Strength of Player Factions?

• @chrightt said in Strength of Player Factions?:

Care to share what game design prevents large guilds from constantly dominating?

Because the guild member cap is limited by how much territory a guild owns, a guild can only grow as large as it can effectively defend its territory. And because of travel limitations, holding territory will likely become increasingly difficult the more of it a guild has.

Probably not a complete solution, but they already seem to be considering the problem.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@jianzen
    so you're ok with no pvp, no invasions, nothing just harvesting and building? if enough guilds band together they could stop all pvp (unless you're anti-pvp). the game would lose part of it's core.

• On the topic of guild and alliance sizes.. I like the concept of an upkeep cost.. think of it as a size tax. Be it resources or food.

This could be applied to territories and or guilds/alliances themselves. As your territories increase, they require something.. This something (maybe resources or food) scale as more territories come online. Same concept with guilds/alliances.. Sure, you could have an unlimited number of members or territories.. Is the upkeep worth it? Maybe the upkeep to maintain the guild hall or something scales as people join. imagine tiers with multipliers of resource requirement.. < 100 Members 0.25 resources per 24 hours. 101-200 0.35, etc etc..

I'm very interested in how this all plays out.. Many old friends in AO left because of these very types of systems being so poorly designed and the indirect negative play style they force.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I hope for two things:

1. Increased upkeep the more settlements you control. Owning more after a certain points becomes to much of a no-life grind for resources. So no insanely huge guilds in the long run.

2. An "outnumbered" buff for a defending guild that owns a single settlement if it gets besieges by a very large guild or alliance. Keep the political landscape divers.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@jetah said in Strength of Player Factions?:

@jianzen
    so you're ok with no pvp, no invasions, nothing just harvesting and building? if enough guilds band together they could stop all pvp (unless you're anti-pvp). the game would lose part of it's core.

No, I never said that. I simply said that if the devs want to prevent that from happening, they should do so visibly and explicitly, not creating accounts to deliberately change events.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

That being said, I think the idea of a scaling tax or upkeep is a very good idea. It would also help prevent inactive players or groups from hoarding land.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

This thread isnt wrong, my guild eXploited is probably the biggest demon clan in Fractured at the moment, and we just keep growing due to people seeing how big we are then they just mindlessly apply to the guild without reading the fine print. So, yeah most players who are weak and or want to be on the winning side will most likely go to the biggest guild. You can use eXploited for the time being, since we're big because people see us on the leaderboard, and then just apply without fully knowing our plan and goals.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I support the idea, of a random event {Example: Meteor Strike} that wipes the planet, on expansion release, (if and only 1 or 2 guilds control everything.) instead of actual seasons... Seasons kind of lack immersion in traditional mmos in my opinion.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@sparky uhh, its only for starter because majority still need to learn game mechanic, once the game launch people will create their own guild, just like albion

then i only applied to exploited for the quest point

@kingexodus said in Strength of Player Factions?:

I support the idea, of a random event {Example: Meteor Strike} that wipes the planet, on expansion release, (if and only 1 or 2 guilds control everything.) instead of actual seasons... Seasons kind of lack immersion in traditional mmos in my opinion.

agree, i'd prefer add random event than predictable event, it gives more life to the world

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@ruderoo I think you sort of wrong on things. 😛

There are other demons clans just we're the largest at the moment.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@sparky now that they announced localization the numbers you referred to mean nothing atm

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine Not really, since they never really confirmed if they going to use localization servers or just one big server just yet. You should of read more into it, and you'll see what they are doing.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Benseine
    @Sparky

I read it as, we will add new servers 'If and only If they are really needed" as in:

1. (latency/server issues are really bad)
      Or
    2. Player population skyrockets, and theres just too many players.

they are just trying to ease peoples fears honestly I believe...you can never please everyone

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@sparky @KingExodus they confirmed it yesterday, check the news:

Once the userbase grows (or from the start, if large enough), we can start deploying regional servers. The first obvious split is from US East to US Central + EU Central, but that’s really up to player demand. Eventually, we could have a full server layout as such:

US West
    US East
    Europe West
    Europe East
    South-East Asia
    South America
    Australia

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Benseine yeah i know. I prefer 1 server, but it is what it is, I will still play.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine Yeah, I prefer one server but don't think our numbers will go down as much as you think, since only like 10 percent of the people who applied to the guild are randoms and don't know them fully.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured