The PvE vs PvP Thread

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland demons can invade, Arboreus, it won't be immune to pvp. as per the links posted by @Logain.

@Miffi demons are able to invade Arboreus just like Logain linked. If it's part of the core game play then you can expect to be hunted and maybe killed on the PvE planet. It isn't completely immune to PvP.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I never said you can't travel there I'm just telling you that your idea of "invasion" will not happen.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@finland demons can invade, Arboreus, it won't be immune to pvp. as per the links posted by @Logain.

@Miffi demons are able to invade Arboreus just like Logain linked. If it's part of the core game play then you can expect to be hunted and maybe killed on the PvE planet. It isn't completely immune to PvP.

Yeah you can, and like I pointed out earlier, I'm happy to smash you down with your debuffs. But my point is that you and others want to go out of your way to bully those who dont. Thats just a scummy attitude. You are trying to justify it whilst underhandedly having the intension of just wanting to grief.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Miffi I plan to play human but I like to take the side of beasts that does not like any pvp action! Anyway as Specter said Arboreus will have few limited and restricted areas where the pvp will be allowed on Arboreus. We also know that Arboreus is going to be the biggest planet so should not be a problme to avoid pvp zones for those who does not like pvp. I the kind of person that likes to join pvp when I want and not to be forced. Bu hey the siege mechanic for humas looks so cool πŸ˜›

@finland said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@jetah I never said you can't travel there I'm just telling you that your idea of "invasion" will not happen.

As per Spotlight #1:

Since the Fracture, demons have developed an evergrowing contempt towards beastmen and humans alike, and so did their god. Maddened by revenge, Babilis gave its progeny the ability to travel to other planets way more easily than humans and beastmen can do, allowing them to spread death and chaos to Syndesia and Arboreus. These travels of horrors can’t be permanent, however, as the demon body gets debilitated over time, eventually forcing them to return home.

that means demons can invade Arboreus. Just like my idea of an invasion.

@Miffi Demons don't give a flying pancake about bullies or being nice. they want to spread chaos and death, they don't care where. Sure they may be debuffed but with enough of them raiding it might not matter. Again I'll say griefing doesn't happen when you know it's possible to be in a PvP scenario anytime outside of the protected areas.

@logain You missed this:

No, I pointed out that there's a vast difference between 'restricted' and impossible.

If we are going to lose players because they will not be allowed to kill where and what they want on Arboreus I will be happy! That's the worst part of a community and luckly the smallest "niche".

Great, I'm happy you're going to enjoy this. See, I'd say people buying their way up in the game with real life money and forum worries that try to get others banned, while happily dissing others from their save spot aren't the top of the cream either. To each his own.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

Great, I'm happy you're going to enjoy this. See, I'd say people buying their way up in the game with real life money and forum worries that try to get others banned, while happily dissing others from their save spot aren't the top of the cream either. To each his own.

I have never shopped a single thing ;). I just want stop those selling gold (big companies or normal players). About the players that like to play safely well sorry bro but that's the biggest part πŸ˜‰ numbers talks

As per Spotlight #1:

Since the Fracture, demons have developed an evergrowing contempt towards beastmen and humans alike, and so did their god. Maddened by revenge, Babilis gave its progeny the ability to travel to other planets way more easily than humans and beastmen can do, allowing them to spread death and chaos to Syndesia and Arboreus. These travels of horrors can’t be permanent, however, as the demon body gets debilitated over time, eventually forcing them to return home.

that means demons can invade Arboreus. Just like my idea of an invasion.

@Miffi Demons don't give a flying pancake about bullies or being nice. they want to spread chaos and death, they don't care where. Sure they may be debuffed but with enough of them raiding it might not matter. Again I'll say griefing doesn't happen when you know it's possible to be in a PvP scenario anytime outside of the protected areas.

It does happen, just mean you can do it within the rules of the game. Doesnt change that its still grieving. I'm happy for you to try and ill be actively looking for people like you. Most of us will be in parties and it will be fun to be godlike with our buffs to destroy your hopes of spreading 'chaos'/grieving lol πŸ™‚ anyway, as Logain pointed out its pointless until they release the spotlight and everything is explained. I was merely pointing out that the reason you get so much pushback is because you want to force those who do not like to PvP, to PvP. In the same way you dont want PvP restricted or removed, you just dont seem to understand the other sides points.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Unless certain guilds go there in large groups

• TF#10 - CONSUL

As Benseine said, yes, some guilds can concert themselves to plan an invasion on Arboreus, and it's to the beastmen to fight them off. I prefer to see it like a "big event" or something, and not constant raids just to kill beastmen ^^ After, demons are not allowed in certain areas, beastmen can take refuge in those areas.

@miffi

there's limited pvp on the pve planet. it isn't 100% no pvp, that's all i'm trying to say. I want to go there for the challenge, either solo, a group or a raid. to me it'll be fun watching the post on the forums about how the beast planet was invaded and they assumed it couldn't happen.

I'd love to fight beastkin on their planet or human or demon. to me it's all equal and there are no innocents nor is there any griefing. if you're outside of the area where demons can't enter then expect to fight. to me it's that plain.

it's possible that Arboreus is 75% protected, it's possible it's 50% or even 90% protected.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@miffi

there's limited pvp on the pve planet. it isn't 100% no pvp, that's all i'm trying to say. I want to go there for the challenge, either solo, a group or a raid. to me it'll be fun watching the post on the forums about how the beast planet was invaded and they assumed it couldn't happen.

I'd love to fight beastkin on their planet or human or demon. to me it's all equal and there are no innocents nor is there any griefing. if you're outside of the area where demons can't enter then expect to fight. to me it's that plain.

it's possible that Arboreus is 75% protected, it's possible it's 50% or even 90% protected.

Demons will be allowed to enter everywhere I think! But the pvp wil be turned off in a big portion of the planet.

Making PvP difficult on Arboreus will make it some people see it as a challenge.
    Like in the old days of WoW, Stormwind city was said to never see PvP and being a safe place... Until a huge a group of Horde invaded Stormwind city and killed everyone and everything. We actually crashed the server because of it... good times.

So we can only speculate right now at how "safe" Arboreus will be from PvP. Maybe there is a magic bubble that can only be crossed by neutral or better alignments and prevents any evil from crossing.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@miffi said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@phaethonas said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@finland said in ❗ Issue | Goldsellers and DDoS attacks:

@phaethonas said in ❗ Issue | Goldsellers and DDoS attacks:

Fractured has a planet solely for pve? Tell that to the demon horde when it invades that planet and starts killing and pillaging

So once there will be no more beasts what do you plan to do? Move to another game?

Look's like that the main purpose is killing beasts (pvers). You can fight humans and demons too. But pkers/gankers like you never mention them. I really hope that devs will keep an eye on your kind of considerations.

My main purpose is not to kill pvers. And the moment pvers leave (if that happens, which I doubt), then I will be killing pvpers.

What I did say was that if you chose to be a beastkin, don't expect to leave peacefully ever after. The game has the concept of demon invasions.

As to my preferences? They are not that important as long as I accept the game for what it is. To your own words, you want to force changes to the game.

I think the problem most pve'rs have is that you want to force pvp on them. Its your going out of your way for targeting those who want no part of it. I personally dont mind, I like pvp. No so much grieving, ganking and just being scummy but pvp im down for. But a lot of those going beastkin are doing so to avoid people like you unfortunately. The idea is this, you want to pvp? Thats fine, go ahead and do so with the others who want to also. But dont force those who dont to do so. Thats why they are condemning that playstyle because its a bully mentality.

I am not trying to force anything to anyone.

If a beastkin wants to hide during a demon invasion that is just fine. Does he/she want to log out and log back in when the invasion has stopped? That is fine as well.

Me (a demon) invading the beast planet is not "forcing someone to pvp" and it is not "bullying". Me invading the beast planet is part of the game's gameplay.

If someone doesn't like that concept, then he/she doesn't like this game. As such I would urge that person to reconsider being at this game as well as games like EVE, Dual Universe, Crowfall, Camelot Unchained and others like that. They can go and play a number of other pve centric/oriented games.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@evolgrinz well open world pvp in wow is different. You had to fight npc and boss also that was defending the city but keep in mind that wow does not have full loot that's the reason. Players will avoid mostly if they can risk to lose thing. Players will not join pvp just for fun like happend on wow (any level, any gear, any skill)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If someone doesn't like that concept, then he/she doesn't like this game. As such I would urge that person to reconsider being at this game as well as games like EVE, Dual Universe, Crowfall, Camelot Unchained and others like that. They can go and play a number of other pve centric/oriented games.

I could tell you the same. First of all Fractured is not a PvP only oriented game but both! So people will enjoy both style of gameplay. Second there are no great games around for those who does not like gank fests. Wow (bored after 11 yeas), gw2 (sucks), eos (does not look so attractive to me), Diablo(it's just a cop-op) end of the story.

Stop thinking about Fractured as a PvP oriented game. Demons will "invade" Arboreus well you will not allowed to kill people in the most of the planet ;). You will invade and the people will move out from unsafe zones. Easy peasy.

The point is not only the dungeons/raids content. The point is to play and join pvp only when you want without be forced to be engaged h24 7/7. For example if they woul remove full loot I will not care to have open pvp everywhere ;). Full loot is like you in real life that work for 40 years to buy an expensive car and someday a thief steals it.

@miffi said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@finland said in ❗ Issue | Goldsellers and DDoS attacks:

@phaethonas said in ❗ Issue | Goldsellers and DDoS attacks:

Fractured has a planet solely for pve? Tell that to the demon horde when it invades that planet and starts killing and pillaging

So once there will be no more beasts what do you plan to do? Move to another game?

Look's like that the main purpose is killing beasts (pvers). You can fight humans and demons too. But pkers/gankers like you never mention them. I really hope that devs will keep an eye on your kind of considerations.

My main purpose is not to kill pvers. And the moment pvers leave (if that happens, which I doubt), then I will be killing pvpers.

What I did say was that if you chose to be a beastkin, don't expect to leave peacefully ever after. The game has the concept of demon invasions.

As to my preferences? They are not that important as long as I accept the game for what it is. To your own words, you want to force changes to the game.

I think the problem most pve'rs have is that you want to force pvp on them. Its your going out of your way for targeting those who want no part of it. I personally dont mind, I like pvp. No so much grieving, ganking and just being scummy but pvp im down for. But a lot of those going beastkin are doing so to avoid people like you unfortunately. The idea is this, you want to pvp? Thats fine, go ahead and do so with the others who want to also. But dont force those who dont to do so. Thats why they are condemning that playstyle because its a bully mentality.

I am not trying to force anything to anyone.

If a beastkin wants to hide during a demon invasion that is just fine. Does he/she want to log out and log back in when the invasion has stopped? That is fine as well.

Me (a demon) invading the beast planet is not "forcing someone to pvp" and it is not "bullying". Me invading the beast planet is part of the game's gameplay.

Thats true, I can see some merit to your point. But what people are doing is voicing that they dont want that as part of the game. It hasnt been developed yet and in reality whats the point of alienating a fair part of the player market. Lets be honest, most of those who are going beastkin are pve oriented people. 'Carebears' as some would call. It would be unwise to implement a mechanic that thoroughly ruined the gameplay experience for them. Thats just the truth of it, they dont want it. Personally I dont want it removed, but most dont want to be worried every minute of time they play that someones just going to kill and take all the stuff, and thats a warranted fear.

You are right that if it is part of the game in a much greater manner than we are expecting that they shouldn't play the game and move on to another, but if they do, you have a very small population on your hands.... and thats not good for anyone.

@Finland and according to devs and the spotlight, there are sacred places where evil cannot enter. That leads me to believe some of the planet won't be accessible to evil aligned players.

@EvolGrinZ ^. I'll speculate that 25-50% of the planet will be safe for beastkin.

@Finland We don't know what part of the planet will be safe for beastkin. and we have insurance to cover things in RL. I'm wanting to speculate that Fractured will have easy accessible gear, especially for the beastkin who won't be pvping all the time.

@Miffi there is a pre-alpha happening now, or at least there's some internal testing.

I believe there will be some planet wide notification when demons invade. I really hope to see many of the beastkin there to push back the demons.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Finland and according to devs and the spotlight, there are sacred places where evil cannot enter. That leads me to believe some of the planet won't be accessible to evil aligned players.

I don't like much the idea about the no access. I prefer just pvp off but all can enter. The only limitation fo evil alignments would be the cities where the guards can turn and fight evil players.

@Finland We don't know what part of the planet will be safe for beastkin. and we have insurance to cover things in RL. I'm wanting to speculate that Fractured will have easy accessible gear, especially for the beastkin who won't be pvping all the time.

Yeah we need to see how the game will work but as you know we are going to the a part of syndesia only in the begining ;). So we can talk alot about our wishes considering that's not implemented ;).

@finland

I believe the idea is it's a 'holy' area and 'evil' can't enter. I hate common areas for multiple factions that have no pvp. Dalaran, Shatt were horrible places. I understand the 'neutral' aspect but it's annoying none the less.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured