In- Game Currency / Resource Rules?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

General Question, I know the game is still in development, I've been following a lot of Sandbox Games, and have some questions in regards to backing this game.

1.) The question is what are the rules on (Real Money Trading.), or Rather Giving away Resources, Items, or Currency to others users, friends, or guilds. (Not talking about China Farmers, or Botting / Automation Hacks of any type.)

Generally asking will a person get banned for trading, giving away items, or receiving items, Without anything of Equal Value in return?

I know this is kinda stupid to ask and i've been gaming 20+ Years, but out of every Sandbox MMORPG I've played I ran into Albion Online like 4 years ago, backed the game for 3 years, and got banned in 2017 just for accepting an investment from a group of friends in game trading, and they kinda have this stupid rule that says if you don't trade anything of Equal Value, they will assume you paid Real Money, and ban your account, which really disgusts me that CSR acts like Dictators, and censorship people complaining even though they admit that "Evidence" was reviewed, but may not have been accurate in a (CSR) ticket, but that game was made in G******.

So far this game does look like it could be a better Albion for sure, and it's developed in Italy? Can't really say i've played a game from over there before, so I am not really familiar with the Rules of games from other countries, usually most I play are from U.S, or other European Region like "Black Desert".

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@muker Thanks is that the proper place to ask, there's only 4 days remaining on a backer option for this game, and I only see it talking about like Currency Ideas, not so much the actual "Terms OF Service" of the game if players can freely trade on release, or risk like losing an entire account, or the stance on "Real Money Trading".

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@lilithdragonflower Discussions are designed to expand. I referred you to that topic, as the main position of that topic was "currency", your there is also appropriate, that's all.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

you can read this as a "Terms of service" : https://fracturedmmo.com/terms-of-service/

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Read the Terms OF Service, says nothing about any questions I ask, so far onlly a Moderator says it wouldn't likely result in a ban.

Any confirmation from the actual "Managers" or "Company Employee?"

15 hours to go would like to throw a package on kickstarter.

• Asking on the kickstarter page might have a higher chance of Prometheus noticing it.

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @LilithDragonFlower, sorry for the slow reply, hectic days eheh. No, we're not going to ban people for trading items or resources without getting an equal or similar value in return, it's madness. It's something players could do for many legitimate reasons. I wasn't aware other companies did that - if they do, it's not related to the country they're from, it's just a policy they have.

Of course this doesn't mean we're not going to ban gold sellers and players who engage in RMT for game items. We will keep the attention on those practices very high.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@prometheus said in In- Game Currency / Resource Rules?:

Hi @LilithDragonFlower, sorry for the slow reply, hectic days eheh. No, we're not going to ban people for trading items or resources without getting an equal or similar value in return, it's madness. It's something players could do for many legitimate reasons. I wasn't aware other companies did that - if they do, it's not related to the country they're from, it's just a policy they have.

Of course this doesn't mean we're not going to ban gold sellers and players who engage in RMT for game items. We will keep the attention on those practices very high.

Awesome thanks for the reply, just had to be sure on this, although i've missed the KS event now, but perhaps there will be other packs for sale at a later time, just think dragons are cool...

And yeah they are the only company that's actually banned anyone for that rule of exchange in equal value i've never seen or experienced that in any other game.

As far as Real Money Trading, personally I can see why companies don't want others making profit off their games / intellectual property so most companies ban this, although from a personal aspect I really don't care what people do with their money as long as they are not in a game soliciting, or spamming chat for selling currency, or using illegal bots to macro / bot to sell items but assuming two clean players who play legitimate decide to quit and sell (Their Time) for items to a fiend for example and give away all items to another person I personally see nothing wrong with this, it's what happened when I used to play Arche Age I had 3 friends quit all gave me their land and stuff for like $50.

But the problem with (Albion Online) is their game allowed people to buy (Gold) and convert it to (Silver) thus a lot of (3rd Party Gold Sellers) were buying lots of currency using stolen credit cards, and other various methods, then selling it to other people and doing a charge-back, even in some cases people who innocent would get banned for accepting trades with others who either participated, or did something they shouldn't have illegally.

^ This is something I hope this game can avoid having a "Real Money Exchange" like this to the point where players can commit fraud causing problems for the company, and for the player base, ganes like EVE Online" where players can sell Tokens for premium, or Cash Shop items are fine given there is a hold for all first time buyers of currency or something to help prevent these types of actions.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured