Problems with everyone being able to gather, craft, tame, etc...

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I also think that a lot of us plan on being around so long that eventually we'll pretty much have to take on professions and such to keep things interesting.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@spoletta

Crafting progression? what ? where is that stated?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Having some kind of progression system related to professions is almost standard in MMORPGs, therefore, I would be surprised if there would not be one in Fractured as well.

• Content Creator

@Tuoni Then again, as a Horizontal Development focused game, instead of Vertical, and with Fractured's determination to try to not just play 'Follow the leader' in regards to industry standards like that, it very well may be that they avoid the progression grind system and keep it more open.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Spoletta showed me the discord post by Jacopo..
    My bet is a discount on crafting costs... or bonus materials from smelting? or base increase in heat of smelter? or decrease in smelting/tanning times? any would be very worth while !
    There was the quality crafting system, but it was scrapped -for good reason- and replaced with enchanting.

@GamerSeuss said in Problems with everyone being able to gather, craft, tame, etc...:

@Tuoni Then again, as a Horizontal Development focused game, instead of Vertical, and with Fractured's determination to try to not just play 'Follow the leader' in regards to industry standards like that, it very well may be that they avoid the progression grind system and keep it more open.

The progression system can off course follow the same approach as skills and abilities. Vertical progression can be calm and perks after milestones small but it is important to have typical RPG progression elements or otherwise people will get bored fast. If everyone are master crafters starting from day one that would be really boring system especially from profession oriented players point of view. Therefore, I am not surprised if devs are working on this already, according to Olive's last post.

If professions have specializations that also makes the market and trade more alive because then people will be less self-sufficient. If at some point a certain area lacks of a specific resource that will not be a problem at all because always some people sees this as an oppurtunity to make a good amount of money. The player-driven economy typically balances itself and prices go up and down unless there is too much supply. Now if everyone can easily gather and craft everything, that means less need for trade in general, and on top of that markets can easily have a lot of stuff which does not actually sell.

In Albion Online the market plays quite well and it is easy to sell resources and most of the items that you have crafted. The system works because all kind of resources are needed constantly and people can specialize to certain professions. Additionally, it is really statisfying when a lot of trading is happening all the time and goods will sell easily. I hope this will be the case also in Fractured.

Now we have a long testing period waiting so we at least have a lot of time to test things out. I will personally focus test and examine economy related stuff and how professions and trading works. That is typically what I like to do in MMORPGs and perhaps my background working in business and financial sectors have something to do with this as well. 😅

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured