Will there be a way to change your Attributes?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs said in Will there be a way to change your Attributes?:

Several months of commitment is ridiculous. This is a game, not a girlfriend.

The primary reason to limit the rate of changing stats should be to prevent players from exploiting it in some kind of shape-shifting meta. Even 24 hours (of active play) would suffice for this in most cases and a week+ becomes prohibitive for players who can't spend more than an hour a day playing.

Yeah primary, second come playing a game where everyone plays the same class till the next patch. Worse case was spear throwing or fireball shooting tanks in Rift, a whole battleground/arena full of them. Then I remember playing sieges in Age of Conan vs a full raid of demonologists (ok, not done by changing attributes, but powerlvling). A strong FotM tendancy in games can look really stupid and be a gamebreaker for many that love a certain playstyle, but feel like they get forced into one after a patch.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@fibs not really. I could argue that if they can't manage consistently long hours then they shouldn't be playing games or they could be playing more single player games.

How will someone who plays 1h a day, 7 hours a week, afford gear? How can afford the time to explore the other 2 planets? I'd suggest a different type of game, one that offers faster in and out.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

What do the players want? The flexibility.
    When is a game good? When it's flexible.
    Why do we want the option to reassign attributes? Because will make the character flexible, so the game will be too.

Mostly players wants the best combinations. That's why sometimes we need to rotate the attributes. We want to reassing the attributes based on the build we aim to play (spell/schoolo combinations). It's really important for hard core players.

PS. An high player base keep a game alive 😉

@finland

I'll add that if there are 3 character slots then it would help with having 'alts'. my 1 demon could be all of my demon play styles.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in Will there be a way to change your Attributes?:

@fibs not really. I could argue that if they can't manage consistently long hours then they shouldn't be playing games or they could be playing more single player games.

How will someone who plays 1h a day, 7 hours a week, afford gear? How can afford the time to explore the other 2 planets? I'd suggest a different type of game, one that offers faster in and out.

It isn't up to you or me who deserves to or "should" play a game, nor is that important. What's important is who can play the game without needless hindrance, and that should be, at the risk of generalizing, everybody who wants to.

It isn't up to you or me who deserves to or "should" play a game, nor is that important. What's important is who can play the game without needless hindrance, and that should be, at the risk of generalizing, everybody who wants to.

I worked and had about an hour or less to play a game before I went to bed. I didn't get in a game that required massive amounts of time, like Eve Online, TAB or WoW. I played Overwatch because I could get in and out in a timely manor. I never demanded or requested that other games change to suit my lack of game time.

If I were back to only having less than an hour of play time I wouldn't bother with an RPG. MOBA's or FPS would be my game of choice if they were quick enough to complete.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I worked and had about an hour or less to play a game before I went to bed. I didn't get in a game that required massive amounts of time, like Eve Online, TAB or WoW. I played Overwatch because I could get in and out in a timely manor. I never demanded or requested that other games change to suit my lack of game time.

If I were back to only having less than an hour of play time I wouldn't bother with an RPG. MOBA's or FPS would be my game of choice if they were quick enough to complete.

Ha! Take that, you other players! The game is completely identical except for the artificial time limit on changing stat builds. You'll never enjoy the game again because of me! Mwahahaha!

@fibs

i dont like the idea of being able to quickly change primary attributes. a month sounds good.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@fibs

i dont like the idea of being able to quickly change primary attributes. a month sounds good.

What are you, Peter Pan? A day / week isn't "quickly" by any stretch of the term.

@fibs

a day to swap attributes they might as well sell that in the cash shop for 5$. i'm basing this on the 'those that can only play for 1 hour a day' statement. you're asking for less than 1 hour to swap attributes. I'm asking for a month which is reasonable.

are you going to complain if it take a year to swap alignments for beastkin and demons too?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@fibs

a day to swap attributes they might as well sell that in the cash shop for 5$.

A month to swap attributes, they may as well sell accelerators in the cash shop for $5.

i'm basing this on the 'those that can only play for 1 hour a day' statement. you're asking for less than 1 hour to swap attributes.

Or you can not lie about what I said, which was "24 hours (of active play)". That would still be almost a month, for someone who only played 1 hour a day (which by the by you would have recognized as a hyperbolic example if you were arguing honestly.)

are you going to complain if it take a year to swap alignments for beastkin and demons too?

Absolutely. That's pretentious and utterly stupid.

@fibs

so anything other than instant and you're mad. got it.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@kairosval said in Will there be a way to change your Attributes?:

@severinus said in Will there be a way to change your Attributes?:

I remember playing the same MUD - wasn't it discworld? - and thinking very specifically ahead, which path to go and decisions to make.

Yes! It was!

I could remember the mechanic, but not which MUD it was from.

Wow. That takes me back. Haven't played MUDs since I was in my early teens. Over half a lifetime ago.

Really liked their multiple-node tree-based skill distribution model too.

I remember Discworld and specifically Discworld II but I can't recall an MMO/MUD game in the Discworld universe/franchise!

Not that I have played a MUD in my life, but still, it should have caught my eye!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs

a day to swap attributes they might as well sell that in the cash shop for 5$.

A month to swap attributes, they may as well sell accelerators in the cash shop for $5.

i'm basing this on the 'those that can only play for 1 hour a day' statement. you're asking for less than 1 hour to swap attributes.

Or you can not lie about what I said, which was "24 hours (of active play)". That would still be almost a month, for someone who only played 1 hour a day (which by the by you would have recognized as a hyperbolic example if you were arguing honestly.)

Absolutely. That's pretentious and utterly stupid.

The devs have said that it will take a long time to change your allignment and it will be very hard to do. Idk if it will take a year, but it definitely shows that the devs aren't afraid of making things take a long time. 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured