[Poll] City Reputation System

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Gothix said in [Poll] City Reputation System:

Each player could have reputation tied to any particular city, better reputation with particular city, he would have some discount at NPCs, and some extra options becoming available to him at certain reputation thresholds.

You don't need a system for this. If your trading with some random & they keep coming back, then give them a better deal.
    Creating a visual system for something people are already going to do. That is just a waste of the dev's resources.

There could be several ways to increase (and decrease) base reputation with specific city. Base Reputation would then get additionally increased or decreased by temporary factors like... is player member of guild that's currently ruling the city, what is players karma, is player currently citizen of that city, and so on.

Having a reputation system with an NPC town would be nice, but when your dealing with real people you can't use a reputation system.
    You wouldn't even be able to use a single system for a party or guild as not everyone in that party or guild would have the same exact opinion of whatever it is your testing the reputation of.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Belligero said in [Poll] City Reputation System:

I'm going to say no.

I wouldn't mind if it's there just for shit and giggles but then that's just pointless.

If there's rewards to come out of it, then I'm definitely against it.

This, 100%.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

If you play the game and interact with people, pvp, trade, chat, group, etc. you will get a reputation, same goes for guilds.
    I have hard time seeing why there should be some numbers or a bar tied to this in a game like Fractured.

edit:
    just saw
    53% yes
    wtf!? T.T

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Xzoviac said in [Poll] City Reputation System:

Why are you against rewards?

Tends to become a system that benefits a very small fraction of top players and not meaningfully utilized by the majority of the playerbase.

Tends to become a system that benefits a very small fraction of top players and not meaningfully utilized by the majority of the playerbase.

Depends on how its implemented. If grind is avoided and everyday activities are considered then you dont need to be a nolife elitist to benefit from this. 😉

Also if rewards are based upon horizontal progression philosophy and do not directly affect combat power they would be in spirit of Fractured.

Even in WoW those reputations were not just for small fraction of players. Rewards also vary between gear, recipes, mounts, pets and such. Sometimes you got something useful (from progression pov) and sometimes such cosmetics. Few reputations were behind a huge grind, but Fractured does not need to take that path. I am not sure what is my opinion related for town reputations in Fractured, but I do not personally see nothing wrong with rewards, as long those are more like cosmetics and/or goes well with systems in use, like player-driven economy.

Generally thinking, the game needs different kind of things players to achieve, and reputation system is one option at least to be considered.

Each player could have reputation tied to any particular city, better reputation with particular city, he would have some discount at NPCs, and some extra options becoming available to him at certain reputation thresholds.

There could be several ways to increase (and decrease) base reputation with specific city. Base Reputation would then get additionally increased or decreased by temporary factors like... is player member of guild that's currently ruling the city, what is players karma, is player currently citizen of that city, and so on.

Players would have different base reputation tied to each different city.

Does this idea sound appealing or not?

If cities were NPCs, this would make sense to me, but cities will be humans. As a governor, everyone who interacts with my town will have a reputation with -me-. 🙂

What I'll want is not a reputation system, but tools to deal with individuals, such as a "kill player X on sight" order to guards (which is something Wurm Online had), or, give player Y a discount in my shops, and player Z access to my crafting stations.

Would also be nice if I could set rules based simply on karma.

Some cities will be made and ruled by human players, and some cities will be "NPC cities". This is suggestion for those cities.

If i might suggest something completely out there from what everyone else has been going on about... the rep system doesnt have to be complex... it could be a scale of 1-100 and you start at 50 (nuetral). the higher your number, the better your rep.

rep gain could be simply visiting the town daily, helping maintain the town if you choose to, helping yo take down a player with a very low rep, or taking them out on your own.

ways to loose rep could be looting/stealing from the town, killing another player that doesnt already have a low rep or not visiting for an extended period of time... not visiting would drop it to a minimum of 50... maybe over time, if your rep is low, it could rise back to 50, but 1/4 of speed of dropping from being too high.

And the reward for having a good rep would be the amount of people you would be able to sell stuff to... i wouldnt want to try and trade someone goods of they had a rep lower than 35... would u?

@Xzait Something like this could work nicely. I like the idea how high and low reputation will move slowly towards neutral. It can be just one point / week or one point / three days or anything well balanced. Rep system can be something simple like in your suggestion and it does not need to be mega complex. With reputation system something like this, I would say yes (referring to original poll). 😉

Anything that doesnt feel grindy can be nice. It just needs to fit the town and who has political power in it. Politicians can be good and evil so things that you do to raise/lower rep in particular city may be different.

People should get informed about the city before starting doing things without care. Also a knowledge system may come into play here somehow.

Anything that doesnt feel grindy can be nice. It just needs to fit the town and who has political power in it. Politicians can be good and evil so things that you do to raise/lower rep in particular city may be different.

People should get informed about the city before starting doing things without care. Also a knowledge system may come into play here somehow.

ye, something simple but effectove is neccissary for this. if it gets too complex, it loses its allure. another thing i thought of as well to make people consider rep... if you trade with someone with a much lower rep than yours, your rep could drop... reasoning being that you are trading with shady people... when do you ever see a 10* trader doing business with someone in the stolen goods league? i would probably recommend no penalty for trading with people within 20 rep of your own rep... so people with capped rep at 100 can only safely trade with people of rep 80+

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured