Land Problem?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So lot of games like Archeage has a problem when the game launches, most of the land has claimed and the new player can't find any new land unless it launch a new server. How will Fractured fix this problem?Is it gonna be like Albion that you have your personal island?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Based on answers given in the past, once the lands are all claimed, the game will generate more land or plots that can be claimed.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Does make me wonder if there is a critical mass where it no longer becomes viable to do this. Still have nightmares that was archage land buying and all the bots that made it essentially impossible. Really hope the resolution for fractured works.

Is this going to affect resource production? I guess it will just produce more of the same resources that are generalized for the area.

@Esoba said in Land Problem?:

Does make me wonder if there is a critical mass where it no longer becomes viable to do this. Still have nightmares that was archage land buying and all the bots that made it essentially impossible. Really hope the resolution for fractured works.

ArcheAge would indeed be a lot more enjoyable, if rules of claiming the land were a bit different (I have no problem with limited land mass, that's expected with non instance open world housing) to eliminate operation (exploits) of those land bots.

If land business was purely economical, without those bots, it would have been OK.

i think one thing you are all forgetting that needs to be addressed is that when you take over a plot of land, it is planned to decay unless maintained. Sure, there can be very few plots available right off, due to a flood of players, but if someone is offline for a month, they will probably lose their plot, and it will become available for other players to take control of.

This will majorly help in preventing lack of available space, as ownership isn't permanent. I am pretty sure that guilds are planned to be able to build townships as well. So if a guild has 20 players, that would be 20 players sharing 1 plot of land, making the available spaces exponentially larger.

Also to note, there are going to be 3 different planets/maps. So the population of players will be further spread out than we got in the alpha, and possibly will get in the beta, depending how much the devs develope by that point.

The Map is really large, there shouldn't be any need to worry about this until around the release date.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured