Upgrade Eternal Pack

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hi all,

Found the game about 3 days ago, been reading everything in the Wiki and forums since.

I already purchased the "Champion Pack," and can't wait to get into this incredible sounding world and have some fun.

One thing I would say though, is that I wanted to purchase the "Eternal Pack," but it just didn't feel to me like the extra features that it came with justified the additional price.

Yes, I know, this is 100% subjective. Anyone who disagrees opinion is equally valid. I'm simply stating that for myself, as a consumer who wants to support this game to the maximum (but also wants good value for their hard earned money) I would strongly recommend at least considering adding in some additional goodies to make the Eternal Pack really feel like great value.

A List of Ideas (*Note, I am not asking, and in fact do not want pay 2 win, these are suggestions only):

-Unique Cosmetic skin(s)
    -Additional Mount
    -Some sort of weapon aura that can be applied
    -An additional founder's property
    -Additional Pet(s)
    -Anything else that the dev team feels is appropriate, without being pay to win or unfair

TL;DR - I want an excuse to upgrade to the Eternal Pack, but just didn't feel the value received justified the additional spend. Please add some more cool features.

• Content Creator

@Zephyron Not to devalue your opinion, but enough people have already paid for the Eternal pack, or upgraded gradually to it, to already justify it at its current level. As much as getting more and more is always fun and appreciated, the Developers would actually be out of their minds to add more to a pack that is pulling its weight and then some...with the old adage of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' in mind.

What is more likely to happen, if they were to come up with new perks, would be for them to go into the Dynamite store to be bought with the Dynamite gold, or a new pack being created containing additional perks or a different variety of them.

What is sufficient value is very subjective, as you stated, however, changing it now, even if you retro-actively gave the additional perks to the people who already bought the Eternal pack, would also be an emotional slap in the face, calling the previous buyers 'suckers' for going in so low-ball and not holding out for more...leave the Eternal pack the way it is.

EDIT: If anything, the true value of the packs additional added perks won't be realized until the game launches, as none of these extras even come into play until then.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Zephyron said in Upgrade Eternal Pack:

TL;DR - I want an excuse to upgrade to the Eternal Pack, but just didn't feel the value received justified the additional spend. Please add some more cool features.

As you might have noticed yourself, the only big difference lies in the VIP duration, 12 months vs Lifetime.

The Eternal pack is clearly made for those people expecting to play this game longer then 12 months (Eternal pack, love that name) and supporting the development a bit more upfront this way.

If you're not motivated by that, Champion is your best choice and you better save that money for other things that may come available in the shop on a later moment.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GamerSeuss

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion. Adding new features and then handing them out retroactively in no way devalues or "emotionally slaps" people who already paid for the pack though. No offense, but that's kind of silly. I highly doubt any eternal pack owners will be on here complaining over getting some extra goodies if that were to happen. All good either way though, I'm fine with the champ pack.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Zephyron said in Upgrade Eternal Pack:

@GamerSeuss

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion. Adding new features and then handing them out retroactively in no way devalues or "emotionally slaps" people who already paid for the pack though. No offense, but that's kind of silly. I highly doubt any eternal pack owners will be on here complaining over getting some extra goodies if that were to happen. All good either way though, I'm fine with the champ pack.

Especially considering that they just recently changed the value of the lower packs in order to give some of them access to the alpha tests. So Dynamite has already set a precedent of changing the values of pack rewards.

I think it's bad practice to lower values. But making them better on the other hand. There is nothing wrong with that.

I tried to argue for improving the better packs with the skin chests (like you get from Foundation levels) couple months ago when Alpha access got pushed to 50€ pack from the 90€, as its something that would have to be implemented anyway (technically no extra work for devs).

I got shut down pretty fast, just like you Zeph 😕 Funnily enough, looking back at the thread, it was mainly by Seuss as well 😅

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@LonelyCookie

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong; he's entitled to his own opinion, and that's fine. Just the logic I thought was a bit wonky. For myself, I know if they decided to add some extra stuff to the champion pack, or the packs below, I wouldn't be upset at all. If anything, I'd be grateful to the devs for being generous.

Value is super subjective, the only reason I made the post is, as a business if someone wants to give you their money to support you, but won't do so because of the value proposition, I would want to know because there's a good chance others feel that way too and you're missing out on revenue.

Either way, I'm happy with the champion pack and if the test at the end of Feb goes well, I may upgrade to Eternal purely to help support such a great project.

lifetime of VIP membership.
    if you play for more than a year or so, you'll definitely get your value back.

edit: unless life is cut short.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Zori

For sure. I'll probably end up purchasing the Eternal Pack after this upcoming test, just to support the devs and this awesome project. I'm really excited to get in and try this world.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured