Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Like @Mazikar already explained well, visibility is an enormously important factor.

There is so many games nowdays, we are being hit by newly developed titles (and titles under development) from all sides. KS has bunch of stuff offering to be crowd founded. MMO (news) websites write a bunch of new stories every day.

If game isn't visible, it is invisible.

A person roaming around the web already has a bunch of articles to read about other games (and about many other things not connected to games that he is interested in), so if you do not place your product to be visible, it may completely skip the persons view.

__

Your game may be super advanced and super innovative, but if the fact about it's existence doesn't reach the player, all the games qualities fall into uselessness.

Visibility is a crucial factor for success of not only crowd funding campaign, but also of an overall game success.

@mazikar said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@Logain and @FibS so look.... I have backed over 50 games on kickstarter. I have gotten to know more than one developer in this manner. Being on the front page is pretty much everything if you are under 80%. That is being on the front page under the search for games - video games - popular. Why? Because if you aren't on the front page there is a good reason. How do you stay on the front page? Activity on your kickstarter. Not just from a developer doing updates it needs our clicks, people talking and leaving messages, likes, and shares on social media. Why do you think so many of them have stretch goals that involve sharing on social media? For one it gets the word out and second it keeps them on the front page. I am here to tell you a game on the second page that hasn't met its goal... will not.

We all need to do our part, visit the kickstarter a couple times a day, make a post on a update or the main chat, like and share updates. Do this and it will stay on the front page... keep at it and it will be the top spot.

^ This is pretty much the way it goes.

Sadly, with the amount of money that Fractured still needs to meet its goal, I don't think they are going to hit their goal this time around.

That doesn't mean they should give up. That means they need to wait a bit of time (but not too long) re-push the Kickstarter and hope that they get roughly 40% funding (of the 48% they have) in the first 2-3 days. That will make it look like a way more deseriable project to back.

48% at 17 days left doesn't look like a strong grassroots following.

48% at 28 days left, looks like there are a lot of people who are supportive already if you are trying to draw in strangers.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@mazikar said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@Logain and @FibS so look.... I have backed over 50 games on kickstarter. I have gotten to know more than one developer in this manner. Being on the front page is pretty much everything if you are under 80%. That is being on the front page under the search for games - video games - popular. Why? Because if you aren't on the front page there is a good reason. How do you stay on the front page? Activity on your kickstarter. Not just from a developer doing updates it needs our clicks, people talking and leaving messages, likes, and shares on social media. Why do you think so many of them have stretch goals that involve sharing on social media? For one it gets the word out and second it keeps them on the front page. I am here to tell you a game on the second page that hasn't met its goal... will not.

We all need to do our part, visit the kickstarter a couple times a day, make a post on a update or the main chat, like and share updates. Do this and it will stay on the front page... keep at it and it will be the top spot.

If all you're saying is that front page is a symptom of a successful Kickstarter rather than a cause, well, to be frank, no shit? What kind of a redundant thing is that to say??

(...)Activity on your kickstarter(...)

I agree there, but mainly on the developer side. The promised spotlights should have already been published instead of the 'cosmetics' updates. Because that gives people something to discuss and talk about and might even help convince one or two people.

(...)involve sharing on social media(...)

I wouldn't argue against the efficiency of social media, what I wasn't sure about is the effect of being on the front page of Kickstarter.

a pictogram of what is included in each tier, i'm very surprised it isn't there already its normally a staple to KS.

@axan22 said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

a pictogram of what is included in each tier, i'm very surprised it isn't there already its normally a staple to KS.

i've only see them for projects where the tiers don't include all previous.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I haven't pledged because I've been burned by Kickstarter/Steam Early Access games so many times that I have two requirements:

• Early access must be inexpensive.
    • Early access must be early.

Waiting years for Beta 2 doesn't qualify for my second point. Spending $150+ on Knight doesn't qualify my first point.
    So for me, I'm afraid as much as I want to see this game succeed I will be waiting for an affordable option that puts the game into my hands soon. And if that means waiting for official release, so be it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

We need collectibles! I want a tiger man figure! go go.

@kitkiani said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

I haven't pledged because I've been burned by Kickstarter/Steam Early Access games so many times that I have two requirements:

• Early access must be inexpensive.
    • Early access must be early.

Waiting years for Beta 2 doesn't qualify for my second point. Spending $150+ on Knight doesn't qualify my first point.
    So for me, I'm afraid as much as I want to see this game succeed I will be waiting for an affordable option that puts the game into my hands soon. And if that means waiting for official release, so be it.

I'm glad it's out of your budget.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in [Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!]

Why do people do this? It doesn't help the game at all either to try to silence criticism or to try to push potential players away.

@fibs said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@jetah said in [Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!]

Why do people do this? It doesn't help the game at all either to try to silence criticism or to try to push potential players away.

the post sounds like the person just wants to spend sub 10$ and they'll 'play' it for a few hours and be done with it or they'll demand a refund because 'it wasn't what they thought it was' or some other excuse. DS needs testers who want to test the game knowing it'll have bugs and can write down how to duplicate a problem. You don't get those people with a 10$ EA price.

Sure, but on the other hand, why would people pay to do "a job" for a company? It should be the other way around, no? 😉

People who pay 150$ they will want some enjoyment out of it and not to "have a job to do" (or they will be investing purely to be the first to experience the content and learn as much as possible to get an edge), so they are more likely to spend time exploring the game "for themselves" and not "for the studio" to fix bugs.

In the end, the sum of money that a player pays for a package doesn't really affect how extensively someone will activate himself to help the company to fix bugs. Imho, if by some small extent someone will, he will due to the fact that company let him play alpha / beta for free (or cheap) so he will be grateful, and not the other way around (pay large sum of money to do a job for someone else).

The price of the early access, should in fact (imo) have a completely different purpose. It should be to tailor how many of players dev studio wants to include in which stage of pre-release testing.

So a studio says (example numbers) ok for an alpha one we want 300 testers, for alpha 2 we want 1000 testers, and for beta 1 we want 3000,...

Then studio calculates how much to set the price for each package, anticipating how many players will buy such package so they get numbers they wish.

And then they include early access reward to specific packages, depending on this price calculation. That's basically it.

Who will help the company more, or less with fixing bugs, that has little to do with the money (again imo).

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

the post sounds like the person just wants to spend sub 10$ and they'll 'play' it for a few hours and be done with it

which gives the game $10 and we lose nothing since we weren't gonna have that player anyway

or they'll demand a refund because 'it wasn't what they thought it was'

as long as not every single last one does this the game makes a net profit

DS needs testers who want to test the game knowing it'll have bugs and can write down how to duplicate a problem.

notto disu shitto agen

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@jetah

the post sounds like the person just wants to spend sub 10$ and they'll 'play' it for a few hours and be done with it or they'll demand a refund because 'it wasn't what they thought it was' or some other excuse. DS needs testers who want to test the game knowing it'll have bugs and can write down how to duplicate a problem. You don't get those people with a 10$ EA price.

I didn't say I wanted a $10 EA. I said I want to be able to play soon, and EA needs to be inexpensive.
    I'd be fine with a $60 EA to Alpha. It's paying now and then waiting years to even play the game that I won't do.

I have no problem with spending $150 on a game. Budget isn't the question. The issue is spending $150 on a game that I don't get to play for a long time and I have no reasonable guarantee that it'll even ever be released. It's more of a principle than anything else.

I am glad to see people like you pulling for the game though. I'm sure insulting potential players will get many people to sign on to support Fractured.

@kitkiani said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@jetah

I didn't say I wanted a $10 EA. I said I want to be able to play soon, and EA needs to be inexpensive.
    I'd be fine with a $60 EA to Alpha. It's paying now and then waiting years to even play the game that I won't do.

I have no problem with spending $150 on a game. Budget isn't the question. The issue is spending $150 on a game that I don't get to play for a long time and I have no reasonable guarantee that it'll even ever be released. It's more of a principle than anything else.

I am glad to see people like you pulling for the game though. I'm sure insulting potential players will get many people to sign on to support Fractured.

there are no EA games that have reasonable guarantees to ever be released.
    You use the term "play" which indicates to me you have no intention to test. Which is what Alpha and Beta phases are for.
    Beta Phase 2 is 20$ currently at EB tier.
    Alpha Phase 2 is 90$ at an EB tier.

@FibS if they spend 10 and refund 10 then it's a net loss of 1-3 because of merchant fee's. Not to mention the cost of hosting and bandwidth for that access to the game content.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Becuase I was burned big time by this:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35356147
    It's always a great feeling to have your Kickstarter featured in the news for being a huge failure. Ever since, I haven't do any Kickstarter or crowd funding.
    I have done some early access, but mostly have regretted that as well - Shroud of Avatar, Planet Explorer, TUG... I guess I have a really bad instinct about funding a game.

@gamble said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

Becuase I was burned big time by this:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35356147
    It's always a great feeling to have your Kickstarter featured in the news for being a huge failure. Ever since, I haven't do any Kickstarter or crowd funding.
    I have done some early access, but mostly have regretted that as well - Shroud of Avatar, Planet Explorer, TUG... I guess I have a really bad instinct about funding a game.

my biggest has been the Coolest cooler. guy raised $12m and 60k plus backers. 4 years and i'm still waiting but at least they're in stores!

@jetah this is one that is a total mess for me, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fantasycoinhq/fantasy-treasure-chest, its ongoing, talk about complete disaster.

Anyway ... lets get this back on topic.

I think if we help push this game a bit harder its going to do well. I would not expect a overnight slam dunk but we could see a momentum change if we simply start talking over on their main page of the kickstarter. Simply say some cool stuff about the game, say some encouraging words for the developers, and do the same with the updates. It helps sell the game, not some dark dismal "I thought this would do better" crap thats up there. I look like a one man cheering squad over there already and that doesn't help either, more people need to chime in.

@fibs said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

(...)as long as not every single last one does this the game makes a net profit(...)

You want to avoid refunds like the plague as a video game company. Not only does it cost you more to refund then you got from the customer (actually it can get worse then the 30% @Jetah mentioned), but your payment provider could decide to grant you worse conditions or even terminate your contract. Ad if that wouldn't be bad enough yet, the person asking the refund likely leaves a bad review and hence deters potential customers from a purchase.

(...)I think if we help push this game a bit harder its going to do well (...) if we simply start talking over on their main page of the kickstarter(...)

I'm all in for that, but I'd expect Dynamight Studios to release content more frequently as well. The spotlights on towns, buildings, sieges,... that's the activity the Kickstarter needs now (or actually would have needed in the first few days). If they provide the topic and information people are going to start discussing.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@logain Correct me if I am wrong or missed it, but wasn't it supposed to be a new live-stream topic revealed on Sunday??

If it was revealed it still is not on kickstarter.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured