Discord store announced

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@jahlon said in Discord store announced:

Discord could actually lower the price by taking a lower percentage cut and then pass that on to their consumers.

Take Monster Hunter World for example

$59.99 on Steam Direct
    $53.99 on Humble Bundle

Discord could also offer it for $53.99 directly which might inspire someone to buy it on Discord vs Steam.

Now, Square is going to get their $42 either way. Discord might be willing to take a $11.99 cut vs a $17.99 cut.

For some reason, it doesn't work that way. In the past you could by a boxed game in a physical store or a digital version online. The online version should be cheaper, it wasn't. Some devs sell on their own site, on steam and on shop that sell steam keys. The game should be cheaper on the devs site and most expensive on the reseller site. But that doesn't happen.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah it all depends on numbers. 65% of 10 000 is still more then 100% out of 1000 🙂 They said they'll think about going to steam post release. If it looks good for them they'll do it.
    And the in game shop can be probably still separated from steam.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@tulukaruk
    I doubt steam wants a separate cash shop though because they miss the revenue.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Fractured will probably not be using the Discord store anytime soon. I mean for starters they need to have an actual game to sell on it. This could be 3~4 years away, by which point anything could happen to the Discord store.

A lot of people are growing increasingly unhappy with Discord. Its rising star status is making it lazy and complacent; they're not on the ball about addressing user concerns like they used to be, and we still keenly feel the scars from when Microsoft acquired Skype and transformed it from the premier p2p chat service into a trash heap.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@fibs
    only problem i have is they're using a vote system to get things added. which is good because they know people will use/want it but it's bad because some things are better than others.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured