Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I've pledged at the early Immortal tier, although someone from my gaming community is a bit concerned about this project due to the relatively small cost of the funding goal.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@october said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

I've pledged at the early Immortal tier, although someone from my gaming community is a bit concerned about this project due to the relatively small cost of the funding goal.

I assume they have some pre-funding. KS is also an advertisement area. It would be neat to see where the 100k is going to be used. But I agree, they mentioned hiring 2-3 new people but that should eat their 100k quickly in one year.

I wouldn't lower the price for alpha, however if not enough players joins for alpha (Devs feel there should be more people in it for better feedback), then they could offer some amount of alpha keys to the active community members to fill up the spots, depending on how much people devs wish to have in alpha.

For now we don't know yet how many players we will have in alpha, KS is still ongoing, and we don't know how many players devs wish to have in alpha.

If devs will feel they wish more players in alpha than the amount of alpha keys sold, then they can simply offer few more keys as reward for activity, or however they wish to award them.

@gothix
    quantity doesn't equal quality [for feedback]. I know there will be many that will just get a refund once they experience alpha for a little bit.

@jetah said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

(...)I know there will be many that will just get a refund once they experience alpha for a little bit.

You can not get a refund for that on Kickstarter, since the payment would have been processed month ago (alpha starts in ~4 month after the KS ends).

@jetah said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@gothix
    quantity doesn't equal quality [for feedback].

It's why I suggested gifting extra keys (if there will not be enough people in alpha) to active and helpful community members. 🙂 There is a high probability of a better feedback there.

(And only IF by the time alpha is released, they will feel that they would wish more people in alpha than there are available at that moment.)

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@logain all names you made are huge triple AAA sh supported by very famous designers, for sure RICHARD GARRIOT can afford to put a key for a game made by him at 500 euro, but is fucking richard garriot, he is in the mmo scene since 1997 and have a lot of reputation to sell, jeez sometimes talk to people like you make me m4d for the non sense you able to spit out.

They cant afford to make a kick campaign based on reputation becouse this require years to be build, campaigns like shroud of the avatar or star citizen are based on superfamous names wich are "supposedly" a guarantee of quality. A new indie sh cant play by this rules thats the main mistake of fractured ks. I mean even elite dangerous got access from 50 to 100 $ top . and the guy who put the face was David fucking Braben.

If tomorrow John Carmack wake up and decide he wanna do a ks campaign for doom 2099 he will get a million dollar by dinner time. A new sh cant play by this kind of strenght /marketing strategy becouse it simply dont have it.

If you dont understand the basics dont put such badly think thrue reply. they not gonna help anybody it just show that you not understand anything about this.

@vicious said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@logain all names you made are huge triple AAA(...)

I'm going to ignore the flame-baiting and swearing and simply respond to facts. If you read through the list of names I provided (it's just three, so not too much work there), you're going to find that one of the names (Chronicles of Elyria) is produced by people who do not have such a background.
    How does that work with your statement and analysis?

Ultimately just waiting for additional information. There's still plenty of time to pledge, and making up my mind about which tier is hard. I think more information will help resolve this.

@Logain Chronicles of Elyria is P2W game.

You can outright buy for yourself and for your guild best settlement buildings, best walls, best protection, even legendary gear just by spending thousands of euros through crowdfunding. You can also become king of a zone, or any other title (and titles aren't just cosmetic, you actually control zone and receive taxes from people like that, so $ for in game currency as well). And many other P2W features that I will not get into now.

So if people are willing to spend thousands of euros on legendary gear, on whole cities and to become kings and lords, then it's not a problem for them to spend a bit more on alpha key.

It's a different type of game, that will attract different kind of crowd (P2W crowd).

@eso said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

Ultimately just waiting for additional information. There's still plenty of time to pledge, and making up my mind about which tier is hard. I think more information will help resolve this.

I believe this to be one of the issues but there's still 3 weeks left.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Got burned too many times by Kickstarter. Anyone have one of their Kickstarters featured on BBC news because of the vast scale of fail involved by the guys that did the KS? I have and since then, been very reluctant to ever do a KS again.

@gamble said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

Got burned too many times by Kickstarter. Anyone have one of their Kickstarters featured on BBC news because of the vast scale of fail involved by the guys that did the KS? I have and since then, been very reluctant to ever do a KS again.

Still waiting on my Coolest ice chest... person raised $10 million plus and I'm year 5 without it.

@logain Again you now nothing of what you talk about you now who is Jeromie Walsh? he worked on dungeons and dragons and star was battlefront not properly a green guy working for an indie. but again TRIPLE A products.

And the other guy behind chronicles of elyria is Eddie Smith wich worked on HALO, HALO 2 AND for CRYTEK.

Again bad example. they made a project with a lot of finance behind a lot of credibility and 3xA titles at their back. IS a very different story then sell an indie sh , even if your project is incredibly good or original you simply dont have the credibility .

Also their entire team is composed by ex employee of microsoft gaming, bungie, Sony entertainment , Monolith etc etc,

How many times i need you to proof how wrong you are? You dont even know who is behind elyria otherwisw you would now this stuff and even with such group and background Chronicles of Elyria is struggling, i have seen their stuff and follow the scene, is nothing really original, nothing breakthrue, blatant pw2 to an exploit point where people can spend thousands of euro for have things that you cant archieve otherwise in game (you litterally buy territory and kingship lol ) in eve no one made you leader with $ you needed to build your alliance gain respect etc, Elyria is just another mmo the market not want , not need , doomed to fail : is going to release get maybe even a million sell and then drop pop by 80-90% in first 6 months, becouse is not really new.

@Prometheus honestly here, I think the number of players joining the KS would be bigger if publisher was known.

I think this could easily be major factor here. People have been burned in the past by bad publishers, and I strongly believe that many will wait that the publisher is revealed before deciding about the game.

One thing I've been looking for but I can't seem to find is what is your funding stream from now until Launch.

Usually games come out and they ask for close to $1,000,000 for their Kickstarter. You are asking for $100,000 and you can only kickstarter a project once, so really I think people want to know how are you going to get from post-kickstarter to launch with only $100,000 USD?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I wait for screens at which i will see how different characters looks like.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

haven't pledged, i definitely need to see a lot more of the game and possibly see how it really feels while testing if i can get into the prealpha before i fully trust. seeing what skills there are is a lot more important than seeing what cosmetics there are in the game.

@gothix said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@Prometheus honestly here, I think the number of players joining the KS would be bigger if publisher was known.

I think this could easily be major factor here. People have been burned in the past by bad publishers, and I strongly believe that many will wait that the publisher is revealed before deciding about the game.

one part of using kickstarter is to not need a publisher. or did you mean developers?

@Jahlon
    it's €100k, not USD.

@Deity
    problem is pre alpha is a test, there might not be anything you can do that would resemble game mechanics.

one part of using kickstarter is to not need a publisher. or did you mean developers?

No I meant publisher like I wrote.

Developers can make a great game, and then give it to a greedy publisher that can introduce pay 2 win features later on. And developers will not be able to do anything about it because they signed a contract and now the publisher is in charge of finances, and how the game will work from financial perspective.

So developers promises about the P2W (or lack there of) mean very little if publisher that will sell the game will be bad / greedy and will change things around later on.

This is why many people are waiting to see who will publish the game, because they know publishers from their history, and depending on who the publisher is players will decide if they will play the game or not.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured