Backers/founder rewards with little very soft slight effect?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I was wondering...
    I understand and agree that you wanna keep off any "pay 2 win" models in all the nuances they may come, but I guess that adding a very light almost insignificant bonus/buff effects to the reward (i.e.: +0.01%) a backer or a registered member in his foundation campaign gets, besides the only cosmetic upgrade, would add great interest in fellows...
    Let's say instead of a 100% only cosmetic, why not a 99,9% cosmetic +0,1% real bonus?
    In such a manner without actually interferimg in the game equilibrim, you give the backer the idea of having anyhow conquered a real (very little) and exclusive advantage (even not perceivable) that nobody else can have... not in that way (but only in many others).

PS: sorry for my english, maybe in Italian would sound clearer 😁

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

No. 🚫

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Or maybe 0.1% that would hardly be noticeable, right? Even 1% wouldn't be make much difference? Is a 50% boost significant?

Either a game is not pay to win or it is pay to win. Every advantage is an advantage. An advantage that people joining later can't get, wouldn't only make me cancel my pledge but would also scare off all future players.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Nah 😄 😄

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@jozef
    I just try to put my penny... it was a suggestion, please be kind... I just thought that there could be a manner, dev may find, to give such a little bonus that, even not being able to create any real difference, would add some hype... I mean: instead of zero bonus --> a very very little-over-zero-bonus", just to say:"ok it's actually uselss but I have it!"... might this attract backers/heroes now?
    A stupid example: we got the cape, it's only cosmetic, but we could use it to choke an opponent...😳 ... ok we'll never use it like that but... it's a very very very little add on... nobody else has... and I could use 😅

Again, I'm just trying to help.🙂, not very expericed as most of you are, so I suggest, that's all.
    thank you.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

The cornerstone of Fractured is that every character is equally competitive as soon as they're created. (I doubt that is quite true, but from what I've seen of the system, it should only take a few days to match meta.)

Any disproportionate or especially elite advantage undermines this cornerstone.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I repeat: I have in mind (and this was my suggestion) almost unperceivable bonuses (0,1% in something) totally unable to have real effect, so completely far from effect interaction between players (apart from theoretically adding a grain of sand).

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@randalf

You said something and we responded. You don't need to be defensive and rush to retort to every response

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@randalf

A bonus of any kind no matter how small breaks the paradigm. You can't say "no bonuses" and then have any measurable bonus.

Plus, if you are going to give a bonus that is that small, it would be more insulting than flattering.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@fibs
    Sorry I didn't want to! I just focused my suggestion in order not to be misandrestood.
    I apologize if bothered someone.
    Sorry again and thank you for your replies!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@randalf said in Backers/founder rewards with little very soft slight effect?:

@jozef
    I just try to put my penny... it was a suggestion, please be kind... I just thought that there could be a manner, dev may find, to give such a little bonus that, even not being able to create any real difference, would add some hype... I mean: instead of zero bonus --> a very very little-over-zero-bonus", just to say:"ok it's actually uselss but I have it!"... might this attract backers/heroes now?
    A stupid example: we got the cape, it's only cosmetic, but we could use it to choke an opponent...😳 ... ok we'll never use it like that but... it's a very very very little add on... nobody else has... and I could use 😅

Again, I'm just trying to help.🙂, not very expericed as most of you are, so I suggest, that's all.
    thank you.

It wouldn't increase the hype but instead decrease it drastically. Giving out even the tiniest advantage would label Fractured as being P2W and it would turn away a lot more people than it would lure in 🙂

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I have to side with the people against this. Providing direct bonuses for real money purchases is not right. Then couple that with one that wouldn't be obtainable later? This game would be dead before it even hit alpha. No thank you.

Keep it nice and even for everyone regardless of what they spend. This is coming from someone who bought a somewhat expensive tier too. So, yeah.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

It seems my suggestion should be buried. Thanks to all for considering it! 😉

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@randalf said in Backers/founder rewards with little very soft slight effect?:

an almost unperceivable bonuses (0,1% in something) totally unable to have real effect, so completely far from effect interaction between players

If the best weapon in an mmo is 0.1% better than the second best weapon, all players will want the best weapon and the second best weapon will be something for noobs only.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured