Mail & COD

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I would prefer a player run mail system, as suggested by @kellewic and @Jairone. Humans would be the best fit for this role, as they can travel to Arboreus and Tartaros more easily. Or, it could be a joint operation. Players could give this service the goods along with a sum of money depending on the distance that the goods need to travel. Then, there could be some sort of caravan to wherever the goods need to go, or in the case of interworld travel, to a worldgate. This would make the risk a lot higher than just being able to teleport items.

Also, since players can't carry items through the teleport gates, I doubt the items can go by themselves through such a gate either.

@wolfkomodo46 said in Mail & COD:

Also, since players can't carry items through the teleport gates, I doubt the items can go by themselves through such a gate either.

Um - items can get through gates somehow - the Devs specifically mentioned using Arboreus materials in constructing a Syn home. I'd assume it's by being carried by players? not sure how it would work, otherwise?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

yes they can. it's the only way to get materials off a planet via the gates outside of being forced teleported off the planet. i expect to see caravans read to enter the portal so materials can be farmed and returned.

• Wiki Editor

@jetah said in Mail & COD:

yes they can. it's the only way to get materials off a planet via the gates outside of being forced teleported off the planet. i expect to see caravans read to enter the portal so materials can be farmed and returned.

It's the on-world gateways that won't allow resources - those are created to allow fast travel of people on the same world.

The stargates I assume will allow resource for the reasons already described.

@TheRippyOne @Jetah Sorry for not clarifying. As @kellewic said, I meant the on-world gates. I am aware that items can be moved between worlds.

@wolfkomodo46 Then I'm also sorry - I saw "gate" and thought the interworld one - I hadn't thought of the intra-world one. So, it's also my mistake.

@wolfkomodo46 @kellewic

when did we get interplanetary gates? I thought it was all walk or use a mount.

• @jetah

Interplanetary gates are how you get between planets. If you mean intraplanetary, then they're mentioned in second spotlight.

@therippyone said in Mail & COD:

I'm not sure that the town requirements are low enough that one person can incorporate (And I can't help but think the strain would be a monster - 1 dude building 6 houses - ow), but the point is well taken.

In the Housing & Towns Q&A Jacopo said there will be three different town area sizes. For now the amount of houses needed to keep it at a town are 5, 10 and 20. So... with the 6 additional character slots you get from the Kinght Pledge, you end up with 9 slots which enables you to almost keep a medium sized area as a town. Alone. Now if a few people do this fom one guild... 😁

And if you get yourself the Immortal Pledge, you gain lifetime free carpeneter, so... build them once and keeping them up should not be a problem.

Of course there wonΒ΄t be many people buying such a pricy Peldge Pack, but it would still be a posibility!

@therippyone said in Mail & COD:

I don't remember the devs saying that, but I'm not paying too much attention to the housing materials atm, so I'll believe you XD

I am too lazy to look for the right Q&A, maybe I will later this day, but I checked the Housing and Town Q&A, at least it was not meantioned in there πŸ™‚

• Wiki Editor

@target said in Mail & COD:

@jetah

Interplanetary gates are how you get between planets. If you mean intraplanetary, then they're mentioned in second spotlight.

Yeah, specifically mentioned as a fast way to group up with friends which is why they don't allow things like wagons through so to trade you do have to travel overland. Also, to use them you have to have already discovered them so not immediately available.

in relation to the mail I think it would be interesting for each guild to have a delivery system limited to the city, in the case of deliveries between planets, it would be better for the player himself to handle this personally. ✌

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think having a mail system to contact another player would be interesting but due to what we know currently about the travel I don't think it should be used to store or send items.

In WOW it made sense since there was an auction house you could drop your goods off at to sell and if someone purchased it would get delivered that way. The way Fractured seems to be set up is there will not be a global/race auction house. Each town will have sellers. So if the best blacksmith is 4 towns over I need to take the risk of traveling with the money to go get whatever I'm buying and then travel back. Or the blacksmith needs to take the risk of traveling to another town to sell their goods.

A player/guild run FedEx or UPS system would be interesting. Especially if you can do insurance on packages/goods just in case πŸ™‚

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured