Upgradable Pets

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I was thinking about pets ingame, some games u Have cosmetic pets, some combat pets others pets where u can access your vault etc. How about a pet which could do all that and maybe more but it takes time and work.

Pets start as cosmetic, but u can upgrade it to also be a combat pet, then upgrade it further to allow access to your vault etc the list goes on. Smaller upgrades could be skins or Type of pets, colours of pets or outfits, improved combat, improved spawn time etc.

To upgrades your pet could be via a number of ways, quests, crafting, special items from instances or even pvp.

What do u guys think

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

if i kill it can i loot your vault? can i own the pet?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah If you kill him, you can loot his body, but he will not move a lot πŸ˜› Don't know if combat pet will be impemented in game, as it could make a difference in battle, and devs wont it (after, it depend of the stats, the damage it give,...). But the idea for new skin and wault is great ^^ The pet can grow over time πŸ™‚

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@daz said in Upgradable Pets:

Pets start as cosmetic, but u can upgrade

Pets should not be a shop item. It would be much better and much more rewarding, if you could tame pets as a skill. It would be similar to reanimation of undead for necromancy magic, animation of constructs for restoration magic.

In addition, to get better pets, you would have to track them and successfully tame them.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@esher said in Upgradable Pets:

@jetah If you kill him, you can loot his body, but he will not move a lot πŸ˜› Don't know if combat pet will be impemented in game, as it could make a difference in battle, and devs wont it (after, it depend of the stats, the damage it give,...). But the idea for new skin and wault is great ^^ The pet can grow over time πŸ™‚

The Charisma stat is all about controlling pets. πŸ˜›

We know there are cosmetic pets as one is obtainable from the foundation, but I doubt that we'll be able to use those for combat as they are purely cosmetic. But like I said, you can be a beast master through Charisma. πŸ˜‰

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah hahaha you always try to find something new to steal πŸ˜‚.

@dybuk

Cosmetic pets means they can’t participate in combat. WoW has non-combat pets which are cosmetic only granting no combat benefits.

It doesn’t mean they are specific to a cash shop.

@Finland

Yes.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu I was talking about the pet stats ^^ Yes you need Charisma to control your pet, but, if devs include some combat pets, they need to have some stats too ^^

@vengu I was talking about the pet stats ^^ Yes you need Charisma to control your pet, but, if devs include some combat pets, they need to have some stats too ^^

why couldn't species of pets be controlled by different stats? Some pets may want strong leaders, so strength is the primary. Some pets may want wisdom or intelligence leaders. some may want dexterous leaders, etc.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah It's say in the spotlight with attributes. Charisma will determine the amount of pet and companions we can control, and we can charm other creatures. After, yes, different pet races can have different minds (as you said, strong leaders, pacific leaders,...), but I don't know if it will be implemented in-game πŸ˜•

@jetah It's say in the spotlight with attributes. Charisma will determine the amount of pet and companions we can control, and we can charm other creatures. After, yes, different pet races can have different minds (as you said, strong leaders, pacific leaders,...), but I don't know if it will be implemented in-game πŸ˜•

i'll find that and post a comment on it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in Upgradable Pets:

why couldn't species of pets be controlled by different stats? Some pets may want strong leaders, so strength is the primary. Some pets may want wisdom or intelligence leaders. some may want dexterous leaders, etc.

It was mentioned in Spotlight #5, that stats of player will not change almost at all. Only some changes can be aquired by talent trees - tops +2 to a specific stat in different branches. This means you would be locked out from getting some pets, if it was based on different stats.

I think this could be implemented, but as a secondary feat. Some kind of bonus for pet for having a 'compatible' master.
    It doesn't even have to be connected to only stats, but for example to magic/fighting styles that the player is using.
    A wild boar pet could get a bonus from high strength or constitution, a Skeleton could get bonus from player using necromantic school of magic and Fantasy Dragon could get bonus from master using illusion magic, etc.

@jetah said in Upgradable Pets:

@dybuk

Cosmetic pets means they can’t participate in combat. WoW has non-combat pets which are cosmetic only granting no combat benefits.

Ok, I get it. But since you can have more then one battle pet, wouldn't cosmetic pets just get in the way and add chaos to controlling battle pets? I can imagine a situation when pets get to cluster one next to another and you cannot select the right one, cause the cosmetic pet gets selected instead.
    In WoW a Hunter can have only one battle pet active at a time. I guess this will not be a case in Fractured.

@vengu said in Upgradable Pets:

We know there are cosmetic pets as one is obtainable from the foundation

Are you 100% sure that the pet from Foundation is only cosmetic? Maybe it is a fighting pet?
    I do not know if it was mentioned somewhere.

@dybuk we dont know anything about it. the statement could have been specifically about battle pets and had nothing to do with charming critters. a good game wouldn't allow critters to be targeted to prevent the situation you mentioned.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Sounds cool

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Maybe that shoud be class restricted, some classes are pet classes and though can upgrade, but other classes might be to strong with that option?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@sebastian said in Upgradable Pets:

Maybe that shoud be class restricted, some classes are pet classes and though can upgrade, but other classes might be to strong with that option?

There are no classes in Fractured. Read the spotlight about the knowledge system. πŸ˜„

• DymStudios - CEO

@daz said in Upgradable Pets:

I was thinking about pets ingame, some games u Have cosmetic pets, some combat pets others pets where u can access your vault etc. How about a pet which could do all that and maybe more but it takes time and work.
    Pets start as cosmetic, but u can upgrade it to also be a combat pet, then upgrade it further to allow access to your vault etc the list goes on. Smaller upgrades could be skins or Type of pets, colours of pets or outfits, improved combat, improved spawn time etc.

Fractured features both cosmetic pets and ones that actually fight - but it's two separate things. The former are store perks (or anyway rewards, such as those in The Foundation), they just follow you and can't be harmed. The latter are obtained and trained in game - yes, you can train them too! :slight_smile:

@prometheus I'd suggest adding some as rewards from bosses. Destiny 2 had issues with all cosmetic rewards being obtainable from loot boxes. There was no reason to kill raid bosses each week after your gear was capped because there was nothing there.

I have always collected pets in every game, its what kept me interested in WoW as long as it did as a hunter. Glad to see a full combat pet function will be in the game.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It's already kind of there cause the fendyr becomes a fire fendyr

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured