Camera and Movement Speed

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Here the reason why i posting this topic :

I have some kind of concerns about this,
    Firstly i want to ask that will there be "zvz" fight be supported? i mean huge fights and over +200 players.

• If yes(i would love it), do you think that the camera is a little bit close? It comes a bit yes to me but i cannot say anything before to be in a real zvz fight or group fight at all.
      To continue, i think that the camera looks a bit close for a huge fight to see all fight how it is goin on and track it out. Same time i also have concerns about movement speed.
    • In a huge battle it is so hard that goin through your enemies to finish someone. So lets imagine there some kind of tank player(will there be tank players at all?) and these guys poke you stun silence or whatever and they would be easily run back with that movement speed as i can say.

And lets imagine there some kind of channeled spells we have or spells that have cast-time. They also would be very hard to use in that case of movement speed.

Additional Questions Resulted from Above :

• Will there be kind of Tank Role?
    • If yes, How we will support Tank Role without any power-gap(defense stats) that either comes from items or skills.
    • Will there be Tanky items that stun or silence(mace, hammer etc) and armors
    • As i read this game will have dynamic fight, so will there be cast-timing skills or channeled?

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Hi, @memokal
    More of you're questions are answers compiled here by @Vengu :
    https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/1612/a-compilation-of-everything-we-know-about-fractured/2

I could answer to some of your asks, but @specter would be more precise.

Will there be kind of Tank Role?

A player could probably use in this 400 skills some to have this role (see Spot#4 )

If yes, How we will support Tank Role without any power-gap(defense stats) that either comes from items or skills.

Buff, skills, restoration, illusions, alteration, conjuration 😄

Will there be Tanky items that stun or silence(mace, hammer etc) and armors

Some skills are able to stun (lightning) and you could enchant items

As i read this game will have dynamic fight, so will there be cast-timing skills or channeled?

Seems you have skill when you hold keys and some when you strike (you could see it in the divers Fractured videos). In case of Rituals we have not have many information actually (see labyrinth).

• @memokal said in Camera and Movement Speed:

"zvz" fight be supported? i mean huge fights and over +200 players.

Town sieges and GvG fights over asteroids are supposed to be a thing, and there is no cap to the amount of people that can be in a fight.

i think that the camera looks a bit close for a huge fight to see all fight how it is goin on and track it out

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Think of everything outside of your point of view as the fog of war. If you want to know what's going on, that requires communication. This sort of uncertainty opens up opportunities that an organized force can take advantage of.

these guys poke you stun silence or whatever and they would be easily run back with that movement speed as i can say

I don't really see how this as a problem. If you blow a bunch of mobility skill cooldowns to interrupt a dangerous spell cast, that just sounds like good counterplay to me. If it does become a problem, I hope skills that counter this playstyle are put in place instead of just nerfing mobility skills. Ideally, in an open skill system like Fractured's, there should be counters to every playstyle.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

the ttk is faster in testing than it will be in life. I assume the run speed is faster too.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

hopefully it will work good by gameplay i am kinda waiting for alpha test

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured