against that game play loop, Eve Online has Drone NPCs which only drop crafting materials (well at least when I last played) and none of the 'ratters' (those that hunt npc's around asteroid belts) wanted to go there.

their whole point is that the gear u hunt for materials for make better gear increasing your stats... and fractured is meant to be a static strength play, where you dont get stronger, even with gear, just more skilled at the game and thus do better as a result of skill instead of gear improvements.

Is spell damage not affected by stats? I was assuming damage for all forms of combat was affected by its primary stat. Is this wrong? If it is correct then gear raising stats does make your spells better. Now according to this article

https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-4-skills-galore/

Spell damage is directly affected by your intelligence score. If you raise your score you raise your damage output. So with gear that raises your intelligence you have raised your damage. You spells get better. So by simple logic better gear means better fighting skills. So players will not be the same strength as time goes by and gear is collected. I don't know any game I've played where collecting gear wasn't part of character improvement.

If the devs removed loot drops and the need to improve your gear why even hunt at all? There is no excitement for loot drops other than mats and if mats didn't turn into anything other than cosmetic improvements then most of the players are not even going to bother with hunting.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Farlander said in Fractured = SAO:

Is spell damage not affected by stats? I was assuming damage for all forms of combat was affected by its primary stat. Is this wrong? If it is correct then gear raising stats does make your spells better. Now according to this article

https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-4-skills-galore/

Spell damage is directly affected by your intelligence score. If you raise your score you raise your damage output. So with gear that raises your intelligence you have raised your damage. You spells get better. So by simple logic better gear means better fighting skills. So players will not be the same strength as time goes by and gear is collected. I don't know any game I've played where collecting gear wasn't part of character improvement.

If the devs removed loot drops and the need to improve your gear why even hunt at all? There is no excitement for loot drops other than mats and if mats didn't turn into anything other than cosmetic improvements then most of the players are not even going to bother with hunting.

The article says,"power of spells," not,"damage of spells." May seem like an inconsequential difference, but difference nevertheless. Especially, if you've experienced the difference in context during alpha. So far, difference in stats doesn't affects your damage, but rather spell's DC roll VS target's saves... It's very much D&D-like in that regard. The higher stats you have, the higher your ability to penetrate target's defense is.

For example, regular mobs would be affected by spells, but higher ranked mobs would be able to resist spell attacks, in which case, they'd receive no damage, at all.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured