About Angel, Abomination, Karma and Bonuses

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Hello there, noob question here,

i read a ton of information for the past 24h about the game but i have one big question i can't find information (or maybe i didn't looked at the right place).

If Demon get bonuses on Tartaros and decay on other other planets while other races get karma decay on Tartaros, will Angel get karma decay on Tartaros and become demon again or will they keep the demon trait and be protected of this decay? (later would be weird since demon seem to be the "angels" of Badilis) And will Angel be able to stay without time limits on other planets?

To the Abomination now, Beastmen get a huge debuff from Badilis when they are on Tartaros, does it also apply to Abomination? And are abomination still able to stay on their origin world without time limit like Beastmen or do they become time-limited like Demons?

Thanks in advance for every bits of informations!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@orky If everything is simplified, that your world is completely dependent on the planet. If you're an angel, you will be sent to the planet of man-beasts, it will be your own - you will receive karma for killing demons and all, but if you attack on their (the humans and the beastmen, Rob or kill someone, your karma will drop). At the moment we have no information as of an angel to turn back into a demon (probably just lower the karma + ritual). The next moment, as the planet becomes beastmen native to the angels, then the world of demons you will get the debuff and will not be permitted to stay there for a long time (maybe you will change the God, it is not known). And all the same applies to abominations, house-Tartars, - karma for murder, theft and vast, + karma for victims in the temple and the possible side quests

• @orky said in About Angel, Abomination, Karma and Bonuses:

If Demon get bonuses on Tartaros and decay on other other planets while other races get karma decay on Tartaros, will Angel get karma decay on Tartaros and become demon again or will they keep the demon trait and be protected of this decay?

The race transformations are permanent, including the alignments of angels and abominations. We don't know if there are other things karma is used for, but for what we know so far, once you've turned into an angel or abomination karma stops being relevant in regards to your alignment.

And will Angel be able to stay without time limits on other planets?

We know they can stay permanently on Syndesia. Last we heard is that the devs are undecided if they can stay permanently on Arboreus.

To the Abomination now, Beastmen get a huge debuff from Badilis when they are on Tartaros, does it also apply to Abomination? And are abomination still able to stay on their origin world without time limit like Beastmen or do they become time-limited like Demons?

Abominations are basically treated as demons in all cases. They're accepted on Tartaros and shunned and debuffed on Arboreus.

@target said in About Angel, Abomination, Karma and Bonuses:

We know they can stay permanently on Syndesia. Last we heard is that the devs are undecided if they can stay permanently on Arboreus.

Well, even humans with Good Alignment are unable to stay on Arboreus for longer than 24/48 hours, so I think it would not make sense to allow Angels to freely roam on the "only beastmen allowed" planet, but we will see how the devs decide πŸ˜„

@orky said in About Angel, Abomination, Karma and Bonuses:

Badilis

It's Babilis.

Although badilis doesn't sound bad either now when I think about it. πŸ˜„

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

This also kinda makes me wonder about the necromancer.. would it be the human equivalent of becoming a demon? perhaps πŸ™‚ No clue yet.

• @trelia You mean liches? Yeah, they're the human equivalent of angels and abominations, they're just detached from alignment and karma.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@eurav said in About Angel, Abomination, Karma and Bonuses:

Well, even humans with Good Alignment are unable to stay on Arboreus for longer than 24/48 hours, so I think it would not make sense to allow Angels to freely roam on the "only beastmen allowed" planet, but we will see how the devs decide

Well, humans with good alignment are not locked in good alignment. They can still change their karma and be either good or bad. Angels are supposed to be always good - unable to change their alignment, therefore maybe they fit better to Arboreus.
    In addition, since Beastmen turned Abomination are condemned to Tartaros, then to maintain a symmetry Demons turned Angels should be assigned by default to Arboreus. This way for Angels to be able to come to Syndesia would require some more effort and would lower the racial buff.

@dybuk said in About Angel, Abomination, Karma and Bonuses:

Well, humans with good alignment are not locked in good alignment. They can still change their karma and be either good or bad. Angels are supposed to be always good - unable to change their alignment, therefore maybe they fit better to Arboreus.

Yeah but, we know that Beastmen are the only creatures capable of using the primal power of Elysium (which is contained in the land of Arboreus) and if you go to Arborues with Evil Alignment one thing that happens is:

"If your character has an Evil alignment and you manage to enter Arboreus, well, now you’re in trouble! The planet itself, pervaded by the primal energy of Elysium, immediately starts fighting to repel you."

So I would assume Bestmen are only able to stay on Arborues forever because they are loved from and coexist with nature as well as have the ability to draw out / use the primal power of Elysium. So for me for an Angel to be able to stay on Arboreus forever it would also need this ability, which I donΒ΄t see happening πŸ€”

Well if they come up with something else that makes sense, I obviously am not against it, but that is just why I think Angels should not able to stay on Arboreus forever πŸ‘€

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@eurav
    Well, if they turned to Angel through a trial given by Beastmen Gods, then why not? πŸ™‚ Angels may be loved by Elysium as well since they are good aligned creatures and not able to commit a sin.
    Demon may be also turned to Angel by use of primal energy of Elysium (Arboreus). I think turning Demon to Angel may require quite a large amount of heavenly/magic energy. And what could be a better source of that energy than power of Elysium itself?

The lore is not set up strictly, it all can be changed by the devs and is still open for discussion. We can speculate and use our own imagination as much as we like. πŸ™‚

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@target Yes Liches πŸ™‚ thanks for the correction

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Eurav
    To me Angel seem to be aligned with good just as much as beastmen and as such they should be able to stay on Arboreus for as long as they want to, just as beastmen (they look to have the same karma limitation afterall).

@Gothix thanks for the correction, not yet very familiar with the names ^^

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured