Suggested improvements from an addict

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Out of sheer laziness, I will list the ideas in bullet/point format. These ideas and concepts may or may not offer improved gameplay, and quality of life, but also may or may not represent the future desires/views of the devs.

Attributes:
    In the future, I would like to see removal of attribute hard caps for the races which have an affinity for that attribute, which would help provide a different playstyle for each race, on top of racial passives.

Increasing the use of attributes such as dexterity, which seems to be pretty weak at the moment. I understand that charisma is being worked with right now, so I cannot be critical of it's uselessness.

Strength: Change the strength bonus to something different from "+4% weapon damage per point". Ideally (from my perspective), it would add a separate bonus to weapon damage, not counting towards the current bonus weapon damage stat -> Damage Per Hit = Base Damage * (1 + Strength*.04)*(1 + Percent Weapon Damage Bonus), this way. This should allow more building paths overall.

Mining/Smelting
    Add random mineral nodes to the open world, aside from the city nodes (which would be more resource dense than the open world nodes).

Slightly decrease the amount of time that it takes for these minerals to respawn, for city nodes only.

Decreased time to smelt ore, 4 hours -> 3 hours.

Crafting
    Enjoyable system so far, but minor improvements may help quite a bit.

Increase the amount of fabrics available to cloth armors, I feel that mages are pretty limited by the current selection, as it only boils down to "muh primal weave". Possibly add wool, which may be with livestock farming, or alchemical weaves as well. A lot of possibility here, so please do not forgot mages.

Add a leather cost to all smithy recipes, and "advanced" bow recipes. Allow different leathers to be used for minor stat increases on these items, and the type of wood used for mage staffs to impart a bonus.

Add a weapon repair function at the smithy, whereby you have to pay a percentage of the weapons original resource cost to repair it to full, but this takes time. You would have to leave your weapon at the smithy for X hours whilst it is repaired. Also, weapon durability is awful, please increase it.

Events
    Other than the legendary NPCs which will come sometime this year, resource events such as meteor impacts, whereby large amounts of minerals are scattered around an area, but cannot be mined for a period whilst they cool down. This should increase the amount of combat between players, as they work to defend resources other than their own cities.

Enchanting
    Your enchanting system is awesome, and I can't stress this enough. I would like to see some changes in formulas, like critical strike chance, which is the same as many other different enchantments.

Further Character Development
    I may be alone in this one, but having crafting experience separate from the rest of the knowledge system would provide a good amount of crafting depth. Having separate crafting levels: weapon smith, armor smith, leather working, tailoring, fletching, mage craft, alchemy, cooking, etc... which provide quality bonuses to the item crafted based on the level of the crafter. Albion did this right (from my perspective, it is one of the few things they did do right), and it only hurts to ignore the good things done by previous games

Quality of Life
    Give us a "deposit all" option for depositing stone, coal, ore, logs... into their relative storage areas in a city, it is overly tedious to pick up each and every one of the pieces, and place it in the required spot; balance realism with "gaminess".

An auto-deposit option for placing material in chest, such as shift clicking.

An auto-run key, which toggles movement. This would prevent my hand from developing carpal tunnel when transporting goods across the world. Do this for our physical health, please.

This one is a big maybe: Allow us move to another city/point of interest via roadways by clicking on the map icon. I would love this to be implemented, and would fully expect to have to disable this to protect myself from wolves/bandits lurking along the highway.

Change the way hauling coal/charcoal/stone/metal/wood works. Allow us to place them in our inventory, but have them weigh a stupidly large amount. Then, allow the carts/wagons to store any type of item (also increasing their movement speed and resource cost), without a limit to weight cap; carts and wagons would only be limited to the inventory grid size. Such a nice quality of life change.

Rant done.
    Good stuff so far.
    Please don't ignore valid player concerns and advice.
    Take as long as you need to develop a proper game, patience is key to producing quality.

• Wiki Editor

@BECKFAST said in Suggested improvements from an addict:

Events
    Other than the legendary NPCs which will come sometime this year, resource events such as meteor impacts, whereby large amounts of minerals are scattered around an area, but cannot be mined for a period whilst they cool down. This should increase the amount of combat between players, as they work to defend resources other than their own cities.

This sounds familiar ...http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=61933&hilit=Meteor

I may be alone in this one, but having crafting experience separate from the rest of the knowledge system would provide a good amount of crafting depth. Having separate crafting levels: weapon smith, armor smith, leather working, tailoring, fletching, mage craft, alchemy, cooking, etc... which provide quality bonuses to the item crafted based on the level of the crafter. Albion did this right (from my perspective, it is one of the few things they did do right), and it only hurts to ignore the good things done by previous games

Something like this is planned, not sure how. just can say it's planned.

Enchanting
    Your enchanting system is awesome, and I can't stress this enough. I would like to see some changes in formulas, like critical strike chance, which is the same as many other different enchantments.

I like the enchanting system myself, but I feel like it needs to be improved. I go over that in this in my post https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/12224/enchanting-my-thoughts-hopes

An auto-run key, which toggles movement. This would prevent my hand from developing carpal tunnel when transporting goods across the world. Do this for our physical health, please.

That makes sense. I already use a macro to keep my key down.

Change the way hauling coal/charcoal/stone/metal/wood works. Allow us to place them in our inventory, but have them weigh a stupidly large amount. Then, allow the carts/wagons to store any type of item (also increasing their movement speed and resource cost), without a limit to weight cap; carts and wagons would only be limited to the inventory grid size. Such a nice quality of life change.

Agreed. this makes sense n the future too once someone might want to sell items in their own shop

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Mining. If u add random veins not attached to city then why would I want to traid if I can simply get it myself? Solution for this i do have. Instead of forbid by power of magical gods called devs collection of other city res, we can allow anyone steal res but if you get noticed you can be claimed as a criminal who broken law. So its more like risk vs reward mechanic. Those who violate a law can be a reason to break diplomatic connection and even be a reason for war.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@boogis Because a small amount of resource nodes wouldn't be able to support any level of manufacturing. Your idea would be nifty as well, so I don't see why we can't have both.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@BECKFAST because it will spoil identity

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@boogis I don't feel like getting into an argument, but it doesn't spoil the identity if people have to travel across the entire map to farm random resource nodes which are contested by the entire server. If anything, it promotes added PvP for contest over these nodes, and exploration to find them. I see where you're coming from, but there is no reason to stick to a single method of finding resources, or relying on trade. Allowing the game to become binary ruins much of this games point, and if anything I stated that cities would still be the primary method of gaining resources, as they would have more, and faster spawning nodes.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@BECKFAST bro, don't u worry. No arguments. We are all equal here. I just think there is no point to attach res nodes if these node are available to everyone. That's it.

• Wiki Editor

Attributes:
    In the future, I would like to see removal of attribute hard caps for the races which have an affinity for that attribute, which would help provide a different playstyle for each race, on top of racial passives.

As i understood from the initial game design, there will be differences because of Race/Subrace, Alignments and Gods.

Mining/Smelting
    Add random mineral nodes to the open world, aside from the city nodes (which would be more resource dense than the open world nodes).

I am agreeing here, because it would give solo or small group players a chance to collect this stuff. Not in a big amount, and not enough for maintaining yourself, but a slightly chance to find nodes to be able to sell that stuff to towns and get a chance to step into the economy.
    For some Farming Stuff it is already like this, since you can find wild Wheat and Cotton. Why not making this for Mining stuff too.
    BUT i am suggesting a random spawn, if they take this possibility into the game, to prevent camping a node, thats always on the same place.
    Well i wished all ressouces would spawn at random places, wild animals aswell.

Crafting

As for crafting, all your concerns are valid, but i think we already have to wait a bit for full crafting experience.
    We don't have all Crafting Stuff in game yet. Also we don't have any kind of knowledge system for Crafting yet.
    If i understood the game design idea right, they want to add Crafting receipes, that you have to learn, like you can learn abilities already. For all the Crafting Materials you just get a single time Knowledgepoints, nothing else.
    So i am expecting a more detailed system for this.
    Also if i remember, they wanted to make the system like "If you explore a material, you will learn to craft that."
    That means, there shouldn't be any kind of "knowing to craft with all materials" as long you didn't discovered them.
    Not sure how they stick at their intitial idea, that just can answer the Devs itself.

Events

If you look to the farming, you will see, there are weather effects planned.
    Also there will be a kind of Bloodmoon Event, where Demons can invade Syndesia.
    Asteroids also will be temporary things.
    So i think, we will get Events in future.

Quality of Life
    Give us a "deposit all" option for depositing stone, coal, ore, logs... into their relative storage areas in a city, it is overly tedious to pick up each and every one of the pieces, and place it in the required spot; balance realism with "gaminess".

Mixed feelings on that, but can understand well the suggestion.
    We already have this option with the Townhall deposit and at the marketplace.
    For Storage swap this funktion would be nice, but at the same time it would take the immersion out of the game.

An auto-deposit option for placing material in chest, such as shift clicking.

Absolutely agreeing. Shift-Click-Swap would make Inventory Management way easier and is something that should be in games where inventory management/movement is a regulary thing.

Using click-hold instead of multible clicking makes it better for you.
    But the Devs already said, they will think about auto-run and how and with which restrictions they want to have that.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I don't see why the resources for Unclaimed Towns can't be harvested by anyone, and only assigned to that town once it has a Governor and occupants.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured