Winter Alpha Spotlight - Criminal System

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Gothix - pourquoi pas? My evil alt can gather gold in dasterdly ways. My good alt can use the gold to get them out of jail. Seems like it should work.

That said, I'm not the type to do evil stuff for fun - just pointing out a possible exploit in case the devs need to find a fix for it. My evil friend @Nekrage taught me to do that πŸ˜‰

@PeachMcD

They already have a big fault when they said that "a third party can bail you out".. which means, that yes... your ALT should also be able to bail you out. With a third party being able to bail you out means, that there will be guild members whose sole job will be to farm gold to bail out their upper members. The actual jail system will most likely be rarely used except by people from smaller guilds or solo players.

This is the reason why I try to sport a non-commodity to be used for the actual bail out, in order to keep it from being farmable and actually have a repercussion for doing the crime. Already, only a bounty hunter can actually send an evil player to jail, which reduces the amount of times a player will be "applicable" for jail as it is.

Anozher interesting question.

What if evil guild controls current zone? Can bounty hunter use his jailing abilility (he signed bh contract in other zone) catch evil player in "evil zone" and send him to jail that doesnt belong to local zone?

Imo that kinda wouldnt make sense... unless... evil player becomes a cargo im form of cage caravant that BH has to transport out of the evil zone sucessfully first. πŸ˜‰

@Gothix

The way I read it, the criminal goes to the jail that the Bounty Hunter signed up at (??)

If AoE affects other "blues" we are sounding like the old exploit from UO. Reds would always bring blues along just so they could turn all the blues grey and then they were attackable without penalty. However, we don't have a blue/red/grey system here. We only have good and evil correct? It seems that alot of the talk is stemming from attacking another player from an AoE toggles pvp automatically. Can players not turn that toggle off? FF should only apply to those that have pvp turned on. Otherwise AoE spells are going to be useless as they will be the target of tons of exploiting by other players as was the fact in UO. Actually with the targeting system not "locking" onto a target even melee attacks can be abused if you jump in front of a player. Players need a way to control not wanting to be in pvp if that is their choice of gameplay. Other players should not force players into pvp.

If there is time involved on jailed characters does this time only tick away while logged in? Jail was kind of pointless in UO. If you were in jail you simply left your computer logged in while you slept every night to count down the timer. I prefer a long timer such as a week and it was ticked off in real time. I don't think it should be account bound. That penalizes the player for a gameplay that is allowed. The player did nothing wrong, only their character πŸ˜‰

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Sounds good=)

@Ostaff said in Winter Alpha Spotlight - Criminal System:

@Gothix

The way I read it, the criminal goes to the jail that the Bounty Hunter signed up at (??)

Yes but it would make sense that this applies only if this jail is inside the very zone that bounty hunter catches the criminal.

If the zone is evil controlled, and its jail does not offer contracts to bounty hunters, then evil players should not be able to get jailed there.

For example if bounty hunter signs up at another good zone, then comes toevil zone and catches evil player there, he should not be able to jail him there, because THAT jail from that zone does not have contract with bounty hunter.

OPTIONALLY: bounty hunter should first cage evil player to caravan, and suceed in transporting him out of the evil zone first, in order to manage to get him to jail in a good zone.

@Gothix said in Winter Alpha Spotlight - Criminal System:

ould first cage evil player to caravan, and suceed

I would think the Bounty Hunter would get their "license" for their city's jail. Which means, that it would have to be a good city, and the evil doer will be sent to their city, even if it is zones away. Actually having to transport the criminal all the way to the jail, I think would be too much. The evil players already have a pretty big advantage in that only a "bounty hunter" can actually jail them, why make it that the bounty hunter has to actually guard them the whole way back as well?

@Ostaff said in Winter Alpha Spotlight - Criminal System:

why make it that the bounty hunter has to actually guard them the whole way back as well?

Only if player is defeated inside evil zone.

If defeated inside good zone, jail would be instant.

Ofc. jailing action could also, as you say, be available only inside good zones.

• Neat! Will be interesting to test that out in Feb.

• We will see who has it easier tomorrow. πŸ™‚

Please also note that PvP mode exists only to avoid damaging potential targets accidentally with directional abilities / projectiles and AOE effects. Once you attack someone, your victim will enter PvP mode as well. Whether a player is a potential target or not depends only on your alignment and the other player’s alignment, as explained in the first paragraph of this article.

that's going to piss off a whole bunch of the population when the game is released.

Warcraft had to change their system because AOE was causing a person to flag and was then killed by a person who intentionally flagged for PvP.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured