A few questions about the primal form mechanic.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Hey,

1: When a beastman switches to their primal form, they gain access to unique abilities. Can these abilities be customized in any way or are they set in stone?

2: How do these primal form abilities work with attributes? Do they scale with certain attributes or does it not matter? Also, how do they work with resources like mana?

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Upping these questions, good ones o/

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

do they lose the other abilities as well or can they synthesize these primal form buffs with other abilities like mining or crafting?

• DymStudios - CEO

@vengu said in A few questions about the primal form mechanic.:

1: When a beastman switches to their primal form, they gain access to unique abilities. Can these abilities be customized in any way or are they set in stone?
    2: How do these primal form abilities work with attributes? Do they scale with certain attributes or does it not matter? Also, how do they work with resources like mana?

As of today, they're fixed - what's not set it stone is them being fixed forever 😉 Besides that, they're no different from "normal" abilities: some scale with attributes, some don't, some require stamina, some mana, some nothing at all 🙂

@lohen said in A few questions about the primal form mechanic.:

do they lose the other abilities as well or can they synthesize these primal form buffs with other abilities like mining or crafting?

Mining and crafting are not technically "abilities", they're professions - within them you have different abilities (say, crafting the item X or extracting the material Y). Most of those won't be available when in primal form: the Beastman turns into a real 4-legged beast, and that's something that is meant to be used in combat mostly.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Would have been better to say that the primal abilities are fixed 😆
    Now this bit of info entails next question: if they're not fixed forever, are they discoverable as any other abilities or there's some other mechanics behind them?
    Of course, I understand it's rather early in development, but curiosity beats my reason here 😛

• DymStudios - CEO

@fyrsey said in A few questions about the primal form mechanic.:

Now this bit of info entails next question: if they're not fixed forever, are they discoverable as any other abilities or there's some other mechanics behind them?

By "not being fixed forever" I meant it's a design decision that could change in the future! :slight_smile: Right now we're keeping it simple by making them fixed and all given to you directly when you create your character.

• Complementary question:

when shapeshifted to primal form, will you keep your stats, or will some of them be buffed (bear would gain more +X str, +X con and -X dex ) or will all the stats be changed to "default bear shape stats" independent to stats of humanoid form (like in ADaD with druid shapeshifting) ? I hope for first option,or second one to balance passives of demons (Maybe i understood it wrong, but are nightmare´s bonuses during night/in dark conditions and hellfire´s dmg reduction upon reaching X% of life passive abilities ? If so, they would have advantage of one free ability slot for more damage or defensive ability, wouldn´t they...unless the change into bear makes him significantly better than in humanoid form in full plate and with huge 2h weapon --> seems to me that for caster the shapeshift into bear will be "panic button" if melee gets too close, but will it have any positives for tanky 2H bear? Bear warriors for example might find passive ability of more toughness and self heal upon reaching some endurance threshold more usable - just like Hellfire´s "fiery veins resist" passive ability...same for deer kin - maybe passive movespeed on X% of hp, would do the same). One free slot in game with 8 slots might change a lot.

Concerning bear -kin - does regen bonus of bear primal form increase with more constitution? And does bonus regeneration gained on reaching natural 20 in constitution also improve further up to 25 con?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured